: Headlights suggested??

NigelM5
02-09-06, 08:30 PM
Hi - I just spent the last two evenings installing a Passport SRX front/rear radar laser detector in my 04 V. Thanks to the links at cadillacfaq and your help, everything went very smoothly....

However, I am now having trouble with the Auto headlights...the car seems to think it is always dark outside and wants the lights on.

Does anyone know where the photoelectric sensor is??

It is very possible that the detectors are blocking the sensor and I need to move something.

I read that the SRX sensor is on the dash.

I got power from the front cigar lighter and mounted the front radar unit under the grill to the drivers side. I mounted it at the top side of the grill. The laser detectors are mounted under front bumper, one to each side of the front license plate. The rear laser is right between the 3rd brake light and top of the rear license plate. Any hep would be great. Thanks. Nigel.

urbanski
02-09-06, 08:42 PM
sounds like a nice install, Nigel.
I think the eye is on the dash.

NigelM5
02-09-06, 08:43 PM
If that's the case there really is no reason why the headlights are having trouble. Maybe its just a fluke. Thanks.

keeksv
02-09-06, 08:49 PM
The sensor is right on the top of the dash, in the center. Hope yours is just covered up and hasn't fallen down inside the dash somewhere...

You're not planning on using that detector in Virginia, are you:tisk::o

urbanski
02-09-06, 08:53 PM
maybe that's why he did a stealth remote install, lol
never heard of an auto headlight issue before...there is a delay before they shut off (going from dark to light)....is the stalk on auto, and have you waited for a while for them to go off?

NigelM5
02-10-06, 08:07 PM
Thanks again. The headlight thing resolved itself. Have no idea what that was all about. Everything's up and running. If anyone wants some pics, send me an email at nigelazer@aol.com and I'll them to you.