: Service Bulletins

Carnalsupply
02-09-06, 02:02 PM
I've noticed there have been a number of transmission, rear suspension, radiator, and other GM Service Bulletins issued by the factory, as well as discussed here in the forum, and I'm curios as to how a V owner can stay abreast and/or compile a list of the various Service Bulletins affecting our cars.
I did find a site (Alldata) listing hundreds of service bulletins, but there is no way of knowing, without opening each one, which vehicles they pertain to. Has anyone compiled such a listing here? If not, maybe we could/should do so, and make it available for all to use.
Thanks

Lindsay Cadillac
02-09-06, 02:24 PM
Look here http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/index.php

Should have everything you're looking for...

urbanski
02-09-06, 02:36 PM
beaten by james lol :p

Carnalsupply
02-09-06, 04:53 PM
Thank you both for your speedy and informative answer, I'll be a regular viewer of the FAQ page.

Carnalsupply
02-09-06, 05:49 PM
Just finished browsing the link you guys suggested, and just as with the site I mentioned, there seems to be no easy way to discern which TSB's are directed towards our V's and which aren't, hence my suggestion about compiling a V-specific list.
Or, did I miss something at the FAQ site which would allow me to do exactly that?

urbanski
02-09-06, 07:04 PM
I doubt Reed has time to compile model-specific TSBs. I'm happy for what we have, and that its free.

Carnalsupply
02-09-06, 07:35 PM
I certainly can't (and won't) argue with any of that.

urbanski
02-09-06, 07:51 PM
what i did was load the TSB page....then use your browser's "find" function for a keyword, like radiator, or clutch. etc.
sure its a huge list, but you may be able with time to find the correct one :)

BeagleBrains
02-09-06, 09:00 PM
Yes, indeed. This FAQ resource has serve me well. The radiator had a slow leak, revealing itself by the low coolant warning. This started at about the sixth month of ownership of our 2004 CTS V. The Forum threads showed this as a frequent problem. I printed out the TSB information and delivered this to my dealer (after a few responses to my coolant leak complaints, like: the level alarm setpoint is sensative to irregularities in the road.) The new radiator was ordered.
Monday of this week, the leaking had increased. I went directly to the dealer. Their greeting: "The new radiator has been here for a while. We can put it in tomorrow." Why was there no call. Waiting for a siezed engine, I guess.
Oh well!:ill: The new radiator is finally installed. Thanks, V Forum.

ctsvett
02-12-06, 12:54 PM
one day when i get time, i will add elements to the database (very time consuming) that will allow you to search (tough cause they are PDFs) and also sort by V/ non V, and model year... This will take some time...

Reed

Carnalsupply
02-14-06, 02:58 PM
Thank you all for your time and effort! My V has been trouble free so far, but I like to stay abreast of what's happening, and you certainly help me to do that.

Dreamin
02-14-06, 03:40 PM
one day when i get time, i will add elements to the database (very time consuming)

Maybe if you stopped running the website off Notepad... :histeric:

wildwhl
02-15-06, 01:36 AM
Maybe if you stopped running the website off Notepad... :histeric:

Notepad? Shiat - Reed hasn't even demoed that yet! You're giving him WAY too much credit, Dreamin :stirpot: