: There's a wrecked Fleetwood

davesdeville
02-09-06, 04:05 AM
For sale here on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2nd-owner-was-super-clean-excellent-maintenance_W0QQitemZ4609706144QQcategoryZ6149QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem). I'm thinking if it doesn't go for more than maybe 2k or so I might pick it up, drive it back here and fix it. There's a 94 in a junkyard here that was rear ended so I could pick up the parts, have em painted, then just stick em on. Looks fairly straightforeward. Someone I know has a 30 day carfax so I'm running it just for fun. This would be a nice car for my parents to drive, my dad drives a 92 SHO which is good on gas, my mom takes the bus, so this would see limited use as a grocery getter, backup car, and road trip car. As such it would see very limited performance mods.

Think I should do it, or no? Why?

caddycruiser
02-09-06, 08:33 AM
I saw that too, and it does look legit. I'd go for it, as long as the bidding stays in a reasonable range that you're willing to pay.

Then again, I wonder how someone could hit a mall light pole with so much force to do that much damage to a tank like this, but then not set the airbags off.:cookoo:

Regardless, does look like a very well maintained, clean car, just missing some parts...and if you have the ability to both get those parts and get them installed without spending an arm and a leg, it might be worth it.

Is it far enough away that you couldn't see it in person while the bidding is still going on?

pcm
02-09-06, 09:08 AM
that is nice if I had the money I would get it.

JTraik
02-09-06, 11:34 AM
Its already at 1500 i wouldnt pay a cent more. If the carfax report comes up clean as in no accidents then i would maybe go to 1650.

caddycruiser
02-09-06, 12:06 PM
Its already at 1500 i wouldnt pay a cent more. If the carfax report comes up clean as in no accidents then i would maybe go to 1650.

Definately, because there's still the unknown repair costs to consider.

N0DIH
02-09-06, 01:48 PM
If you can get a front clip for $400-$500 and install it yourself, you still have painting to do. Costs still can get up there >$3K including car very easily. You can pick up nice FW's for that that aren't wrecked.

KaddyKat
02-09-06, 04:19 PM
might ask if there is any frame/engine mount damage. Looks like a close call