: Quick question on LT1 powered Broughams

SkarTisu
02-09-06, 01:39 AM
I started reading more about the 93(?)-96 Fleetwood Broughams powered by the LT1 engine, so I did a quick search here and couldn't find the answer to the following question:

Is the engine bi-metal? Aluminum heads/steel block? All aluminum? All steel?

The more I read about these, the more I want to go drive one and see what they're like. I think they'd be more reliable for a longer time than my 4.9L motor which I'm just WAITING for a head gasket failure on.....

Thanks, everyone!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-09-06, 01:50 AM
IIRC, they are all steel. The low end power is very comparable to the 4.9, but it has noticeably better acceleration above 60mph. If you really wanna look at one, there was a '94 FWB for sale at a dealer in Burnsville off highway 13.

SkarTisu
02-09-06, 01:55 AM
I just might do that.

(Hijack, but I started the thread...) When I got gas tonight, a cute blonde girl pulled up to the pumps behind me driving a 92 Spring Edition Coupe in Triple White! She'd put 96 SLS wheels on it, but otherwise it looked VERY familiar! It's only the second triple white Spring Edition I've seen on the road in the year I've had mine. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-09-06, 02:04 AM
That car sold...

I would have flirted with that girl so much! Ya know make comments about her car, then point towards yours (or mine) Yeah just play with her and stuff

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-09-06, 02:16 AM
Anyways, here's a '96 Roadmaster Sedan. LT1 powered of course! It's almost exactly like mine, except mine was the Limited sedan. Same color interior and exterior, same wheels...cool!

http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail.asp?usedVehicleID=2128853&XDealerID=1904&minYear=1994&maxYear=1996&searchID=29497236&vehicleTypeID=1&UVViewID=4&Page=1&ASU=0

davesdeville
02-09-06, 04:58 AM
OK you two having the same avitar really confused me for a second there.

Katshot
02-09-06, 08:33 AM
B & D body cars have the iron heads and the F bodies and Corvette have the aluminum heads.

SkarTisu
02-09-06, 09:50 AM
If I remember right, F bodies were Camaro/Firebirds, weren't they? So the LT1 in the Brougham has iron heads and an iron block?

N0DIH
02-09-06, 02:27 PM
I would say a 4.9L Cadillac won't stand a chance against an LT1. Maybe with 2.56's, but not with 2.93's and lower (higher numerically). I have had both, the LT1 (mine is factory RPO V4P so it comes with 3.42's stock) will blow the 4.9L into the weeds. Until the 108 mph speed limiter kicks in, then the 4.9 might have time to catch up.

Don't get me wrong, the 4.9L runs great, but the LT1 really has more punch. I would venture to guess 1-1.5 seconds faster 0-60 and 1.5- 2 seconds quarter mile, from the SOTP feel. Given a 4.9L DTS, things might be closer. The 4.9L lacks upper rpm breathing, and it shows at higher rpms.

LT1 in B/D bodies are Iron heads/block, aluminum intake. (Roadmaster/Impala-Caprice/Fleetwood)
LT1 in Y/F bodies are alum heads/intake, iron block (Camaro/Firebird and Corvette)

IIRC, they are all steel. The low end power is very comparable to the 4.9, but it has noticeably better acceleration above 60mph. If you really wanna look at one, there was a '94 FWB for sale at a dealer in Burnsville off highway 13.

SkarTisu
02-09-06, 02:34 PM
I would never expect a 4.9 to run with an LT1, even though the FWB is about 1000 pounds heavier than my SDV. I'm not looking for a race car anyway. I'm going to have to go drive a FWB to see what they're like. The ones I've looked at online look pretty plush, and I bet they ride even better than mine.

Iron block and heads, along with the reverse coolant flow, dry intake manifold and lower coolant pressure means I'd never have an intake gasket failure and would likely never have a head gasket failure, either.

That and longitudinal mounting and rear wheel drive means it would be an easier car to work on should anything go wrong.

I adore my current car. I wish there were triple white FWB's available. I think my love affair would end really quick when faced with a $2000 head gasket repair bill though. :bonkers:

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it! This board is a fantastic source of knowledge!

N0DIH
02-09-06, 02:51 PM
$2k? Owch. I have seen some pretty damaging repair bills on 4.9's and N*'s. enough I jumped to the FWB....

I have found my LT1 car is more enjoyable to drive than my SDV. I liked the SDV, but the FW is more my style and it is RWD, and that is important to me, especially in the winter and for handling.

Katshot
02-09-06, 03:04 PM
The coolant isn't the issue to worry about when thinking about an intake leak. The LT1 is known for leaking OIL past the intake gasket and into the combustion chamber where it usually fouls the plug (this is generally #8 cylinder as I recall). As for head gasket failures, I've never heard of any in either LT1 variant.
I think in totally stock trim, the LT1-powered Fleetwood is really a pretty close race with a 4.9-powered Deville. Just my SOTP opinon but I'd be surprised if there was a big difference between them. Anybody have any acceleration data?

SkarTisu
02-09-06, 03:07 PM
I'll take an oil leak that fouls a plug over a coolant leak that puts the mains in peril ANY day of the week! ;)

I'm interested in any acceleration data. I'm very happy with the punch my SDV has now. As long as a FWB is no slower, then I'll have no worries. If the FWB IS slower, then there are all kinds of tweaks that can be done to that motor to make it quicker, right Kat? :D

Katshot
02-09-06, 03:24 PM
I'll take an oil leak that fouls a plug over a coolant leak that puts the mains in peril ANY day of the week! ;)

I'm interested in any acceleration data. I'm very happy with the punch my SDV has now. As long as a FWB is no slower, then I'll have no worries. If the FWB IS slower, then there are all kinds of tweaks that can be done to that motor to make it quicker, right Kat? :D

Yeah, you could say that. ;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-09-06, 07:47 PM
Well, using a stopwatch, I timed my 0-60 at 7.93 seconds in the deVille. That night, it was around 50* out, on a completely flat stretch of road, no wheelspin. Plus, Nightwolf ran a 15.9 once in his completely stock '93 CDV. I would guess that my '95 Roadmaster's 0-60 was around 7.3 seconds. In the June 1994 issue of Motor Trend, they tested a '94 Impala SS and they got a 0-60 time of 7.1 and the 1/4 mile was done in 15.4 seconds at 94mph. In a 1992 Issue of Car and Driver, they tested a '92 Deville Touring Sedan and got a 0-60 of 7.4, and the 1/4 mile was done in 16.0 seconds.

Now Cadillac quoted the '94 Fleetwood Broughams 0-60 time at 8.5 with the 2.56:1 rear axle ratio. With that same setup, they quoted its 1/4 mile time at 16.6 @ 86.6 mph. It's 0-100 time is 22.6 with the 2.56:1 axle. The '92 DTS's 0-100 was like 25.9 seconds with the upgraded 2.93:1 FDR. Oddly enough, the FWB's 30-50 time is 5.4 seconds, I have timed my deVille's 30-50 at 3.76 seconds. And Cadillac quoted the top speed of the FWB at 108 due to the governor, but they said it was probably drag limited to about 140.

Here's the link for the site with the info.
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cfb.html

Katshot
02-09-06, 08:57 PM
Not true, I KNOW the Fleetwood is NOT drag-limited to 140. ;)
144 once and I let off. :thumbsup:
The times for a stock Fleetwood are usually around a 16sec 1/4 mile, and a stock Impala SS should do it in mid 15's. At least this is what I've seen at the track over and over.

N0DIH
02-10-06, 12:51 AM
How was the ride at those speeds? That is around 4500 rpm by the way of the spreadsheet I have.

185 comes in at 5800 rpm....

How high does the speedo go in these cars?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-10-06, 01:43 AM
How high does the speedo go in these cars?

Well judging by most other 3 digit digital speedos...I would say that the highest these speedos will read is 188mph.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-10-06, 01:49 AM
144 once and I let off. :thumbsup:

WOW! What was 144mph like in a 4400 lb boat like a Fleetwood?

The times for a stock Fleetwood are usually around a 16sec 1/4 mile, and a stock Impala SS should do it in mid 15's. At least this is what I've seen at the track over and over.

Yup yup exactly. Usually, the SS's were 15.3-15.4's, and the Roadmasters were like 15.8-15.9's, and a V4P Fleetwood Brougham is around a 15.7, and a Fleetwood Brougham is like a 15.9, and the Fleetwood is like 16.5.

Interesting to note, the 1991 Brougham with the 5.7 runs a 17.4 1/4 mile, along with a 9.1 0-60.

Katshot
02-10-06, 06:52 AM
When I first reset the speed limiter, I took the car out and by the time I got to about 130mph, it was feeling pretty squirrely, so I backed it down. After my wheels, tires and suspension mods, I did it again and she was nice and steady right up until I backed her down at 144mph. I was running out of space. There's a section of highway near my home that's perfect for top-end runs. No cops, and a perfect place to exit and get away just in case.
I reset my top speed limiter to 155 just for the hell of it but I know it's never going to hit that. My guess is it will probably do about 150 or so but to be honest, I really don't care.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-10-06, 11:55 AM
God I can't imagine the look on a BMW owners face when you pass him doing 150 in a 225" long Fleetwood Brougham! :bonkers:

Katshot
02-10-06, 02:17 PM
God I can't imagine the look on a BMW owners face when you pass him doing 150 in a 225" long Fleetwood Brougham! :bonkers:

Yeah, I get that a lot (not doing 150 though).

N0DIH
02-10-06, 02:30 PM
I don't have any good roads that I can go that fast. So what that 130 run on stock FE1 suspension?

Was there any lifting feel when you were up that fast?

Mine seems ok at 100 mph, but I don't do that often at all. Last car I did much of that I got a couple tickets over it, it wasn't worth it....

Katshot
02-10-06, 02:50 PM
I don't have any good roads that I can go that fast. So what that 130 run on stock FE1 suspension?

Was there any lifting feel when you were up that fast?

Mine seems ok at 100 mph, but I don't do that often at all. Last car I did much of that I got a couple tickets over it, it wasn't worth it....

The car had all the "performance" mods done but none of the wheel, tire or suspension mods yet. Like I said, at about 130 it got squirrely as hell, most likely due in part to lift.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-10-06, 04:15 PM
God I can just picture driving down the freeway in a VW Jetta or something small, and seeing a monster like a FWB coming up reaaaal fast behind you doing atleast 100.

Hahaha I would be scared as shit! The friggin FWB would eat the Jetta for breakfast!

caddycruiser
02-10-06, 04:34 PM
I see some experimentation in my future (safely, of course:) ).

The fastest I've ever been going in a Fleetwood was when I just felt like seeing what I could do in a short distance, and just pushed it after turning on to the semi-back road that goes from the main road down to our development with a 45 limit, then 35 (goes down as you near a curve and the bay, thankfully...), in our '93.

I've always thought this car felt smoother and even stronger the faster you were going, and that was entirely true: with it to the floor, the L05 rev'd quickly and it shifted like butter, all the while being eerily quiet, and I hit 92 about 50 ft before the curve and the water...

Granted, not nearly as fast as Katshot's been, but still thought it was pretty cool for such a big boat, and for a '93 that so many people mistakenly consider as slow.

So far, I honestly haven't even gotten a chance to do anymore than half throttle in my '95 LT1, so it should be fun when I finally get to drive it again.

BCs71
02-15-06, 01:58 PM
Yup yup exactly. Usually, the SS's were 15.3-15.4's, and the Roadmasters were like 15.8-15.9's, and a V4P Fleetwood Brougham is around a 15.7, and a Fleetwood Brougham is like a 15.9, and the Fleetwood is like 16.5.

AT the track recently I was surprised to see that my pal with a LT1 Roadmaster weighed in at less than an Impala or Caprice (about as much as a 9C1). He did no special weight-savings techniques, either. I think he tipped the scale at 4050lbs. So theoretically, the Roadmaster sedan with the tow package (gave it 2.93 gears) should be at the same 1/4 mile speed as an Impala SS! Suspension and drivetrains are identical, as well as weight!

I've seen Caprices/Impalas run anywhere between 14.8 - 15.6 in the 1/4 mile bone stock.

BCs71
02-15-06, 02:04 PM
The coolant isn't the issue to worry about when thinking about an intake leak. The LT1 is known for leaking OIL past the intake gasket and into the combustion chamber where it usually fouls the plug (this is generally #8 cylinder as I recall).

Yeah, I agree. The intake manifold design has high points and low points. The gasket sealant at the front and back is only good for so many miles/years before it needs replacing. But with no coolant through it, it really is a simple fix.

Mostly I've seen cylinders #7, #8 (two rearmost since engine is tipped back slightly) get the fouled plug thing. Causes the "multiple cylinder misfire" code, been there done that. Even cylinder #5 gets affected sometimes. :bonkers:

I think the F-bodies see this more often due to their EGR tube design or more exhaust manifold heat or something along those lines.... I forget exactly. But it puts more pressure on the manifold and lifts up slightly, causing an oil leak at the back where a layer of sealant makes up the gasket.

N0DIH
02-15-06, 02:06 PM
I was wondering if the tow package (V92 or V4P) got a frame similar to the 9C1. Anyone know?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-06, 07:26 PM
AT the track recently I was surprised to see that my pal with a LT1 Roadmaster weighed in at less than an Impala or Caprice (about as much as a 9C1). He did no special weight-savings techniques, either. I think he tipped the scale at 4050lbs. So theoretically, the Roadmaster sedan with the tow package (gave it 2.93 gears) should be at the same 1/4 mile speed as an Impala SS! Suspension and drivetrains are identical, as well as weight!

I've seen Caprices/Impalas run anywhere between 14.8 - 15.6 in the 1/4 mile bone stock.

I believe it! Car and Driver quoted a 6.5 0-60 and a 14.8 1/4 IIRC for the '95 Roadmaster! I never got those good of numbers, I think I was in the mid 7 second range, oh yeah and my car was 4244 lbs stock!

N0DIH
02-16-06, 11:23 AM
Is there any symptoms to look for? Or is intake removal and replacement of gaskets something that higher mileage cars should just do to be "safe"? Mine is at 179K, and appears to have never been off. I am doing a timing set/Opti/Water pump soon, should I do intake too? Heck, might as well find me a set of Z28/TA/Vette heads too, loose the front end weight while I am at it...

Yeah, I agree. The intake manifold design has high points and low points. The gasket sealant at the front and back is only good for so many miles/years before it needs replacing. But with no coolant through it, it really is a simple fix.

Mostly I've seen cylinders #7, #8 (two rearmost since engine is tipped back slightly) get the fouled plug thing. Causes the "multiple cylinder misfire" code, been there done that. Even cylinder #5 gets affected sometimes. :bonkers:

I think the F-bodies see this more often due to their EGR tube design or more exhaust manifold heat or something along those lines.... I forget exactly. But it puts more pressure on the manifold and lifts up slightly, causing an oil leak at the back where a layer of sealant makes up the gasket.

BCs71
02-16-06, 01:11 PM
Is there any symptoms to look for? Or is intake removal and replacement of gaskets something that higher mileage cars should just do to be "safe"? Mine is at 179K, and appears to have never been off. I am doing a timing set/Opti/Water pump soon, should I do intake too? Heck, might as well find me a set of Z28/TA/Vette heads too, loose the front end weight while I am at it...

The aluminum LT1 heads are not a good direct replacement for the iron heads on our big cars. They actually flow less in stock form than our iron heads! I think the 96-7 aluminum castings finally got darn close to matching flow on the iron heads. The weight savings alum vs iron will not be worth the swap effort.
Of course aluminum is cheaper to have ported than iron, but then you get into cam swap territory to make it worthwhile if performance is desired. Hell, if you are removing the timing gearset and considering the intake manifold removal, then you just did nearly all the labor necessary for a cam swap! Only thing left is radiator removal (and rocker arm & lifters). :highfive:

If you are removing the timing cover for gearset change, be sure to replace the three seals inside the timing cover. The waterpump seal is tricky to be sure to reasearch methods on that one. May want to purchase a second WP seal just in case, actually.....they are cheap at least.

I wouldn't really be concerned with replacing the intake manifold gaskets and seals if they're not leaking. You can cross that bridge when it comes time for it..... just my opinion. The labor is not hard at all, pretty simple when compared to the timing cover removal on an LT1, LOL. The gaskets aren't all that cheap, either.

illumina
02-16-06, 04:50 PM
I have timed my deVille's 30-50 at 3.76 seconds.

Try a nice 2.9 to 3.1 second burst for me on a consistent basis...:D :bouncy:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-06, 07:38 PM
Try a nice 2.9 to 3.1 second burst for me on a consistent basis...:D :bouncy:

Oh yeah! Well 3.7 is still pretty damn good! :p

Hahah just kidding illumina!

N0DIH
02-17-06, 12:06 AM
How do you measure 30-50?

My opinion is You are already at WOT and start the clock when you cross 30 and stop it when you pass 50 and back off the gas after. This gives the true acceleration of the car from 30-50. Same for 50-70.... If you are at 30 and nail it and start the clock, you are measuring trans kickdown, which I don't think should be part of the picture.

I don't know how "they" do it when they post official 30-50 times....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-06, 12:16 AM
Oh hmmmm........

I was doing it where I would cruise up to 30, then nail it.

Katshot
02-17-06, 09:42 AM

I believe it! Car and Driver quoted a 6.5 0-60 and a 14.8 1/4 IIRC for the '95 Roadmaster! I never got those good of numbers, I think I was in the mid 7 second range, oh yeah and my car was 4244 lbs stock!

Where the heck did this come from? There's no way in hell any "bone stock" Caprice/Impala is getting into the 14's. I know too many guys with modded ones that are still pulling 15's and high 14's.
I've seen many articles on these cars and seen many run at the track. I've been a member of the POSSI in Philly and ISSCA for years and believe me, if there were any truth to this, there would be some seriously frustrated members, because several have spent a lot of time and money getting their B-bodies into the 14's.

"Bone stock" LT1-powered Caprices and Roadmasters run high 15's to low 16's, and "bonestock" Impala SS's run mid 15's.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-06, 10:54 AM
Yeah I'm not sure exactly where that time was posted from. I got it off www.car-stats.com. I remember reading in "The Encyclopedia of American Cars 1930-2000" that Car And Driver tested a '94 LT1 Roadmaster Limited Sedan to a 7.8 0-60. Which sounds totally reasonable. I dont know why I said C&D got one to run a 6.5 0-60.

That being said, I wonder if the one they tested had the Trailer towing package with the 2.93 rear end.......

Katshot
02-17-06, 11:20 AM
Trailer-Towing option w/2.93 gears?!
I thought the T/T option got 3.42 gears. Same as the Impala SS. :confused:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-06, 12:15 PM
No, I believe in the Roadmasters, it was 2.93:1. Standard rear end was either 2.73:1 or 2.56:1, I can't remember. In the Fleetwood's V4P Trailer Towing package, it was 3.42:1.

BCs71
02-17-06, 01:16 PM
Trailer-Towing option w/2.93 gears?!
I thought the T/T option got 3.42 gears. Same as the Impala SS. :confused:

The Impala SS 1994-6 ONLY came with 3.08 gears. There was no trailer package on that vehicle. STandard LT1 engine and no other performance options available.

The Civilian model of 1994-6 Caprice that came with an optional LT1 also got the trailering package (I have one of these cars) which included the 2.93 gearset w/posi. Civilian base Caprice with 4.3L V8 had wimpy 2.56 or 2.73, I forget which.

The 9C1 Caprice had 3.08 gears when ordered with the LT1 engine. The base model 4.3 V8 9C1 Caprice had 3.23 gears.
**The Caprice sedan and 9C1 was THE ONLY B or D body to get the 4.3L V8 engine.

The Roadmaster Sedan and and wagon both (I believe) had 2.93 gears with the optional trailering package. Base gears w/o trailering was 2.56 or 2.73.

Caprice Wagon had LT1 engine standard and worked the same way with gears, I think. There was a 1A2 "special service SEO" wagon that was similar to a 9C1 sedan but it only had 2.56 gears I think available.

The Fleetwood is the only B/D body to have 3.42 gears from the factory with the LT1 engine (only V4P option).
My Fleetwood had 2.93s factory, but I swapped them for a 3.42 w/posi.

BCs71
02-17-06, 01:44 PM
Where the heck did this come from? There's no way in hell any "bone stock" Caprice/Impala is getting into the 14's. I know too many guys with modded ones that are still pulling 15's and high 14's.

"Bone stock" LT1-powered Caprices and Roadmasters run high 15's to low 16's, and "bonestock" Impala SS's run mid 15's.

I'm speaking from experience as well. Just this last October I was at the track with some club members, one named Jeff. He just picked up a retired cruiser, a 1994 9C1 that looked a little worse for wear. He threw some new tires on it and went to the club track day (he was stock even down to the PCM and restrictive stock exhaust!). I think he did TB bypass, however, which is arguably netting noticeable HP.
I watched him in person pull consistent 14.9s that day. He had 3 runs I think in the 14.9X range. All this on a one-legger!
Granted, Jeff has a lot of racing experience so he managed low 2.0 60' times on street tires.
I wonder what he could have pulled with a posi and some slicks.....
I think we had video of him on the track but our message board was hacked and I see that section got deleted! :mad:

Another club member claims 14.6 in his 9c1 with intake/exhaust work, but I'm a little hesitant to believe that since I've never seen it in person. He might have had slicks or some other tricks there......

But being on the forums for B-bodies the last 4 years I have heard of a few "freak" cars that just seem a tad quicker than most.

My Caprice (which weighs a fair deal more than a 9C1 since I have leather, seat motors, and stereo equip.) could only pull 15.3 that same day and I have modified the exhaust system. Admittedly, I am a racing rookie though. I had 2.2x or 2.3x 60' times on street tires.

N0DIH
02-17-06, 02:05 PM
There is 2 trailing options.

RPO V4P 7000# (Cadillac Fleetwood/Fleetwood Brougham Exclusive)
RPO V92 5000# (Roadie and Caprice)

V4P got 3.42's 94-96, and in 9x-93, got 3.73's. The V92 got lesser gears, 2.93 in 94-96, and I think 3.23 in 9x-93. The V4P has the HD trans, much more HD than the 9C1, made for heavy towing. Accumulators are much larger. RPO V4P trans doesn't share the accumulators with any other car/truck.

Honestly I think the V92 and V4P are similar with the gears and trans being the unique items to V4P. Both are V08 (mech fan) and have the 140 amp alt and engine (coolant type)/trans (ext) coolers.

For LT1 cars:
FW got 2.56's
FWB got 2.93's, opt on FW (and I think all R1P's too got it)
RM got 2.93's only
Caprice got 2.56's
Caprice 9C1 got 3.08's
Impala SS got 3.08's
All V92 cars got 2.93's (RPO V92 not available in WX3 (Imp SS) and SEO 9C1)

For L99 (265/4.3L Gen II V8) cars:
Caprice got 2.93's
Caprice 9C1 got 3.23's
V92 not available w/L99

Katshot
02-17-06, 03:49 PM
Say what you want but I will not believe 14 sec. ETs from "totally stock" LT1-powered cars.

BCs71
02-17-06, 04:36 PM
Say what you want but I will not believe 14 sec. ETs from "totally stock" LT1-powered cars.

I'll quit trying to convince you then!

:thumbsup:

BCs71
02-17-06, 04:44 PM
RM got 2.93's only

For L99 (265/4.3L Gen II V8) cars:
Caprice got 2.93's

I may be wrong, but I think the RM sedan got 2.56 or 2.73 (not sure which) in base form. With the trailering option (V92) I think it stepped up to 2.93s.
Same for the wagon, I believe.

The L99 civilian Caprice had 2.73s if memory serves.

:highfive:

illumina
02-17-06, 05:50 PM
How do you measure 30-50?

My opinion is You are already at WOT and start the clock when you cross 30 and stop it when you pass 50 and back off the gas after. This gives the true acceleration of the car from 30-50. Same for 50-70.... If you are at 30 and nail it and start the clock, you are measuring trans kickdown, which I don't think should be part of the picture.

I don't know how "they" do it when they post official 30-50 times....

I usually nail the accelerator and once it hits the floor of the car, I begin timing, and yes, I measure the kickdown...

So, what you're saying is that I should take the car from 30-50 mph and begin timing after the kickdown?

N0DIH
02-24-06, 02:19 PM
http://dan.esteban.com/impalass/ReturnTopET.asp?SelectedClass=5&Sort=ET

Lots of people here seem to get into the 14's "bone stock".

The claim is 100% verified.

I've seen many articles on these cars and seen many run at the track. I've been a member of the POSSI in Philly and ISSCA for years and believe me, if there were any truth to this, there would be some seriously frustrated members, because several have spent a lot of time and money getting their B-bodies into the 14's.