: navigation Question Please help!!!

trojan67
02-08-06, 06:35 PM
I bought a nav unit on e bay #10377531. I also have the antenna for the unit. Is it true that all i need to do in my truck (03 esacalade with the y91 option) is remove the old stereo and install the new unit with the anteanna and it should work. Do I need to have the unit unlocked via tech 2 scanner at a dealer before or after installation? Please help, thanks

rokum99
02-08-06, 08:01 PM
It will work. If your unit is a "Virgin" unit ( Brand new ) it's basically plug & play. If it's a used unit ( out of anothe vehicle ) it will need to be programmed.

loanman
02-09-06, 05:06 PM
I bought a nav unit on e bay #10377531. I also have the antenna for the unit. Is it true that all i need to do in my truck (03 esacalade with the y91 option) is remove the old stereo and install the new unit with the anteanna and it should work. Do I need to have the unit unlocked via tech 2 scanner at a dealer before or after installation? Please help, thanks

Congrats on the nav unit! Did you already have nav with the joystick and upgrade to the touchscreen or did you just get the touchscreen? I have the same yr escalade and upgraded from no nav to touchscreen and all I did was plug the anteanna in and put some double sided tape on the back of it, used an alcohol swab to clean off the top of the air duct behind the radio and mounted it right there! Just unplug your current radio and plug in the nav with the anteanna plugged in and your ready to go! If you bought from ebay ( like I did also) you will have to go to the dealer and have them clear the vin takes about 5min! Good luck!

Rays2kCaddy
02-10-06, 08:44 AM
I'm getting my virgin unit today and thanks to loanman I know where to put the GPS anteanna.

flyingdutchman
02-10-06, 12:31 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=256166#post256166

trojan67
02-10-06, 04:29 PM
the guy i was buying from on e bay sold it out right so I had to buy a different unit. It is not the touchscreen but it is an upgrade over the current situation (no nav) so I am still happy. I guess as long as you mount the antenna with the right side up it should work fine through the dash plastic? Also how much did the Dealer charge you to unlock your unit? And did you have it unlocked after the install or should that be done before? Thanks for your help.........