: Programming Garage Door

playr101
02-08-06, 05:11 PM
sup all..
cant figure out how to program my garage door in my 2000 Escalade...
anyone got the info?

-playr101

99escalademan
02-08-06, 05:15 PM
Programming the Transmitter
Do not use the HomeLink transmitter with any garage
door opener that does not have the “stop and reverse”
feature. This includes any garage door opener model
manufactured before April 1, 1982.
Be sure that people and objects are clear of the garage
door you are programming.
Your vehicle’s engine should be turned off while
programming the transmitter. Follow these steps to
program up to three channels:
1. If you have previously programmed a transmitter
channel, proceed to Step 2. Otherwise, hold down
the two outside buttons on the HomeLink transmitter
until the indicator light begins to flash rapidly (after
20 seconds). Then release the buttons. This
procedure initializes the memory and erases any
previous settings for all three channels.
2. Decide which one of the three channels you want to
program. Hold the end of the hand-held transmitter
about 2 to 5 inches (5 to 13 cm) away from the
surface of the HomeLink transmitter so that you can
still see the indicator light.
3. Using both hands, press the hand-held transmitter
button and the desired button on the HomeLink
transmitter. Continue to press both buttons through
Step 4.
4. Hold down both buttons until you see the red light
on the HomeLink transmitter flash rapidly. The rapid
flashing indicates that the HomeLink transmitter has
been programmed. Release both buttons once the
light starts to flash rapidly.

hcvone
02-08-06, 05:18 PM
That just about cover it. :)

womsterr
02-08-06, 05:24 PM
Rtfm

fast66
02-08-06, 05:33 PM
Rtfm
haha someone had to say it

Spittin Game
02-08-06, 05:50 PM
good luck, thats all I have to say.

GM has the hardest remote programming Ive ever used. All others are cake, the one in my Lade sucks, and I have no clue how I got it programmed. Im very good with stuff like that too. It kept failing over and over and over and over, etc... I just hope I dont have to reprogram it anytime soon.:bonkers:

fast66
02-08-06, 06:41 PM

GM has the hardest remote programming Ive ever used. All others are cake, the one in my Lade sucks, and I have no clue how I got it programmed. Im very good with stuff like that too. It kept failing over and over and over and over, etc... I just hope I dont have to reprogram it anytime soon.:bonkers:

my jeep and range have the same process as the escalade. its hard with all of them.

ewill3rd
02-08-06, 07:02 PM
As much fun as it is to ridicule GM for the programming procedure, these devices are bought from a supplier called "homelink" and installed in factory cars.

They are a pain, yes. But they are compatible with the literally hundreds of openers on the market today.
It's such a pain I haven't even programmed mine.

For details on programming the transmitters you can always find very good information at the manufacturer's website.
www.homelink.com

Boombotz
02-08-06, 07:05 PM
I didn't find anything hard about programming my garage door opener or programing my lighting in the house on the other 2 buttons.

ewill3rd
02-08-06, 09:51 PM
My GDO is higher than the one in my old house so it's harder :D

Rolex
02-08-06, 10:52 PM
Rtfm

:histeric: +1

hornyjuan
02-08-06, 11:20 PM
Never was able to get it to work. I think it'll work with the trasmitter button that is on the door opening mechanism itself.

hcvone
02-09-06, 09:30 AM

My M5 was far harder to program, it took almost 20 minutes, my Caddy's and Jeep's take no time. :)

Sky High Ent.
02-09-06, 02:19 PM
For some reason , I couldn't get mine programmed on the first button, but it worked on the middle one the first try, so I just use that

Sprint97
02-09-06, 05:37 PM
My car and the Escalade are programmed the same way. The instructions are in the garage door opener instructions. There is a programming button on the grage door opener in the garage. Hold it until it starts flashing. Then go to the vehicle and hold the button in that you want to program until it flashes. The one on the garage door opener should stop flashing at this point. The button in the vehicle should now work. Check your handbook for your garage door opener for the instructions.

womsterr
02-09-06, 09:29 PM
yea but first ya gotta synch it up to the handheld. Once that is done you hit the learn button the motor itself. We just moved. Just performed this...3 times on 3 cars :(

playr101
02-21-06, 08:36 PM
thanks for the reply..
and i dont have the manual..
so i figure id ask others on here... thanks to those who helped..
no thanks to the dumb comment...

-playr101

senility
02-21-06, 10:45 PM
thanks for the reply..
and i dont have the manual..
so i figure id ask others on here... thanks to those who helped..
no thanks to the dumb comment...

-playr101

What you have to keep in mind is that the instructions above are so the homelink figures what codes your transmitter is throwing (in the case of rolling codes). Then after it learns, you press the learning button on the GDO and the GDO learns the code the homelink is throwing. Once I realized this, it was easy. Up to that point I thought there were two directions to follow (homelink and the GDO) and both were different.

Dan <><

Nasty Black Lac
02-21-06, 11:06 PM
Anyone know what the blinking 12:00 on my VCR means?

Steelhead Jess
02-22-06, 01:01 AM

now that sh@t is funny!

senility
02-22-06, 11:31 PM

It's getting ready to explode? If the blinking rate increases, run . . .

Dan <><

ladetwin
02-23-06, 01:05 AM
:confused: doesn't that 'blinking 12:00' mean 12 seconds, 12 minutes, 12 months, 12 years...before something somewhere turns on or is it turns off?....I forgot:worship:

BCCADILLAC
02-23-06, 09:40 AM
I have programed many many of these, this is gonna sound weird BUT if you have trouble getting the Cadillac to accept your transmitter do this. After clearing the memory of the Homelink start the program procedure, the manual says to point the remote at the homelink transmitter, don't ,wave your remote around the whole homelink area pointing it at the homelink transmitter but from several angles. ( it looks like your swating flys so don't let the neighbors see you) but it will work. lastly these units do fail so if your logic can't program it, it's quite possibly broken take it to your dealer they can help.
Chris
:thepan: swatting flies haha

Nasty Black Lac
02-23-06, 01:12 PM
I just finally go my programmed last night and I honestly don't know how I did it!

I pushed the 'Learn' button on the opener in the garage, held the desired button, then released. I had to do this twice, but it finally worked. Now, I just have to program the other 2 for my brother's house and my parents' house!
:thumbsup: