: which grill to buy?

cadi04
02-07-06, 09:17 PM
This is my favorite one so far
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-ESCALADE-CLASSIC-VOGUE-GRILL-GRILLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ8034 688104QQrdZ1

horizontal or vertical one? ....or any other favorite ones? this is for a black escalade...

40 Acres
02-07-06, 09:34 PM
Not sure if I wanna put that type of bank on a grille just yet. but that is tight. Meanwhile, I am holding out then who knows but the vert does look better.

hcvone
02-08-06, 08:20 AM
I have many customers from NJ with that grill, if you want an aftermarket grill it's one of the best. :)

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-08-06, 09:26 AM
I have that exact grille on my 2005 Escalade. I love it and think it was an excellent purchase. The only other grille I would consider would be STRUT. They are the top of the line for appearance. If you would like, visit www.strutwear.com (http://www.strutwear.com). I am very happy with my E&G Classic Vertical Grille. Below is a picture of my Escalade with the grille. You will notice I had the small black piece located behind the emblem removed from mine because I think it looks nicer the way I have it.

Thanks.

cadi04
02-09-06, 06:14 PM
It is expensive.... has anyone seen it cheaper anywhere?

Rolex
02-09-06, 07:15 PM
Search engine is your friend.

ETA: you'll find just as many pics as opinions. I like the vertical grills.

Sky High Ent.
02-10-06, 12:33 AM
I saw a strut grille on Ebay for 2200.00!
Is that how much they go for?
I really want one of these, on the strut website you can check out the gallery of all the escalades with them installed.

The one on Ebay was for a chrysler 300 , but I can't believe the price on these things

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-10-06, 08:41 AM
I saw a strut grille on Ebay for 2200.00!
Is that how much they go for?
I really want one of these, on the strut website you can check out the gallery of all the escalades with them installed.

The one on Ebay was for a chrysler 300 , but I can't believe the price on these things

Yes. STRUT packages do cost that much. You will usually see a brand new package for about $2,500. I was looking into a STRUT package for my 2005 Escalade and when I inquired with a local dealer for STRUT they told me the job would be $2,700 including install. I was amazed that the price was this much, but it is, and that's what you pay when you want the best.

Thanks.

hcvone
02-10-06, 09:02 AM
$2700.00 for a grill? That is a lot. :(

Cadillacboy
02-10-06, 05:22 PM
If I were to change my grille ,I would go with the vertical one .I didn't change my former Escalade though

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-10-06, 06:37 PM
$2700.00 for a grill? That is a lot. :(

Don't forget it is not only a grille. It is a full package. I'm not saying it is a lot more than a grille but the package includes STRUT emblems to place all around the Escalade as well. In no way does this make the price reasonable, but once again, it is top of the line merchandise. I ended up with the E&G Classic Vertical Grille which I placed in another post below. Very happy with it and it cost a lot less than the STRUT. Good luck and let me know what you are going to do.

Thanks.

Sky High Ent.
02-10-06, 07:13 PM
I got a quote locally for a strut and it was 3 g's!
:mad2: WTF!

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-11-06, 09:08 AM
I got a quote locally for a strut and it was 3 g's!
:mad2: WTF!

Exactly my point. Top notch for the STRUT. This is why I went with the E&G Classic Vertical Grille. Good luck.

'06 QuickSilver
02-12-06, 04:01 AM
anyone ever though about "GrillCraft" ? i dunno why but i seem to be leaning towards it.

link -->>http://www.grillcraft.com/

escalade -->>http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/applications.asp?action=viewDetails&make=CADILLAC&model=ESCALADE&ext=&years=02%2D06

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-12-06, 02:24 PM
The GrillCraft looks very nice. That looks exactly like a grille made by E&G which is a very respectable company as well. Have you seen any of the GrillCraft's in person? The price also seems very good because I paid almost double that for mine which is an E&G Classic Vertical Grille. Definitly look at the grille in person before you make any deicisons. Good luck.

Thanks.

99escalademan
02-12-06, 04:18 PM
You have a chance at getting 1 free if your near l.a

Wanted : Photo shoot project vehicles :[/URL]
We are currently seeking vehicles within driving distance to the Los Angeles, CA area. We will need these vehicles for just a few hours in order to install one of our Sport Grille kits for a step- by- step photo shoot. The vehicle must have a stock front bumper. You will receive a free Sport Grille kit along with the installation if we use your vehicle!

[url]http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/wanted.asp (http://www.grillcraft.com/applications/wanted.asp)

manny5700
02-13-06, 04:12 PM
Does anyone here know if the E&G Classic Verticle Grille is the same grille for a 2002 Escalade (SUV) as the grille from a 2005 Escalade EXT? in other words If I get a grille used from someone with a 2005 EXT will it fit my regular 2002 Escalade?

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-13-06, 08:12 PM
Does anyone here know if the E&G Classic Verticle Grille is the same grille for a 2002 Escalade (SUV) as the grille from a 2005 Escalade EXT? in other words If I get a grille used from someone with a 2005 EXT will it fit my regular 2002 Escalade?

As far as I know, the front of all the 02 - 06 Escalades whether they are Escalades, EXT, or ESV, they all have the same front end. The grille from a 2005 EXT should fit the 2002 Escalade perfectly. I would ask your local dealership or find out from others one the web to be sure, but I am pretty positive that it will fit with no problems.

Thanks.

Boombotz
02-13-06, 08:30 PM
Absolutely the same. Doesn't matter if it is a Lade, EXT, or ESV. The grill is the same from 02-06.

manny5700
02-14-06, 03:27 PM
Cool! thanks guys!

manny5700
02-16-06, 03:49 PM
Ok, so I went with the E&G Classic Verticle grille, now the question is, with or with out the Caddy emblem on the front? :bigroll:

jrs05caddyext
02-16-06, 03:53 PM
When I had my E&G grill I would switch it out once in a while depending on how I felt.

60 special
02-16-06, 04:11 PM
Strut = $2,000 for the grille, $500 for the felt lined box and $300 for some S emblems. What a deal!!!

Synergetic
02-16-06, 04:53 PM
Strut = $2,000 for the grille, $500 for the felt lined box and $300 for some S emblems. What a deal!!!

Felt lined box?
This is the grill i'm getting.

Sky High Ent.
02-16-06, 05:31 PM
for real , I saw the strut on the speed channel - unique whips
They put it on an 03 escalade. By far better than any grille I've seen .
Go to uniquewhips.com and go to the gallery, the escalade is on the 2nd page

manny5700
02-17-06, 01:20 PM
for real , I saw the strut on the speed channel - unique whips
They put it on an 03 escalade. By far better than any grille I've seen .
Go to uniquewhips.com and go to the gallery, the escalade is on the 2nd page

BLAH, I don't like that grill on that site at all! I'm happy with the E&G grille I just ordered. Everyone is entitled to an opinon.

manny5700
02-18-06, 01:11 PM
When I had my E&G grill I would switch it out once in a while depending on how I felt.

I haven"t gotten the grille yet, but is it that simple to put it on and take it off whenever one chooses?

Boombotz
02-18-06, 01:23 PM
yes very simply to swap grills. You should be able to swap them back and forth in under 10 minutes.

manny5700
02-18-06, 01:30 PM
yes very simply to swap grills. You should be able to swap them back and forth in under 10 minutes.

No, not the grille itself, the Caddy eblem on the grille. The grille only takes ten minutes or the eblem?

Boombotz
02-18-06, 01:40 PM
No, not the grille itself, the Caddy eblem on the grille. The grille only takes ten minutes or the eblem?

The grill itself takes 10 min., didn't realize you were talking about the Emblem on the E&G grill. I don't have a E&G grill but a similar setup I am sure. My Emblem has a black backround to it and is held onto the grill from plastic clips that can be accessed only with the hood up so it can't get stolen unless someone breaks it off. It takes me seconds to remove my emblem off the grill with the hood up to access the clips that snapped into place on the grill.

manny5700
02-18-06, 01:59 PM
The grill itself takes 10 min., didn't realize you were talking about the Emblem on the E&G grill. I don't have a E&G grill but a similar setup I am sure. My Emblem has a black backround to it and is held onto the grill from plastic clips that can be accessed only with the hood up so it can't get stolen unless someone breaks it off. It takes me seconds to remove my emblem off the grill with the hood up to access the clips that snapped into place on the grill.

ok, cool! But what do you think, by lookin at the pics I posted earlier? With or without the emblem?

Boombotz
02-18-06, 05:27 PM
Definitely with the Emblem.

manny5700
02-20-06, 01:16 PM
Definitely with the Emblem.

Yeah thats what I'm thinkin, or at least leaning towards. My buddy says leave it off cause the truck has the huge one on the back, but I'm like "thats the back, plus I gotta represent" LOL :thumbsup:

Nasty Black Lac
02-20-06, 09:58 PM
Definitely WITH.

manny5700
02-21-06, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna throw the emblem on. Looks complete with it

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-22-06, 09:19 AM
Looks like I am going to be bringing this post back up. Recently I was looking at my 2005 Escalade and noticed that my emblem has a crack in it. If you are looking at the front of the car, the top left red part of the Cadillac emblem has a small crack which looks like it was caused by a pebble coming up off the road or something. No plastic is missing, but there is just a small crack on it. Am I going to have to pay for a new emblem or should I just remove it and roll without the emblem on? I like to represent, just not with a cracked emblem. Keep in mind, I have a brand new E&G Classic Vertical Grille. I also have 22's. What do you think?

Thanks.

jrs05caddyext
02-22-06, 09:44 AM
I haven"t gotten the grille yet, but is it that simple to put it on and take it off whenever one chooses?

Very simple. Mine was held by to nuts that can only be accessible if you pop the hood.

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-22-06, 11:57 AM
Alright. I will take a look later today. I am going to see how much a new emblem is going to cost too.

Thanks.

jrs05caddyext
02-22-06, 12:01 PM
Alright. I will take a look later today. I am going to see how much a new emblem is going to cost too.

Thanks.

I have one. Iím not sure how the condition is but its sitting in my garage somewhere.

Boombotz
02-22-06, 07:59 PM

Thanks.

The cost is $65.00 for the front emblem and wreath that goes on the front grill.

Rolex
02-22-06, 09:22 PM
Definately with the emblem. I strongly dislike the grill without. JMHO

manny5700
02-23-06, 01:09 PM
Very simple. Mine was held by to nuts that can only be accessible if you pop the hood.

I'm looking at the instructions (yes I'm one of the few men in America that read them) and to me it looks like I should have a body shop put my E&G grille on. I just don't wanna mess anything up. :confused:

brandonbyrd
02-23-06, 03:10 PM
how mcuh is da grills

jrs05caddyext
02-24-06, 05:08 PM

Thanks.

http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=phot00694so.jpg

RobertJoseph17
02-24-06, 05:37 PM
I'm a big fan of the mesh grills. What do you guys think of them.

hornyjuan
02-24-06, 07:51 PM
The only mesh grille I like is the '06 Strut Grille. The other mesh grilles just look cheap. Strut looks solid...definetly worth the price IMO.

Synergetic
02-24-06, 08:49 PM
The only mesh grille I like is the '06 Strut Grille. The other mesh grilles just look cheap. Strut looks solid...definetly worth the price IMO.

I agree. Thats why i'm getting one.

hornyjuan
02-24-06, 08:51 PM
I agree. Thats why i'm getting one.

Are you keeping the black strut emblem? Looks so much classier than the old emblem...small, clean, sophisticated.

RobertJoseph17
02-24-06, 10:00 PM
Since I don't have such disposable income for a strut grille ( which I adore ), I was thinking about getting this grille, just looking for an opinion.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05-ESCALADE-EXT-ESV-HEAVY-DUAL-MESH-GRILL-GRILLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ8041 230316QQrdZ1

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-25-06, 01:07 AM
Well everyone, I just found out all the information about my E&G Classic Vertical Grille. Because my grille is so new from E&G, the type of emblem that is installed with the grille has updated as well. As you will notice, the older emblems for the E&G grilles' have black plastic pieces behind them. The newer grilles' have no plastic black pieces. That is the visual way to notice it, but what you don't see is that the newer grille emblems' are actually stuck on and not bolted on like the past model emblems'. Anyways, just wanted to point it out.

Thanks.

Synergetic
02-25-06, 08:43 AM
Are you keeping the black strut emblem? Looks so much classier than the old emblem...small, clean, sophisticated.

I'm not rockin' the Strut logo unless they want to give the product for free. I like the Cadillac emblem on the front. Don't you agree that looks better? :)

http://www.dmocentral.com/2/StrutAccessories/Images/04EscaladeStrutFView-Lg.jpg

The small logo at the bottom of the right mesh can stay though.

manny5700
02-25-06, 10:59 AM
Well everyone, I just found out all the information about my E&G Classic Vertical Grille. Because my grille is so new from E&G, the type of emblem that is installed with the grille has updated as well. As you will notice, the older emblems for the E&G grilles' have black plastic pieces behind them. The newer grilles' have no plastic black pieces. That is the visual way to notice it, but what you don't see is that the newer grille emblems' are actually stuck on and not bolted on like the past model emblems'. Anyways, just wanted to point it out.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I was wondering that stuff myself. I just picked up an E&G Verticle grille on ebay and was wondering wy some has the black behind the emblem and some didn't. I guess I got the older model which doesn't bother me cause they look the same, but I wonder if there is a way to mount the emblem without the black plate behind it? :confused: It just looks cleaner.

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-25-06, 04:37 PM
I'm not rockin' the Strut logo unless they want to give the product for free. I like the Cadillac emblem on the front. Don't you agree that looks better? :)

http://www.dmocentral.com/2/StrutAccessories/Images/04EscaladeStrutFView-Lg.jpg

The small logo at the bottom of the right mesh can stay though.

I agree with you completely. I would rather have the Cadillac emblem on my Escalade over the STRUT emblem, but I would still keep the emblem in the bottom right side. It looks nice in my opinion. The car you see in this picture must have been located at one of the dealerships near where I live. It is Ed Morse Cadillac which is located about 15 minutes from me. I find that pretty funny. By the way Bryan, how much are you getting the STRUT grille for?

Thanks.

hornyjuan
02-25-06, 10:13 PM
Ahh...I thought you were talking about the new '06 grille. When you get a chance take a look at it. All mesh grille, no chrome border insert. It has a small black strut emblem that looks clean. And I do agree with the caddi emblem, looks much better on my car than the big strut lug.

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-25-06, 10:19 PM
Just today I was driving to drop off my girlfriend when we passed a White Range Rover with a STRUT Grille and STRUT Vents on the sides. It looked really nice, but for the Range Rover, their is no emblem to replace the STRUT with. It looked so smooth and I fell in love with that car. Looked so insane. There's something about this company that looks good and I have no idea what it is. I am going to guess it is just such a good quality.

Thanks.

jordan00escalade
02-25-06, 10:31 PM
That grill looks better with the Caddy Emblem on it.. That is outstanding! You should try some of the chrome light covers that Botz has. Hey BOTZ I don't remember you posting any pictures, do you have any?

integline
02-26-06, 04:25 AM
Since I don't have such disposable income for a strut grille ( which I adore ), I was thinking about getting this grille, just looking for an opinion.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05-ESCALADE-EXT-ESV-HEAVY-DUAL-MESH-GRILL-GRILLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ8041 230316QQrdZ1

i am going to get that grille next month.

RobertJoseph17
02-26-06, 01:35 PM
Yeah I thought it looked like a nice one.

Synergetic
02-27-06, 04:08 AM
I agree with you completely. I would rather have the Cadillac emblem on my Escalade over the STRUT emblem, but I would still keep the emblem in the bottom right side. It looks nice in my opinion. The car you see in this picture must have been located at one of the dealerships near where I live. It is Ed Morse Cadillac which is located about 15 minutes from me. I find that pretty funny. By the way Bryan, how much are you getting the STRUT grille for?

Thanks.

I also have connections on Strut grilles. lol. :)

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-27-06, 08:40 AM

From now on, I am coming to you first before I purchase anything for my 2005. I am getting upset with myself that I didn't ask you about this stuff before I purchased my rims and my E&G Grille.

Thanks.

60 special
02-27-06, 04:03 PM

How much for the Escalade Strut?

Synergetic
02-28-06, 04:29 AM
How much for the Escalade Strut?

I'm not sure if I can get others deals on the grill and I believe the Strut grill with the Cadi emblem is just a swap of your emblem from your old grill to the new Strut grill...?

fast66
02-28-06, 04:58 AM
I'm not sure if I can get others deals on the grill and I believe the Strut grill with the Cadi emblem is just a swap of your emblem from your old grill to the new Strut grill...?

are they really made with better workmanship than eg classic? Im looking at them on ebay and they dont look like more time was put into them than any other companies.
any
These guys are making a huge profit, I bet you its like a 99.9% profit.

05 Cadillac Escalade
02-28-06, 07:13 PM
are they really made with better workmanship than eg classic? Im looking at them on ebay and they dont look like more time was put into them than any other companies.
any
These guys are making a huge profit, I bet you its like a 99.9% profit.

You might be right, but when I see a STRUT grille on an Escalade, it really makes your head turn. There is something about the STRUT that really catches you and I still don't know what it is. I will probably end up getting rid of my E&G Classic Vertical after a while and moving up to the STRUT.

Thanks.