: My new toy 06 R6

CRZY747
02-07-06, 09:16 PM
Just bought me a new bike 06 R6 Raven. Been wanting a bike forever and finanly did the deal. The 06 is what I got.. Here is what it will look like come tomorrow or Fri I will go and pick it up http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/CRZY747/005.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/CRZY747/004.jpg
Jet :devil:

Had to get black to match the V or course

Devil_concours
02-07-06, 09:19 PM
mmm raven black r6 my favorite

1MEANV
02-07-06, 09:22 PM
Nice But Should Have Gotten The Ltd R1

CRZY747
02-07-06, 09:26 PM
Ya I agree the R1 is very nice. But i will settle for the 600cc, it was more my speed. The R1 is a little much for me to handle. Very nice bikes and they had one on the floor were i bought this one.

Jet

Devil_concours
02-07-06, 09:28 PM
Nice But Should Have Gotten The Ltd R1
nah. R6 is my type of bike. More for the twistie :)

It's kinda like comparing SL55 AMG to SLK55 AMG.
SL55 AMG is sporty and quicker but SLK55 AMG is more nimble not as quick on the straight

DILLIGAF
02-07-06, 09:32 PM
V not have enough scare factor for you?My 17yr old keeps bugging me for bike.=NO.Very nice,hold on!!!!

CRZY747
02-07-06, 09:36 PM
V not have enough scare factor for you?My 17yr old keeps bugging me for bike.=NO.Very nice,hold on!!!!

LOL it is fast enought 468 RWHP on the 100shot.

Just have always wanted a R6.

kjr39
02-07-06, 09:53 PM
I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned that the red or gray one is faster? :P

Nice bike!

/planning on getting a bike this summer before I get TOO old.

thebigjimsho
02-07-06, 09:56 PM
Ahhhh, Yamaha ownz j00!:bouncy:

Florian
02-07-06, 11:54 PM
Anyone want a Harley? Got one I need to dish for my V project....PM if interested

F

ace996
02-07-06, 11:54 PM
Awesome bike, unbelieveable what the makers are doing with 600ccs these days. And the R6 is more bike than most will ever be able to use, you won't miss the R1. I have a Ducati996 and when I first started doing track-days, I found it too much motor, even now it's too much for anything but HUGE tracks...you'll become a better rider on a 600. When you're sliding BOTH tires going in and out of turns, then you can consider the 1000.

First thing to do(I'm sure you already bought the best helmet you could find), no joke and don't skimp, get a set of GOOD set of leathers that zip together (jacket/pants) or a one-piece suit (Vanson is TOPS). I'm sure it's hot in TX, and most people don't ride with more than the mesh jackets when it's hot, but consider how uncomfortable a skin-graft is.....now imagine having to scrub/scrape the scabs for months with a brush to make sure the scars don't harden and you lose plyability of your skin. AGAIN- ALWAYS WEAR FULL LEATHERS!!!!! I've gone down several times and the only reason I'm able to type this is because of my safety gear. My last down was at Pocono Raceway and I wore my leather jacket all the way through my left elbow/forearm and most of the plastic armor. It got a little hot from friction, but it's better than leaving with a stump. Again, because it can't be stressed enough, ALWAYS WEAR FULL LEATHERS.

Second, and this will make your street riding 500% safer....take a track-school. Safest place to find out why your bike was built. Go, stop, and turn harder than you'll ever do on the street....learn to trust your tires, so when you NEED to lean-over on the street to avoid someone or something in your path, you won't go into freeze-mode and dump-it. Also, most of my friends and especially me, after having done my first track-day had the "moment of clarity". The instant realization that no matter how hard I ever ride on the street, I'll never be able to skim the experience of the track....this slowed me down on the street, almost killed street-riding for me, as I knew it would only be play-riding....moto-masturbation. And there's something to be said when other riders see your heavily-worn knee pucks and your blue-tinted/overcooked tires that are heavily worn on the very edges...let them pull their wheelies and other silly stunts...you've danced with your bike on the floor for which it was born...THE TRACK!!!!
Trust me, and every other rider who's done a track-school, once you do it....you know....it's like walking into your first Cathedral....Ahhhh....and then you can't wait to get back. And all those guys who bought the 1000cc bikes won't be able to hang with you once the road stops being straight.

Save the mods on the bike until after your first track-school. You'll improve the most valuable component of riding...your brain, then you'll probably want to get better brake pads and more track days.

Third, go to the book store and buy Keith Code's books, TWIST OF THE WRIST, there's two...and then another that will make more sense after you've become a better rider. Perhaps this should be the second thing, but most don't listen anyway. These books will change the way you look at every corner, dip, bend, shift, brake, and throttle point you'll ever do. I make it my point to re-read these every Spring. What I learned in those books saved my ass more times than I care to remember...which brings me to number four.

Fourth, EVERYONE ON THE ROAD IS TRYING TO KILL YOU. Read that again. And again. They are all nice people and nobody is aware that they are trying to kill you, but they are. Ride in the left lane, because that's the safest. Go at least 10 mph faster than everyone else, because that's the safest. And remember that EVERYONE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU, you'll understand this sooner than you should....it sucks but its true.

Sorry for the preaching, but a friend of mine spent the better part of last Summer and Fall in the hospital because I didn't do a good enough job explaining the above. Half of him looks plastic...skin grafts will do that. And he'll always need at least a cane to make it to the bathroom. He's very lucky. A very lucky 27 year old. I should have done a better job trying to have him buy leathers, and take that track school,....he's having a tough time getting dates...I wonder why.

Again, sorry for the scare but hopefully you'll get something out of it. I rode my first bike at 12yrs old. I'm on my 3rd, and last bike, at 35. Too many miles on the street, too many laps around the track, too many races and too many days until the next track day!!!! Do it right and there's nothing that compares. Best of luck and keep the rubber down!

Volare senz ali!!! (To fly without wings!),
ace996

naiculnila
02-08-06, 07:41 AM
congrats on the new bike man! I have been lookin at one for a while now. Was really loving that Advertised 17,500 RPM redline.

After finding out it was a scam i kind of changed my mind...damn marketing people!!!

I'm looking into the RSV Mille ....same in Black!

Again congrats on the new bike and be safe man!

CRZY747
02-08-06, 09:29 AM
Yes I agree with you eveything you said ace. I will take the classes and will go to track days and learn what this bike will and wont do. As for wearing safty gear, you can bet on it that I will not get on this thing without haveing the leathers and gloves and good helmet on. I will pay the money to get the best and what will work. I will get the book you recommended also, thanks I understand you just looking out, believe me i am pretty hard on myself about being very serious before purchasing this bike.

thefly
02-08-06, 09:52 AM
sweet bike man. i wish i could have one, but i didn't like the riding position. someday i will ride one just to check it out. though i like liter bikes better, love the torque of the triple in my triumph.

02-08-06, 10:33 AM
Hello,

Great bike. We have a couple at work. I have an 04 600RR. Its a couple years old:

http://www.techvelocity.com/gtp/misc/RR.jpg

Aaron

When do you get to take off the training wheels?

urbanski
02-08-06, 11:55 AM
i should probably move this Jet....
don't hurt yourself :(

urbanski
02-08-06, 11:56 AM
When do you get to take off the training wheels?
ouch
lol
:cloud9:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-08-06, 12:45 PM
God the R6 is my best friend's dream bike!

Right now, hes got a 1982 Yamaha YZ550 or something like that. I don't remember exactly what it's called. All I know is that it's a Yamaha, 552 CC's, and it was only made for like 2 years so it's quite rare.

LittleB
02-08-06, 12:57 PM
Just bought me a new bike 06 R6 Raven. Been wanting a bike forever and finanly did the deal. The 06 is what I got.. Here is what it will look like come tomorrow or Fri I will go and pick it up http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/CRZY747/005.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/CRZY747/004.jpg
Jet :devil:

Had to get black to match the V or course

:jawdrop: That is the sexiest bike I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am in love :bouncy: :cloud9: :D

Kev
02-08-06, 01:47 PM
That's a purdy lil crotch rocket you've got there. Try and keep it right side up! :thumbsup:

:cycle:

Kev
02-08-06, 01:49 PM
:jawdrop: That is the sexiest bike I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I am in love :bouncy: :cloud9: :DYes, it looks good but a Harley might be more 'fulfilling' for you......

oops, did I just type that out loud?!

See kids, this is what comes from sleep deprivation.... :yawn:

LittleB
02-08-06, 02:03 PM
My man wants to buy a Harley...he has already done the street bike thing and says he will never buy another one again LOL...

What do you mean it would be more fulfilling?

Kev
02-08-06, 02:07 PM
Well...........

Kev
02-08-06, 02:07 PM
uh.......

Kev
02-08-06, 02:08 PM
Sounds to me like you've never taken a ride on an older Harley.......

LittleB
02-08-06, 02:53 PM
I think I am catching your drift....but I'm not sure if we are on the same page here LOL

Florian
02-08-06, 03:03 PM
My man wants to buy a Harley...he has already done the street bike thing and says he will never buy another one again LOL...

What do you mean it would be more fulfilling?
Have your man give me a PM and Ill set him up with a Harley. Got to get rid of one of mine so I can continue on the HP trail for my CTS-V....

F

urbanski
02-08-06, 03:03 PM
hahahah

CRZY747
02-08-06, 03:05 PM
yep I agree harley are fun, for the old and decreped. No thanks not me. If I was going to shop for a bike like that it would be a custom rod. Something like a nice 30-60K bike. Like a nice Iron Horse, which when I get to my late 40's and 50's then I will think about that kind of bike.

But at this point in my life, early 30's I will take a nice sports bike. That will go with my nice CTS-V with 468 RWHP.

But I guess to each his own.

Florian
02-08-06, 03:05 PM
the vibes that the Harleys give off, are enough to make Little B wiggle in the seat a bit....thats what they mean......harleys are notorious for keeping the gals happy....aka the 1550cc vibrator.

F

obzidian
02-08-06, 03:13 PM
you see, a harley is fun for the miss too.....

and women say that bikes are a waste!!

LittleB
02-08-06, 03:24 PM
Have your man give me a PM and Ill set him up with a Harley. Got to get rid of one of mine so I can continue on the HP trail for my CTS-V....

F

What year is it? Soft tail? Can you give me the basic info and a price and I will let him know? Also where are you located?

the vibes that the Harleys give off, are enough to make Little B wiggle in the seat a bit....thats what they mean......harleys are notorious for keeping the gals happy....aka the 1550cc vibrator.

F

Oooooohhhh Now I get it :yup: I like this Harley idea even more now :D :bouncy:

you see, a harley is fun for the miss too.....

and women say that bikes are a waste!!

Funny you mention that. Just last night my man and I were discussing how I must be the only woman in the world that doesn't tell their man "Absolutley not, kiss that thought goodbye!" when he wants to buy something. We go out with couples at least once a weak, and the guys always start talking about toys etc., and the other girls always say "No, I don't think so!" or "A bike? You must be crazy, that's a waste!" etc. I guess I am just special! :D Honestly, my man works hard, and makes good money. I think he deserves to reward himself that's all.