: car and driver comparo

SRT8/BMW
02-07-06, 02:06 PM
to E55 and M5. They say some really nice things, but it concerns me still about the handling (got beat around the track badly by a Charger SRT8, which is the same set up I have now. I don't want to go backwards).

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=10433

I like that they got it 0-60 in 4.6 and spoke very nicely about the interior..

andrew99eldorado
02-07-06, 03:00 PM
Isnt that a CLS55 they are comapring to the 2. And that car is quite a bit more money then the STSV.

SRT8/BMW
02-07-06, 04:14 PM
Isnt that a CLS55 they are comapring to the 2. And that car is quite a bit more money then the STSV.

It is the E55..and yes, is more $$$. They rated the V ahead too!

Dooman
02-07-06, 04:58 PM
It says CLS55 with E55 powertrain.. very nice!

"In any case, the two Germans are formidable: the Mercedes CLS55 AMG, with its potent E55 powertrain, and the latest BMW M5, generation four in a line that dates to 1984."

AznPrydeRegalRyde
02-14-06, 10:58 AM
Yeah, that sure isn't an E55. I mean, the CLS front looks very very different then the E55. Not to mention, half way down the page it lists the 3 vehicles in the comparison, one being the CLS55. Why would Mercedes send Car and Driver another E55 to test. They allready did a direct head to head with the M5 when it first came out and the M5 won. Even tho the AMG was quite bit quicker in a straight line.

I love the fact the STS-V came second. Little surprised actually, as both other competitors are very established in their respective fields. Can't wait to take the new V fora spin.

Devil_concours
02-21-06, 10:28 PM
Yeah, that sure isn't an E55. I mean, the CLS front looks very very different then the E55. Not to mention, half way down the page it lists the 3 vehicles in the comparison, one being the CLS55. Why would Mercedes send Car and Driver another E55 to test. They allready did a direct head to head with the M5 when it first came out and the M5 won. Even tho the AMG was quite bit quicker in a straight line.

I love the fact the STS-V came second. Little surprised actually, as both other competitors are very established in their respective fields. Can't wait to take the new V fora spin.
it's defintely a cls55 amg. I have the magazine right in front of me.