: Part of the club...Didn't think it would happen!

naiculnila
02-07-06, 01:53 PM
Just go word that a new differential is going in the V today.

It only took a few month and countless calls to Caddy and fighting with IDIOT service managers to finally find a dealer that realized it needed replacing.

I still got the speech about this DIFF would not break unless the car is driven hard!!!

I kept my mouth shut this time....as much as i wanted to let em have it :rant2:

Apparently a 400 Hp car, with Nurburgring tuned suspension, 14" brakes is meant to be driven like my great grandpas DeVille.

Mat347
02-07-06, 02:41 PM
Not to mention all of the V6 diffs that have broken as well.

Kadonny
02-07-06, 02:43 PM
Yeah, unfortunately the diffs do go. What symptoms did you have and did you take it to General Sales?

naiculnila
02-07-06, 03:41 PM
Yeah, unfortunately the diffs do go. What symptoms did you have and did you take it to General Sales?

Kadonny.....thanx for referring me to General Sales man. They are working on it as we speak. The symptoms were the usual loud clunking, the whine wasn't bad at all and had issues with switchin gears and such.

The one bad thing i learned though is that General Sales has the same Service Area Rep as Armen Cadillac. So i'm not sure how that will work out in the long run.

They did give me the lecture though about the diff braking because i drive the car hard. So i kept my mouth shut and will give them full info when i pick up the car

I have the Getrag specs for the our diff, NHTSA complaints that have been filed, and an internal communication confirming the CTS-V has the CTS diff.
I dont' wanna hear their mouths say sheit ever again about me abusing it when the problem is with the factory parts.

It really drives me up the wall that they market is as such a high performing vehicle and such, but when it comes to servicing it they expect it to be driven like a Metro.

Kadonny
02-08-06, 08:21 AM
Well, at least they are taking care of it for you. If I have any problems with my 06 you know I will be bringing down heat on my salesman if the service department even gives me a hint of trouble.

I am glad to hear that they are fixing your car. So the area service rep is a bastard? That sucks.

I acutally got a call yesterday that my 06 is in transit already. Only 2 weeks ago I ordered it.

So soon there will be at least 2 of us from this board that will be dealing with them, that should help. We should exchange numbers.

Kadonny
Ah, sorry for the repeat posts.

Kadonny
Dang, double post again.

naiculnila
02-08-06, 08:31 AM
It's not problem man.

I plan on taking some documentation in to the service guy that helped me just to make sure he is aware of the weak differential of the V as well as the number of complaints filed regarding the weak diff.

i hate it that the first thought in their heads is that i abuse the car. heck this is the one car that i haven't driven like it is meant to be driven.

i had a VW GTI that had no problems at all and i beat the balls off of it. Damn i miss that little car sometimes....

Kadonny
02-08-06, 08:33 AM
Yeah, well I certainly plan to drive this car the way it was meant to, and I'll see what happens.

Keep me updated.

Mikes V
02-08-06, 09:39 AM
What exactly is happening when they go out?

naiculnila
02-08-06, 10:06 AM
What exactly is happening when they go out?

It sounds like there is a little man in your differential hitting it with a sledgehammer everytime you switch gears or accelerate.

BANG BANG BANG BANG!

SoCadillac
02-08-06, 10:40 AM
It sounds like there is a little man in your differential hitting it with a sledgehammer everytime you switch gears or accelerate.

BANG BANG BANG BANG!
LOL...does little man expect a pension plan?

obzidian
02-08-06, 11:10 AM
wait, when you shift to a gear, any gear..... you feel a knock from the rear. Is that the symptom you are getting?

If so, that is exactly what happens in my V.

I have my 06 diff on order, should be here on friday, so i'll keep ya updated and see if it curses that knock in the rear.

I also have the GM bushings sqeeking which is rediculous!!

naiculnila
02-08-06, 11:29 AM
yes..in any gear i hear knock on acceleration sometimes deceleration and when i put it in gear..it is most noticeable in lower gears.

It appears the carrier assembly as the dealer put it has alot of play in it and so they are replacing the differential.

azombie
02-08-06, 04:56 PM
I just got my new #15793756 CARRIER part and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

THE "CLUNK" is GONE

took a day and a half to install it, Cerrone Caddy in S. Attleboro MA did a GREAT JOB this time, they have improved a lot since my last visit.

here is exactly how they worded it in the service report:

B: C/S REAR END NOISY***PARTS IN***
CAUSE: EXCESSIVE PLAY
DIFFERENTIAL REPLACE
15793756 CARRIER
89021677 LUBRICANT
1052358 LUBRICANT

just thought it was interesting that they used the exact same wording...

anyways...what a difference a differential makes!!

WooHoO!!

All my V problems are gone now....well...I still haven't figured out how to make enough money to keep this car past the warranty!

heavymetals
02-08-06, 05:18 PM
Take care of the guys who take care of your car.

urbanski
02-08-06, 05:22 PM
Take care of the guys who take care of your car.
yo heavy....see that's what I'm wondering....
i've never "tipped" my service guys before, and they're getting my car Friday for some things.
What do i do? Leave a 12 pack in the rear seat? Have a hooker back there? Seriously, what do you do?

heavymetals
02-08-06, 05:32 PM
Free beer seems to always make friends, just don't be real obvious about it:canttalk: and give it to them when you pick it up, not before they work on it!

The techs don't get paid enough for warranty work.:thehand:

Also, glowing survey results makes for good relations.:thumbsup:

If you think those things are not read or acted on, think again.

By the way Urbs, I just ordered all my valve springs and stuff for replacing.:eek:

I really am in mod hell.

naiculnila
02-08-06, 06:05 PM
well i got the same fix....new carrier lubricant, etc...

EXCEPT

i noticed another problem now...everytime i try to back up the, it pops out of reverse and starts grinding. WTF

do the problems not end on this damn thing!

kjr39
02-08-06, 06:48 PM

BANG BANG BANG BANG!

Hmmm, mine only did that sometimes...

I must have a little union guy in there...

CVP33
02-08-06, 07:06 PM
well i got the same fix....new carrier lubricant, etc...

EXCEPT

i noticed another problem now...everytime i try to back up the, it pops out of reverse and starts grinding. WTF

do the problems not end on this damn thing!

Been there. Don't let them rebuild it. It will only fail again. Demand the new 2006 unit and stand your ground.

urbanski
02-08-06, 07:12 PM
Also, glowing survey results makes for good relations.:thumbsup:

If you think those things are not read or acted on, think again.

By the way Urbs, I just ordered all my valve springs and stuff for replacing.:eek:

I really am in mod hell.
yeah you are in mod hell, i am in "try to save some money" phase now lol

those surveys....that come from Toledo. I replied to a few once from another dealer with STRONG complaints (ken batchelor, the devil incarnate), nobody once replied. Since them I toss em. hell with em.