: Hello All!

iNdy.j
02-07-06, 10:37 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I just registered today but have been a visitor for over a month now. I love this forum! As you all know or will find out I drive a 1990 5.0 V8 Brougham, RWD, carburated cadillac. I am a big fan of the car and it's an awesome ride!

I changed my own rotor, distributor cap, windshield wiper motor, heater control valve and on occasion I change my own oil and air filter. As you can see pretty minor stuff but it has saved me some ching and I enjoyed fixing it. I had the tranny rebuilt and the plugs and wires put in by someone else not to long ago. It has 118k on it and I just got my first check engine light. I am taking it in tomorrow to find out what is wrong with it exactly.

I bought the Hayes manual for my car and personally it has helped me out a lot. I have seen on here that some are not fans of it. But for me, well I just had to read it right. Anyways, I will help all I can, when I can. I don't imagine posting much, but I will where I think I can help. Cya around guys!

N0DIH
02-07-06, 12:22 PM
Welcome!!! Best recommendation, get a factory service manual from www.helm-inc.com (http://www.helm-inc.com). that book is invaluble. The Haynes books are like a comic book in comparisson.

Sometime Helm has sales on older stuff, or you can often find dealers at swap meets that have them. the Jefferson County swap meet is the biggest in the midwest is coming up in May and there is a guy there that has them used, I got my 96 Burb books (2) for $35. WELL worth it.

Great to hear you are working on your own ride, it is well worth learning these cars and enjoying them, they are great cars.