: What's the hot poop on the GC spring kit!

Geno
02-07-06, 08:24 AM
OK...I've been waiting patiently and no word on the Ground Control Suspension kit. Wasn't the kit suspose to be available Jan 30.:suspect:

I've written two memos in their customer feedback, and nary a word.

Hell, I even told them that I'd pay full price and still no reply. :mad:

I neeeeedddd it noowwww!:alchi: Don't make me beg!

moldowan
02-07-06, 08:48 AM
i don't even see anything on the web page?
is it a coil over setup???

Geno
02-07-06, 09:35 AM
It's just not fair that Dreamin has this....

http://www.geocities.com/zeemr@sbcglobal.net/GCf5.jpg

And I don't!!!:bighead:

thebigjimsho
02-07-06, 06:02 PM
Geno = mlg ???:banghead:

DeputyDog
02-07-06, 07:32 PM
called GC yesterday and was told hopefully 2 more weeks. I didn't ask what the hold up was.

rgd
02-07-06, 07:49 PM
called GC yesterday and was told hopefully 2 more weeks. I didn't ask what the hold up was.

They are waiting on springs!

moldowan
02-07-06, 11:10 PM
i have to ask this dumb question;
The GC kit is a coilover so with coilovers do you replace the springs as well?
Will this set up be BETTER than the fg2 shock setup??? In terms of handling and ride etc... are they stiffer and adjustable??? finally how much are they supposed to be?
After the hotchkiss sways I really am onboard with suspension mod's....I think i enjoy the handling mods more than the engine mods-LOL
Thanks,
Moldy

04CTSVFLA
02-08-06, 01:15 AM
they told me on jan 28th i believe....that it would be 2 weeks WTF is the deal.....first h&r and now GC

moldowan
02-08-06, 04:06 AM
I don't find it hard to believe that when a company says a product will be avail. @ */**/** that it usually will be postponed for many months. Heck the hochkiss bars were something like 6 month out from the original due date. Luckily i was one of the 1st to place and order and WAIT but i got it 1st and I believe there a wait now.

rgd
02-08-06, 06:17 AM
i have to ask this dumb question;
The GC kit is a coilover so with coilovers do you replace the springs as well?
Will this set up be BETTER than the fg2 shock setup??? In terms of handling and ride etc... are they stiffer and adjustable??? finally how much are they supposed to be?
After the hotchkiss sways I really am onboard with suspension mod's....I think i enjoy the handling mods more than the engine mods-LOL
Thanks,
Moldy

With this kit you replace the springs. This set up goes along with which ever shock you have. If you have the FG2 shocks you can use a stiffer spring than the stock shock and get better performance than stock. You will also get better performance than the stock setup even if you use the stock shocks (stiffer springs-lower ride). They are height adjustable, and; you must have an adjustable shock to adjust the compression and rebound. (QA1 shocks are adjustable)
I agree, suspension first, then engine mods!
MY 2 cents...
Bob

moldowan
02-08-06, 04:54 PM
ok i guess i don't fully understand what a coilover is.
A coilover is a spring with a shock inside of it???
so a coilover replaces the springs and you can if you want keep the stock shocks?
If you keep the fg2 then you cannot lower it because it is a self-leveling one with out using one of our members kit for the nivomats.
-Moldy

Dreamin
02-08-06, 06:04 PM
The term 'coilover' is sometimes missused... while it should mean the springs are coiled-over the shocks... there are many coilover kits, where the spring is not over the shock... but it's still a fixed-diameter race spring, on an adjustable perch (giving all the benefits of a coilover kit, without the spring actually being mount on the shock).

For the GC kit, the front is a coil-over design, for the rear, the new spring sits where the stock spring sits.

All four corners get 2.5" race eibach springs, available in whatever spring rate you want; and all four corners are height adjustable.

For shocks, stock shocks are used (FE4s or FG2)... For the load-leveling deal, where the springs are located doesn't matter... meaning the rear could have the springs coiled-over the shocks, and our rear shocks would still 'load-level' themselves.

When I originally talked to GC, they were going to make a new top-mount for the rear shock to defeat the load-levvling... otherwise, you would need WW's solution.

See pics of front and rear here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60824

VELOSE
02-08-06, 07:46 PM
Man..............I'm tired of looking at my 4x4 V. My 20" wheels won't look good on my car until I can effectively lower at least the rear.

GC, if you are reading this, get your kit done this month. This would be a great wedding anniversary gift from the wife. :D

moldowan
02-08-06, 08:36 PM
Damn Dreamin!!!!!!!!!!!
That looks bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder why i missed the original thread when it came out?

-Moldy

thebigjimsho
02-11-09, 02:42 AM
he said p00p!