Cadillac Owners Forum banner

heat exchanger cooling system help

919 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  theotherguyssn 
#1 ·
so got the car up and been doing some logs with the help of tim c and his tune went out last night did some pulls vs a gto car ran excellent. main problem i had was it puking coolant out the overflow tank anybody else had this problem? knew i had an air pocket in it last weekend we discovered while tuning the car so got it fixed bled the hell out of. iat temp is round like 73 degrees and iat2 is around like 110 all while temperature outside this morning while just driving the car was 45-50 degrees. still running just a stock bosch pump have tim c's lower pulley throttle body injectors, heat exchanger and spectre intake. just not sure if charger got hot during the pulls caused it or actually a problem. car is recovering fast while logging and watching iat 2 temps once it heats up cools down quickly while driving which is why i don't think i have air pocket. any help would be appreciated also watching mat values they go up over 230degrees in matter of seconds during a wot, which is causing drop in timing and boost all confusing the hell out of me lol

#2 ·
Hey - I wanted to chime in with some details from the logs as I've been helping dial in the car. TimC has been extremely helpful and responsive, but I felt this falls outside of a remote tune so here we are.

Ambient was around 50 this morning and IAT's 66 while we're moving. IAT2 104 as is MAT. This is under normal driving.

At the end of the WOT pull, IAT's dropped to 55, IAT2 190 and MAT 262. ECT was 192.

Pull was 0-109 in 13 seconds with lots of spinning from a dig. We tweaked shift points so he didn't hit limiter on 1-2.

Do these temps sound normal?? I'm familiar with the CTSV and I never see temps like this and with his HX system overflowing last night I keep thinking something is up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.