: Baby-V is baaaaaaaack!

Seattle CTS-V
02-06-06, 08:49 PM
I was in my basement sanding drywall this afternoon just thinking about how much it really sucks ass when all of a sudden my cell phone rang. It was Cadillac and my car was done!!!

I quickly showered as I didn't want Baby-V to see me looking like I just dumped a bag of flour on my head. I ran down to see her getting washed. I asked to pop the hood even before they could finish washing her and I almost fell over backwards when I saw Maggie in all of her glory.:cloud9:

I let them finish cleaning her and calmly took posession of my keys. I sat in the car but didn't start her up yet. I positioned the seats, mirrors and took a deep breath. I turned the ignition and she fired right up. Hmmm. Didn't seem too different.

I played with the new clutch a little and noticed right away that it felt waaaaay different. The TSB-replaced clutch felt very smooth and no longer "poppy" like it used to. Nice, I thought.

I put the UUC shifter into 1st and started to let the clutch out. Hmmm. Even better, the engagement point is closer to the floor. Nicex2.

I pressed the gas slightly and coasted out of the parking lot. Still not too noisey. I got out onto the main road and pressed the gas a little harder. Whiiiiinnnneeee. OMG, I was instantly in love!!! Nicex3.

I must have drove around town for 1/2 hour just holding gears a little longer than needed just to hear Maggie scream. Nicex4.

Other benefits I noticed in my short little driving experience. The clunk is completely gone. I had the BMR pinion brace installed. I only dropped the clutch once but I had absolutely no wheel hop whatsoever through 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I had the KARS stage 3 kit installed. I also noticed the rearend wasn't whining. I had a new '06 rear diff installed. Nicex5,6 and 7!!!

I'm gonna wait until later tonight to drive her again. Too much traffic out right now. I am sooooo in love with the V. Man is she sweet. I'll probalby drive like this for a while just to get used to the added power and then I'll be giving StealthV a call!!

CIWS
02-06-06, 08:55 PM
That's great man, glad you have your V back and I bet you'll burn a tank of gas just tonight ;)

GT04CTS-V
02-06-06, 09:09 PM
Doesn't the Maggie sound great with the Magnaflow? :cool2:

Wait till you get the Stealth tune. OMFG :bouncy:

rand49er
02-06-06, 09:14 PM
I am so-o-o jealous :worship: . I would LOVE a maggie!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I loved your description.:highfive:

heavymetals
02-06-06, 09:24 PM
Doesn't the Maggie sound great with the Magnaflow? :cool2:

Wait till you get the Stealth tune. OMFG :bouncy:

I had the "backfire and burble" turned off.

It sounds neat with the maggie.

How do you like owning your own Six Flags ride?

austin
02-06-06, 09:46 PM
Was this the issue you had,

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/05-07-31-001.pdf

Also... Am i reading this right, the TSB says for a 2005 CTS-V, why wouldn't this also apply to all 2004's as well. They do not mention the 2004 in the title. Is their a differance in the clutch build from 2004-2005.

Seattle CTS-V
02-06-06, 10:21 PM
Was this the issue you had,

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/05-07-31-001.pdf

Also... Am i reading this right, the TSB says for a 2005 CTS-V, why wouldn't this also apply to all 2004's as well. They do not mention the 2004 in the title. Is their a differance in the clutch build from 2004-2005.

Yep, that's it. It is a very strange feeling when your clutch pedal is being 'sucked' to the floor.

wildwhl
02-06-06, 10:31 PM
Remember - that's a new diff in there. Break-in procedure?

The maggie is addicting...and Rick is working on a revised tune for me right now. Man, that guy does good work :thumbup:

WW

austin
02-06-06, 10:38 PM
Thanks,

Looks like you got some M5 hunting to do!! :)

Seattle CTS-V
02-07-06, 12:04 AM
Remember - that's a new diff in there. Break-in procedure?

The maggie is addicting...and Rick is working on a revised tune for me right now. Man, that guy does good work :thumbup:

WW

I'm going to try and be good for the next 450 miles.

Here is a picture I just took:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/IMG_1886.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/IMG_1884.jpg

I got some Corvette LS6 covers from another forum member. Has anyone with a Maggie made adjustments to them so they'll fit??

Dennisscars
02-07-06, 12:16 AM
Isn't the whine pedal great?

Couple of thoughts I learned from my install.

rotate the clamps at the Throttle body, they will rub your hood liner.

Throw away the straight hose from the air cleaner box. Mine would pull off under high torque bimmer spankin'. you'll need a hump hose that allows for movement.
http://www.turbohoses.com/Hump.htm

Make sure the stainless braid hose is nowhere near any rubber, it will rub through in a heart beat.

Make sure all hoses that run across the back are far away from the back pulleys.

Put some spare fuses in the trunk for the fuel boost along with an extra belt and the correct belt routing diagram. I wonder if yours came with the "new improved" one.

What is that box between the battery and the fuse box? Didn't they put the fuel boost in the trunk?

heavymetals
02-07-06, 01:06 AM
Looks bitchin!

Wait till you see the looks on the faces of the guys when you take it in for an oil change! :eek: :thumbsup:

Seattle CTS-V
02-07-06, 01:17 AM
Isn't the whine pedal great?

Couple of thoughts I learned from my install.

rotate the clamps at the Throttle body, they will rub your hood liner.

Throw away the straight hose from the air cleaner box. Mine would pull off under high torque bimmer spankin'. you'll need a hump hose that allows for movement.
http://www.turbohoses.com/Hump.htm

Make sure the stainless braid hose is nowhere near any rubber, it will rub through in a heart beat.

Make sure all hoses that run across the back are far away from the back pulleys.

Put some spare fuses in the trunk for the fuel boost along with an extra belt and the correct belt routing diagram. I wonder if yours came with the "new improved" one.

What is that box between the battery and the fuse box? Didn't they put the fuel boost in the trunk?

The box is the Magnavolt for boosting the fuel pump. Was is supposed to go in the trunk?

Luna.
02-07-06, 01:23 AM
The box is the Magnavolt for boosting the fuel pump. Was is supposed to go in the trunk?

No--it's correct at it sits. This is a fairly new change--about Aug'05 ish or so if memory serves.

Dennisscars
02-07-06, 01:41 AM
oh, Mine's in the trunk, guess it's less wire etc. . doesn't it get hot under the hood or does it care?

Seattle CTS-V
02-07-06, 03:45 AM
I got some Corvette LS6 covers from another forum member. Has anyone with a Maggie made adjustments to them so they'll fit??

CTSV05
02-07-06, 09:16 AM
Enough of the blower already!!...............

We want to here about how wonderful the kit works!!

LOL...glad shes back, and have fun with her and her new power!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we had the clutch thing.....it sukked very dangerous.

Seattle CTS-V
02-07-06, 02:31 PM
Enough of the blower already!!...............

We want to here about how wonderful the kit works!!

LOL...glad shes back, and have fun with her and her new power!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we had the clutch thing.....it sukked very dangerous.

I haven't wanted to really get into it from a stop much...gonna try to break in the new diff. a little first.

From what I can tell so far though the KARS stage 3 kit is working just as advertised. This morning I broke traction in 1st and 2nd and the car was just spinning tires w/o an ounce of hop. As a result of decreased hop, the car also stays straight when traction breaks. Before, the hop would aid my backend in kicking out to the right. Dangerous. I also feel like I've got a new swaybar back there. The guy that installed it took one look at it and said 'damn, that things beefy.' He was very impressed.

keeksv
02-07-06, 02:50 PM
No--it's correct at it sits. This is a fairly new change--about Aug'05 ish or so if memory serves.

Luna:

Do you know where the booster fuse is in this setup? Is there one?

CTSV05
02-07-06, 05:48 PM
:bouncy: :yup: :D :spin: :banana:

V-Sting
02-16-06, 03:13 AM
Hey Seattle, which dealership did the work? I need the same done to my '05.
Thanks.