: help please

crypto_coyle79
02-06-06, 05:41 PM
I have a quick ?.
I have a 05 with about 15000 miles and it started making a "whack thud" sound when shifting comming from the back. It used to do it at low speeds( like in a parking lot) and the dealer said that was the norm but now it does it at any speed even if you leave it in gear take you foot off the gas then reapply it will make the sound at 70mph( also 01-130mph ) it sounds like my car is falling apart. I have read on here looking for help for this and many many many more problems but I'm clueless about this noise. It's sounds like it might be my diff but there is no whine at any speeds, unless it has always been there and I'm used to it. Is the whack thud sound helpless, I would do what ever it took to fix it- flywheel, diff what ever. also any one need a stock muffler in the DC area. you have a truck you have a muffler

crypto_coyle79
02-06-06, 07:24 PM
anybody...anybody is this my diff going bad?

heavymetals
02-06-06, 08:33 PM
Get the car up on a lift and see if you can see if you have a bushing out of place.

Rotate the drive shaft and check play.

Cradle bolts might be in need of re-torque.

Is the diff housing wet?

crypto_coyle79
02-06-06, 08:55 PM
Get the car up on a lift and see if you can see if you have a bushing out of place.

Rotate the drive shaft and check play.

Cradle bolts might be in need of re-torque.

Is the diff housing wet?

thank you I give it all a check I just needed a place to start.

CVP33
02-06-06, 09:17 PM
The front mount bushing to the differential is what maintains your pinion angle. Wheel hop detroys the bushing, a flexing pinion angle ruins your differential. I suggest that everyone check that bushing regularly.