: SOCAL CTS and CTS-v meet: Sunday, February 19, 2006 11am

ctsvett
02-06-06, 01:13 PM
In our grand attempt to get everyone together and have a great time talking about CTS’s and CTS-V’s (no fighting!), we have decided to have a gathering on Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 11:00 at dromo1 (www.dromo1.com). Dromo1 is an indoor go-kart racing track for adults (in age, not maturity).

Dromo1 is located at:
1431 North Main Street
Orange, CA 92867

We will be gathering in the parking lot at about 11:00 am and spend some time talking about cars, showing off mods, etc. There is food located across the street (Chili’s, King fish and a coffee shop) which we can walk over to if we get hungry (or thirsty).

People will be welcome to race at dromo1 at will (grudge matches are ok) at a cost of $25 / race (see the website for more information- they take this racing seriously). George is handling the racing coordination...

I will send out a reminder the Friday before the event to this e-mail address…

NOTE: In the case of rain, we will cancel the event (nobody wants to stand in the rain and talk about cars). This information will be provided in a reminder e-mail/post a few days before.

I hope to see you all there. We can get a ton of pictures and make everyone in the rest of the country jealous!

Reed

P.S. For those who are headed south on the 405, I will be leaving from the Inglewood offramp (in-n-out burger parking lot) at about 10:35 ish. If you are headed by, stop in and we can caravan. E-mail me so we wait for you (within reason).

ctsvett
02-12-06, 02:42 PM
Just a reminder that this is still on for next week... reply to this thread if you plan to attend (so we get the general idea of how many people are going to come out)...

Remember to call Dromo1 and make a reservation if you want to race so you dont have to sit around and wait...

weather so far looks good (0% chance of rain on the 10 day, and sunny)...

Now, if I can only get my car back from the dealer in time...

Reed

heavymetals
02-12-06, 02:45 PM
I will attend.

No carting though.

ochaole
02-12-06, 03:16 PM
i will be there.....

Ziplicon Tuesday
02-12-06, 03:21 PM
Damn, how come there's never anything like this in the mid-Alantic region....

Luna.
02-12-06, 03:22 PM
I still plan on being there. It's possible I could end up elsewhere, but the meet is still the leading contender...:cool:

roadracerx72
02-12-06, 03:51 PM
I will be there, I took the day off. And I will be racing carts also. (1:45 & 2:15) Then I will probably need a couple beers at Chili's. :alchi:

livingthedream
02-12-06, 08:56 PM
Be there be square.... count me in.

livingthedream
turn the key and smile.:crybaby:

FastCTS
02-13-06, 11:56 PM
I will get there as FAST as I can. So far my GPS max speed is locked in at 103 MPH.:burn:

Barak
02-14-06, 03:19 AM
I'll be there.

VELOSE
02-14-06, 06:07 PM
I'm planning to be there as well. I won't kart either.

I was checking out the forecast for this weekend's weather and it looks like there's a chance of rain. I really hope not. http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/weekend.html?locid=USCA0808&from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Luna, we're supposed to caravan up to the meet. I'll call you on Saturday to confirm. Scratch your other plans.

SoCadillac
02-14-06, 09:47 PM
I am unable to attend as my wife and I are heading out for our 18th wedding anniversary. Can those who attend please take lots of photographs of damn near everything to show us who were unable to attend? It will greatly appreciated.

heavymetals
02-14-06, 10:08 PM
Are you both going to the same place? :histeric:

SoCadillac
02-14-06, 10:12 PM
Are you both going to the same place? :histeric:
Too much...of course, I need her to pay the bills.

SoCadillac
02-14-06, 10:20 PM
I believe that the CTS/CTS-V group has just been upscaled by the XLR group!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61956

Ishminder
02-15-06, 03:09 PM
I should be there, but only for a little bit. Probably no time for go-kart racing

ctsvett
02-16-06, 01:52 AM
Its looking like rain is less likely on sunday now... There are still showers possible... how does everyone feel about this?

I am still fine to head out there even if there is a chance of showers...

thoughts?

Reed

heavymetals
02-16-06, 02:05 AM
I am gonna let the weather rule the day.

If it rains, I still may go, but it will depend on how much of it, if any.

That sound wishy washy enough?

blackonblackonblack
02-16-06, 03:14 AM
http://www.dromoone.com/

It is really fun. If you have not done this before, you must try it.

That is just down the street from my school, so I'll be there.

VELOSE
02-16-06, 01:32 PM
I'm going to be there rain or shine. I am not going all the way down to San Diego and coming home empty handed. Eventhough I'm down there for pleasure with the family, you guys should show up. I'll be your first Norcal member to come. It'll be good to meet you guys and "Bigfoot". :histeric:

I'm having one more mod done before I go this weekend. I'm having the WW mod done in back. Can't wait to see what it'll look like in a couple of hours.

Ishminder
02-16-06, 02:17 PM
Forget rain or shine, I need my car first to go. I just hope the dealership finishes doing their stuff before Saturday! Don't want to miss this event!

ctsvett
02-16-06, 02:38 PM
OK... THIS IS ON... Showers are possible, but I will be there showers or not...

We can still make everyone else jealous..

Reed

VELOSE
02-16-06, 02:41 PM
Exactly......................:thumbsup:

SoCalV
02-17-06, 10:32 AM
I'm in rain or shine. But it looks like shine. The go kart track is covered and so is the lunch spot so we can still hang out. www.dromo1.com (http://www.dromo1.com) is ready for us and the gate for the side parking lot will be open for us at 10 AM for our 11 arrival. Today's the day to make your reservations there if you are going to race the karts. I'm in for 1:45 and 2:15. see you all there!:thumbsup:

heavymetals
02-17-06, 02:30 PM
A friend of mine may join in.

He has a black & blown Z06.

At least he has the same motor. :thumbsup:

Rikmyster
02-17-06, 04:54 PM
I will get there as FAST as I can. So far my GPS max speed is locked in at 103 MPH.:burn:MAN, that's slow. you must be driving a black one

Rikmyster
02-17-06, 04:55 PM
I am going to try to make it. MY VEE is in the shop again ... but I'm planning on making it

SoCalV
02-17-06, 06:31 PM
Reservations Glich......I just found out they have a new reservation policy at Dromo 1. They need a minimum of 4 races to make a reservation. 2 races X 2 guys makes it but you will need to hook up with someone on a single credit card. Worst case is you can check the schedule when you get there around 11 AM and sign up in an available time slot for after lunch. Chances are fairly reasonable that you can still get a slot to drive. Hopefully it's not jammed though because I have seen it that way before with a bunch of standing around. Anyway see you all there for some tire kicking and whatever fun we can have! :thumbsup:

ctsvett
02-18-06, 09:55 PM
This is still a GO.. I will be there, I dont want to be there alone...

See everyone there (whether racing or not)...

I spoke with george and he has a few reservations. If not, we can put our name in, talk cars for a while, eat and then race.

Reed

ILoveMyV
02-18-06, 11:21 PM
I'll be there in my new 2006 V with absolutely no mods, and only 300 miles.

VELOSE
02-18-06, 11:50 PM
I'll be going there for about an hour then, I have to leave. So lets make that hour count fellas. Wife is starting to get some discomfort being 7-8mos pregnant.

On the way to San Diego, we got caught with some snow flurries. I was worried about rain on this trip because these Nitto Extremes don't seem comfortable in it. Instead of rain we find snow flurries at the top of the grapevine, too funny.

Luna, sorry I didn't call you yesterday when I got here. We left at 10am from Tracy and arrived in San Diego at 6pm. We only made one restroom stop and another to fill up right before climbing the grapevine. We arrived tired in San Diego with the traffic that started from Magic Mountain all the way to about 50 miles from San Diego. I don't know how you SOCAL residents live with this much traffic. Maybe it was the holiday weekend but, DAMMMMMMMN!:rant2:

In the bay area, you can find traffic for 5 miles stuck bumper to bumper tops. My experience on Friday was for about 20 miles continous at one point. Anyhow, awesome roomservice and an empty mini-bar at the end of the night really helped me forget.:alchi:

SoCalV
02-18-06, 11:53 PM
Looks like "shine" to me for tomorrow. Just got to hope for an open car wash on the way over there in case Reed decides to wash his V.......

Haven't seen an '06 V yet. Looking forward to that.

Just some advice to ILoveMyV. Absolutely DO NOT, under any circumstances "ride or drive" a fellow V owners maggie equiped V at our Sunday meet. You will first loose considerable sleep and then undefined amounts of cash out of pocket! I have personally witnessed several episodes of this behavior in the last year since we have been meeting. I keep a 15' distance from any maggie and I lock my wallet in the trunk for aditional protection. Proceed at your own risk. :duck:

SoCalV
02-19-06, 12:37 PM
All you guys inland, the sun has broken through at the beach and it's headed your way! Don't wuss out......see you at Dromo 1 :thepan:

BadCad
02-19-06, 06:33 PM
Was there - nice turnout... not too many non-V's though. Where were you guys?

heavymetals
02-19-06, 06:56 PM
A new record!
12 V's and 1 CTS, plus one other V that doesn't count (he just happened to be in the lot).

ILoveMyV
02-19-06, 07:40 PM
A new record!
12 V's and 1 CTS, plus one other V that doesn't count (he just happened to be in the lot).

Yeap, it was very nice meeting fellow V owners, and especially getting to ride in a s/c V. The weather was nice, which made the drive very enjoyable. :)

It would be nice to find out who that mystery V owner is. :)

ctsvett
02-19-06, 08:03 PM
By my count we had 12-13 initially, then ILOVEMYV came along with Madmike when we came out from Chili's...

I have to apologize to you guys. I was running to make my race at dromo1. Lots of paperwork before you can race I guess. I wish you had stuck around, but I dont blame you.

So here was the list (15 total):

Ctsvett
SocalV
Heavymetals
Barak
Gags-v
Roadracerx2- Robert (and family)
OCHaole (SP?)
Lawfive
Velose (with family)
Rikmyster
Badcad
Stephan P
Koop

MadMike
ILOVEMYV
TonyA (CTS)

MIA: Luna, Ishmider, Marty F, Outlaw, John P , l sahchez, WickedV, 3rd street

Attached is a picture of the inital lot (and not with all the cars- they would not fit in the picture- hee hee)

http://www.clubcts.com/posttemp/vmeet-2-06.jpg

Again, it was fun meeting up with everyone.

NEXT meet: We are thinking for the next meeting in a few months, we will get together at Barak's shop (if available) in ontario and do a modfest where we can help people do mods (ipod, brackets, air intakes, etc) or just stand around and shoot the poop which is always fun. We met up there for the last modfest and it was really fun to throw some cars up on the lift and compare exahusts (and find dealer mistakes on GAGS-V's car)

Again it was fun this time!

Reed
P.S. George, I will catch you next time at Dromo1!

ctsvett
02-19-06, 08:14 PM
I would also like to point out that a few of those who showed up brought the family, pregnant wives (7 months?) and new babies (2 months right?)... Thats dedication in a spouse/ Family (regadless of whether it was their choice or not). My hats off to those ladies and family members.

Young V owners in training.

P.S. Print this and take this to them to let them know we appreciate showing up- that way, they will let you come out next time!

Reed

VelieVer ttt
02-19-06, 09:48 PM
Veliever ttt was there in afernoon with wife and kid also. Showed up just before ILoveMyV

SoCalV
02-19-06, 10:25 PM
Hey, great event! Good turn out in spite of some clouds threatening. I don't know what happened to that blown Z06 that met us to caravan.....maybe he coudn't keep up? NOT...... It's hard not to laugh leading a freight train of Vs down the freeway at slightly over the speed limit.
Great to see everybody. People from Riverside, Palmdale, Ontario, the Beach Cities and in transit from San Diego to Tracy, CA. Even a kid with Barak (they're all kids to me) that has enough sense to buy a '99 LS1 notch back Vette (precursor to the Z06) instead of some rice burner with no torque. Pretty fast on the track too.
Speaking of track. Do not take a bet with Reed on going around the track. Goes the same with Roadracerx72 and his son. His son Riley stepped up for a 2nd in the first round only to be taken out by Reed by a few tenths in the second round. Roadracer's wife was sub 30 seconds! I think there's some driving in her past. Huummm.....?
Thanks to Reed for popping my dash out (scary) and installing the ProClip to hold my Treo. Too cool. Can't wait for the next meet and do and see some more mods. V Rules! :worship:

ochaole
02-19-06, 10:42 PM
nice job Reed on the organization,, and you were close on my little one's age, but she is only 3 weeks old and still made it..my little trooper...sorry i had to leave early but mama had to feed....see you all next one and drive home safely with the family Velose''''''(nice rims).......

ctsvett
02-20-06, 12:52 AM
My bad.. Sorry I knew it was 3 something... Again, Your wife is amazing for coming out at all...

See you guys next time I hope.

Reed

Koooop
02-20-06, 01:00 AM
My bad.. Sorry I knew it was 3 something... Again, Your wife is amazing for coming out at all...

See you guys next time I hope.

Reed

Nice pic, I can't believe you got all those names right (or even close to right). It was good to put some faces with the screen names even if I can't match all of your faces to the names. Give me some time, lots of time!

I got to drool on several supercharged cars (I hate you guys) and lots of other mods.

Bob

VELOSE
02-20-06, 02:00 PM
I'm here guys, I made it. :D

I had a great time as well. I was getting a little worried when I showed up at 10:50am and didn't see anyone there. I thought I might have had the time down wrong. I was only sitting there for a few minutes when I hear this roar, I turnaround and there's about 4 of you guys pulling up.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you guys. I could finally put a face with a username. Like I said at the meet, next time I come, I'll come solo. That way I can hangout and spend more time with you guys. I really wished I could stick around and do some kart racing. I want to see how different it is compared to being on a track with an actual car.

I took 57 south, 22 west, 405 north, and then 101 north to avoid the news of I-5 being closed due to snow. I saw a few clouds with rain twice for about 1 mile each. Other than that, it was sunny and clear on 101. I'm actually glad I went on 101. There wasn't too many motorists on it. It made for a fun drive home.

I'll try to make it down and meet up with you guys in a few months. I won't be coming down because I want to hangout with you guys, I just like driving the V. :D

Reed, I let the wife read your post, she says she had a great time and thanks for recognizing her efforts. :D

SoCadillac
02-20-06, 02:30 PM
Damn, damn, damn...when's the next date? 18th wedding anniversary going well, but heading out again today to further celebrate.

Rikmyster
02-20-06, 08:37 PM
yes, it was a great time. Looking forward to the next one.

VELOSE
02-21-06, 12:35 AM
Here's my contribution of the one pic I took because I was too busy trying to talk to everyone before I left.:D

http://images16.fotki.com/v270/photos/1/197993/2782123/IMG_2188-vi.jpg

SoCalV
02-21-06, 12:36 AM
Fellow V's,

That was a great time for sure!

I want to start lobbying NOW for one of our coming events where we can drive the cars a little closer to the limit in a controled situation.

I'll go to work on it if there's any interest and see what I can come up with. I think some minimum instruction would be beneficial for everyone with some "lead follow" included. It always helps me, even if it's a refresher.

If you haven't had your car on a track in a "non competetive" situation just to air it out a little, get it sideways and load it up in a turn drifting.......you are missing the point of the V badge. All that work GM did at Nurburgring dialng this thing in will go to waste.

If you guys think these are great in a straight line and they are real decent, the V really belongs on a "road course". It will make you safer on the street too!

Any takers?

blackonblackonblack
02-21-06, 01:24 AM
Are you proposing a V autocross?

VELOSE
02-21-06, 01:30 AM
At Buttonwillow would be fun. I've never been there and would like to go.

ctsvett
02-21-06, 02:02 AM
I second buttonwillow.

Reed

Dreamin
02-21-06, 02:27 AM
More Pics!

roadracerx72
02-21-06, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the great time. My wife, Sandra, prefers the 4 wheels over two so I thought she would like the Kart racing. And she did, rubbing it in she was less than a second and a half slower than me on the track. :stirpot:

Can't wait 'till next meet!!

Thanks for the drinks after the racing George !!

Luna.
02-21-06, 02:42 PM
Apologies for not making it. The meet sounded like a lot of fun.

The aforementioned "possible" engagement actually went through, much to my surprise. I ended up spending the weekend in Glamis on a quad and/or a buggie, continuously getting "sand-bathed" over and over. Was a blast though... :bouncy:

One gentlemen out there mounted a Cadillac Northstar motor to a buggie. Needless to say, the power-to-weight ratio was SCARY & the exhaust (open header) sounded damn nice as well. After following him a bit too close in a different buggie, I quickly realized what a "sand-bath" really was, as I was literally drentched in sand!! Notes to self---get WAY BACK when following a buggie with that much power...:thepan:

My immediate thought after hearing/riding in such buggie was, "Well, if he can fit a Northstar motor in here, I bet we can fit an LS6/LS2 in here as well!" Thank goodness good taste prevailed though, as I'm not sure the front tiress would ever see ground with such a setup!! :highfive:

In any case, I look forward to the next V meet.

ochaole
02-21-06, 04:49 PM
im up for some road course action

MadMike
02-21-06, 09:27 PM
dammit luna.......i didn't go for the same reason.......quads in the dunes at Glamis........are you following me again........

MadMike
02-21-06, 09:34 PM
Hey now....along with being stalked by Luna, I was given credit with showing up with ILOVEMYV.......I hope I had a good time and was able to beat all you slowpokes......i probably did....( i have proof i wasn't there......sore muscles and a broken quad!)

Luna.
02-21-06, 10:50 PM
Hey now....along with being stalked by Luna, I was given credit with showing up with ILOVEMYV.......I hope I had a good time and was able to beat all you slowpokes......i probably did....( i have proof i wasn't there......sore muscles and a broken quad!)

:histeric:

SoCalV
02-22-06, 01:30 AM
OK adrenalin V freaks. Autocross or Buttonwillow?

I'll need some help with an auto cross set up as I haven't organized one. Only seen it. I know the venue is important as the wrong parking lot can melt a set of tires. Feedback here as you like. Especially if you are willing to volunteer to be the "camp director".

As for Buttonwillow, there are some on going weekend driving events sponsored by car guys like you and me that allow us to show up and do a basic saftey check to drive. Is the battery bolted down, are you sober at 8AM, do you look like a guy that wants to drive his V to work on Monday and do you have a brain bucket that fits? They typically have some decent intro instruction with lead follow on the track for first timers or vets that haven't been on the track. It helps you come up to speed without freaking out about where the limit is with the car. If you have not been on a track, this is definitely for you. A blast is guaranteed. You will do things with the V that are less than safe on the street. You will have an opportunity to experience the different electronic control setting levels that are really a nice electronic nanny helping you understand where the limit is with your car.

For you that are sort of clean car detail obsessive like I try to be, for the unblemished car we have tested some removable clear adhesive that works really good to avoid minor dirt and pebbles being kicked up and recieved by the M3 you were following. Notice I said you were following......

Summer is not good there (even with the air cond on) so if we vote out for Buttonwillow, times are generally best before mid June and after mid Sept.

Great track, cheap hotels and I know where the Road and Track editors eat and drink...........

What say you?:thepan:

ctsvett
02-22-06, 01:39 AM
I am in for buttonwillow... Been looking for an excuse for a while.

How much is it usually for the track fees?

Reed

ochaole
02-22-06, 01:59 AM
i dont know where autosross or buttonwillow are but im in for either...never been on a track before

VELOSE
02-22-06, 02:48 PM
I'm in for Buttonwillow too. Autocross doesn't do anything for me. What's the fun of having a supercharger if you are stuck in 2nd gear the whole time.:D If you guys want me there, we need to plan for sometime after June. I don't mind if it's in September either, so it's cooler. Maybe this will give more V owners time to prepare and schedule this in. ;)

roadracerx72
02-22-06, 02:57 PM
I am in for ButtonWillow. But I'm in for Willow Springs too...:yup: