: want to rent a track for a day????

moldowan
02-06-06, 12:44 AM
Hallet motorspeedway in Jennings ,OK. (near Tulsa)
Its 580 miles from san antonio, Its only $1000 to rent for a day tursday-thursday and you can have 5 people at a time w/o additional insurance.
Thats $200 per person to run all day- Very Cool!!!
Any V owners in TX or OK wanna do it???? If not I'll just have to go up myself and run alone-:helpless:
here is the link.
http://www.hallettracing.net/
Don't know yet but I might bring the viper up there as well.
_moldy

StealthV
02-06-06, 12:49 AM
800 miles away for me - count me in if it fits my schedule. I've been looking for an excuse to buy new tires for the track wheels. :)

Gordy Petrovski
02-06-06, 02:03 AM
Lets set a date,it is only 4 1/2hrs away for me. Would like to see what this thing is like on the track. I have a friend that has a c6Z that might like to go also if thats ok?

moldowan
02-06-06, 03:33 AM
weekend rates are 2K ,not too much if we have 5 people and the weekdays don't work for anybody. but the tues-thurs rate is soooo damn cheap its a crime not to try it out!
I think we could get urby to commit?????:devil:
I promise you won't crash with your new tune urby-LOL
anywho, the Dallas guys are close as well, chime in here guys!
Hell rick says he's gonna drive 800 miles!!!!!!! Very COOL!!!!!!!!!
-moldy

CIWS
02-06-06, 10:41 AM
I'm in Dallas.
If we do it during the week, just need as much head's up as possible to try and schedule a day off during the work week. (Guess I'd need to buy a helmet too). Even if I don't run the track it would be good to drive up and video tape it to produce something for others to see a V day.

Mikes V
02-06-06, 10:42 AM
Let me know when and I'll make time! Another idea....the Lone Star region PCA always has track weekends at Texas world Speedway. That's a lot of fun too!

DILLIGAF
02-06-06, 02:32 PM
I've went to Tulsa for dumber reasons.Me maybe

moldowan
02-06-06, 08:25 PM
Looks like it will be easy to get 4-5 people to commit. I'll call the track and get some more Info and days that are avail. for rental tommorrow and get back to you all.
-moldy

thebigjimsho
02-07-06, 06:50 PM
I'll be in Tulsa from July 10th to the 16th.

If this is done well enough in advance, I could come earlier, but that's by no means definite.

CIWS
02-07-06, 07:01 PM
Summer would give us the best chance for no rain day(s) :) Plus a good lead time for planning and saving of cashola.

DILLIGAF
02-18-06, 10:54 PM
Bump,before it gets lost

TXSilverV
02-19-06, 01:33 AM
you guys can count me in! Sounds like a bunch of fun.

moldowan
02-19-06, 06:12 AM
I have been swamped with problems with work and family so I have not had time to call or think about this excursion. Hopefully we can get comething going in april or may. weather should be nice then!
_moldy

CIWS
02-19-06, 08:31 AM
No sweat dude. Later in the spring or summer would be a better time anyway. Just need as much advanced notice as possible since it will probably require taking off a day or two from work. :)

DILLIGAF
02-19-06, 01:55 PM
Motel rooms can be an issue in the middle of july-13yr old usssa world series.Nothing like 150 baseball teams in one town.If Tulsa is the trny sight,big issue.

rand49er
02-19-06, 03:59 PM
Geez, do I ever wish this was closer to me ... I've got a set of runflats with just enough tread left mounted on my OEM wheels to make a good day of it. I can't think of a better way to use the rest of that tread up. Plus, I've never done anything like this before, and does it ever sound like a great time!!!:bouncy:

Anybody who goes, we want PICS and more PICS !!!!!!!!! Oo-o-o, how 'bout some video, too ?!!!!!!!

V-SATX
02-19-06, 04:06 PM
Moldy,

I can't believe I missed this thread. I remember you talking about it at Urbys place. Count me in:thumbsup:

PS Do you still have the mechanics #?

darvish
02-20-06, 10:17 AM
I am in St Louis and would LOVE to rent the track for a day. All I need is a long lead time to get off work. The wife is a Skip Barber grad and would also participate. I would even tow my Lotus out to run it. Is 1000 bucks a real number? That includes everything? I looked into renting Putnam Park in IN, and the cost was 5000 bucks fro the day all inclusive. Corner workers, EMTs etc.

Bill
St Louis

QuickChickLeslie
02-20-06, 11:22 AM
I know it is far for some, but I rented the new Miller Motorsports Park in Salt Lake June 3-4.

www.millermotorsportspark.com (http://www.millermotorsportspark.com)

$450 for the weekend, east track 2.2, 14 turns, 6 straights 1475 ft.

Leslie

moldowan
02-20-06, 11:31 AM
Oh my god!
Is that a pic of you on the front web page? If so I'll drive to utah to drive you...ahem.... drive with you! LOL I won't bring the wife-promise!
Seriously though, is the track gonna be ready by then??
-moldy

DILLIGAF
02-28-06, 11:06 PM
Another bump for the busy Moldy.Is there something I can do?

moldowan
03-03-06, 12:28 AM
ok,ok,ok-LOL
I'll call tommorrow-promise
_moldy

thebigjimsho
03-14-09, 01:04 PM
whatever happened with this? does Hallet still run these things??