: front driver side tire feathering

Ron_matrix
02-05-06, 10:55 PM
i have a 98 catera and i noticed the front driver tire starting to feathering so i had my mechanic check it out. he noticed i need 4 new rotors ( ordered on ebay already) he also notice that my control arm bushing is going (showing silver) but he said that he didnt notice any play at this moment but i should have the lower control arm change and he said that i have to change the whole assembly ( $800. cnd each). do i really have to change the whole assembly or can i just replace the bushing it self?

thank you

caddlovers
02-06-06, 03:23 PM
Find another mechanic. Check outer tire rods and alighment, maintain proper presure and rotation- thats all you need to fight feathering. (rotors - is another story...) At least get socond oppinion - smart mechanics aware how to talk to unaware customers, especialy to Catera owners. And do not buy fancy-shmensy tires, find what you need on the web - better quality and you might save $200~$300.00

guardian
02-06-06, 03:47 PM
There are several items here

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/CateraOwners/files/Cadillac%20Catera%20TSB%20%26%20Service%20Files/

you might find it helpful to consult.

Good luck!

Ron_matrix
02-06-06, 06:25 PM
ok will have my alignment check by another mechanic
will let you know

thanks a lot