: Yup, so its official....

Night Wolf
02-05-06, 09:17 PM
the Rolling Stones still sound horrible.... though this is one of the worst....

Stoneage_Caddy
02-05-06, 09:23 PM
this whole game sucks ...its sooo damned fixed ....even tho i really am rooting for the steelers ....but i like to see a good fair game ....the officals have been bought on this one ...

gary88
02-05-06, 09:28 PM
The first half was boring, hopefully the second half is gonna be better.

I thought the Rolling Stones sounded alright :hide:

fast66
02-05-06, 11:13 PM
wow, didnt like the ref calling at all. Boring game.

Rolex
02-05-06, 11:14 PM
Where's Janet Jackson's bewbie when you need it??? :hide:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-05-06, 11:19 PM
Its not that the Stones sounded bad, they lack the energy that they had in the mid '70s. Mick was dancing around, and Keith and Ron were just kinda walking around, like in a daze. That, and the audio sucked in there. It sounded like only Mick had his mike on. But yeah, it did sound rough, just like some of the earlier albums did. Especially "Exile On Main Street".

I'm a huge fan of the Stones, but even I was a little disappointed in their playlist. I mean come on you guys, lets do some deep cuts. Not just their most well known such as "Start Me Up" and "Satisfaction". How about "Rip This Joint" or "Brown Sugar" or something like that....

SpeedyArizona
02-05-06, 11:46 PM
Aaron Neville BUTCHERED the Nation Anthem! I always enjoy hearing it and turned it up (to be Patriotic) and I literally turned it down because it sounded so bad! For a man to sing that horribly is amazing, William Hung could do better!

I love listening to the Rolling Stones, and enjoyed the halftime performance.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-05-06, 11:58 PM
hes usually beatter then that , ive heard him do it twice , this year he was seriously off ...

gdwriter
02-05-06, 11:59 PM
Aaron Neville BUTCHERED the Nation Anthem!

I'll agree with you there. At least Aretha came in and salvaged what she could.

Eric Kahn
02-06-06, 12:07 AM
I can gaurantee that the NFL office switchboard will be very busy monday morning with teh compliants about the national anthem, it was absolutly horrible
I will be one of the callers tommorow

gary88
02-06-06, 01:14 AM
They try to showboat the national anthem so much now at big events like the superbowl and world series. I wish they would go back to just having ONE person sing it without any background music or anything.

Jesda
02-06-06, 01:24 AM
Its 11pm and I just woke up.

FSU_Noles
02-06-06, 01:30 AM
National Anthem sucked.

Game sucked.

Rolling Stones, dunno, I fast-forwarded through the music.

Officials sucked.

davesdeville
02-06-06, 06:32 AM
Kieth and Ron did kinda just stand around. Mick is still awesome.

It did sound like complete ass, but that's because I was listening through TV speakers instead of the HTS.

fast66
02-06-06, 06:41 AM
Game sucked, so did the comercials, so did the halftime show, and so did the really really bad. I also turned my TV down when that guy was singing, aretha couldnt even help salvage that performance, This is one of the worst superbowls that i have ever see, very boring.

HotRodSaint
02-06-06, 11:00 AM
For all those who are complaining about The Rolling Stones sounding bad, I wonder how good your grandfathers would sound up there!! :histeric: :duck:

Elvis
02-06-06, 11:07 AM
Just an opinion, but I think the Stones sounded exactly the same as they did in 1982 when "Start Me Up" first came out. They were over the hill THEN!

Mick hasn't lost a step in THIRTY years, and Keith and Ron are such chain smokers I'm surprised they made it through a 15-minute set. They all look like corpses to me.

I don't like them, but I know music. They're professionals and they've still got "it," whatever that may be.

I didn't watch but about 20 minutes of the game. I started paying attention about the time Roethlisberger threw that interception near the end zone. If that hadn't happened the game would've been over much sooner. Horrible, weak, LAME pass. The Steelers are damn lucky it didn't come back to haunt them.

I'm happy for the Bus, and I'm happy for Cowher. They both deserved this.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-06-06, 11:36 AM
"the bus" falls forward

that touchdown didnt cross the line (you know which one im talkin about"

the game was fixed, the announcers, (although unintentionally) could have said it better themselves after bettis made his announcement,something along the lines of "you couldnt write a better ending".

fixed fixed fixed

gdwriter
02-06-06, 12:37 PM
They try to showboat the national anthem so much now at big events like the superbowl and world series. I wish they would go back to just having ONE person sing it without any background music or anything.

I think Beyoncé Knowles did a nice job at the Houston Super Bowl. She and Josh Groban were the only entertainers at that Super Bowl who didn't suck.

As luck would have it, I used to be in a group of season ticket holders for the Arizona Diamondbacks and in the playoff pool, I got to go to Game 2 of the 2001 World Series. Jewel had pretty much botched the National Anthem in Game 1, but we got Ray Charles singing America the Beautiful. Wow!

http://www.gdwriter.com/cruella/PA280005.jpg

http://www.gdwriter.com/cruella/PA280006.jpg

Rolex
02-06-06, 04:48 PM
Aaron Neville BUTCHERED the Nation Anthem!

+1

I dislike it when people try to "spice up" the national anthem. I thought it was poorly done. I'm not a big Stones fan either. I don't think they could hear very well with all the noise in that stadium. At some point Mick was way off from the music. But hey....I couldn't have done any better. :canttalk:

JimHare
02-06-06, 05:01 PM
Gotta agree with most of ya - the N/A sounded bad, but that may have been just poor mic'ing or bad acoustics..I can imagine it's damn near impossible to sing that song in a big ol open arena with a million people cheering, coughing, talking, farting and doing all what-not...and with Dr. John at the piano, no less. Neville's usually got a pretty good voice, but as any pro will tell you, the N/A is a fiendishly difficult song to sing well, since's it such a crappy melody to begin with - and if you try to 'jazz' it up, or 'blues' it up, or whatever, that just makes it harder.

The Stones were about what I expected - Mick still runs around like a maniac, Ron and Keith look like they would have rather been sitting in a pub drinking and smoking, Charlie Watts was bored out of his skull, as usual, and the keyboard and bass player were non-entries. Still, the Stones are as much an "event" as a "musical event", so there ya have it. I've seen them half a dozen times betwen about 1970 and now, and every concert felt and sounded exactly the same.

As with the N/A, a big ass stadium like that is the most HORRIBLE place for music that can be imagined. And, to play devil's advocate, their stage crew didn't have 24 hours to set up like they normally would.

The game? Well, yeah, there APPEARED to be some pretty bad calls by the refs, that offensive pass interference on the Seahawk's first TD was lame, and I don't think the first Steeler T/D was a good call either. Plus, I hate the Steelers (perhaps a name change to the "Stealers" might be in order?) and am not crazy about the Seahawks, so it didn't really matter too much to me one way or another.

I switched over to IMAX on InHD/2 during the commercials.. lol