: Help:Crankshaft Sensor Replacement

Bigmuddy
02-05-06, 05:34 PM
I have a 2000 Deville Northstar. Auto Parts store reader shows defective lower sensor. Haynes manual shows this replacement to be fairly easy. I got under (on ramps) and it looks to me to be either motor removal or motor mount removal to get to them--is there another way???

JimD
02-05-06, 08:49 PM
Read this one....

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63988

Bigmuddy
02-05-06, 08:59 PM
Thanks - sounds tough but doable. I'll try. Another question. I have 97,000 miles on this vehicle. Thinking about keeping it for another 30-40,000. Do you recommend changing the timing belt?

Ranger
02-05-06, 09:14 PM
The Northstar does not have a timing belt. It uses timing chains that will last the life of the engine.

Bigmuddy
02-07-06, 12:18 AM
Thanks Ranger much appreciated. WIll change the plugs filters and fluids and see what happens. Thanks again.

gramps63
02-08-06, 03:47 PM
I just finished changing crank sensors. Thanks to the people here it went well. Disconnect the battery before trying to take things apart, the most difficult part for me was unplugging the oil pressure sensor and plugging it back in when done. I had to use needle nose pliers through the hole in the motor mount. If you have someone with a code reader try to get the code cleared before unhooking the battery. It's not that bad, thanks again guys.
Gramps