: Response from My Attorney Plase Read

Vegas V
02-05-06, 02:29 PM
I wrote a note to my attorney friend and I got a response from him this morning, please read along.

My Note to him

Rick,

Here I am, writing to you in regards to a problem that has come up with us Cadillac CTS-V owners, I would like to have your oppinion in this discusion, let me tell you a little about it.

In july of 05, I bought a brand new 05 Cadillac CTS-V from the local dealer ship, since then I became a member and a regular at the Cadillac Forums, since then I've been reading a lot of threads in regards to a defective rear end that was installed in our cars, it seems that the problem is getting bigger every day with more rear ends braking up on owners cars, it has gotten to the point where several owners have investigate where the rear ends came from, it seems that GM contracted a company called Getrag to built this rear ends, and since day one they been nothing but problems, there is several owners that had have their rear diff replaced more that 3 times, and are still having problems with them, specailly onwers that have done some modifications to their cars, like me, I installed a Magnuson Supercharger and 3 weeks after the rear ends blew up on me, and I never even abused the car, and since the blower was installed, the warrantee was denided, my question is, is there anything that we Caddilac owners can do for GM to replace this defective part with one that can handle the torque and horsepower that the car has?

In other words, do you think that we can aproach GM and demand a new re-designed rear diff, even though, some rear ends have been replaced under warrantee, this does not take care of the problem, that is why I come to you to ask some questions, I know that this will be business realted and I don't mind paying for your legal services for the advise, we just want to bring to GM's attention that we are not happy with a product they are selling and would like to have be heard, letting GM that we as Cadillac CTS-V owners are not happy with waht we bought, and the product that some owners have got as a replacent has been the same defective part.

Please let me know at your earlier convenience if you think there is something we can do to address this matter.

Here is a link to the latest discussion about the defective rear end, I forgot to mention, that Getrag said that the rear end that was installed on the CTS-V is way under rated for the power and torque that car produces.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64641

Jose

His Response

Josť / "Vegas V":

This is very interesting, particularly because I have been considering the purchase of a CTS-V as my next car ... since they came out!

I read through the thread on the forum, and hit the links some posted there. I was surprised to see that STILL only 3 complaints relating to the diff have been posted to the complaint board of the NHTSA:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/ (http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/)

A class action lawsuit could be considered here, if a significant number of CTS-V owners have experienced the same or very similar problems. GM's defense will surely be that they intend to honor their warranty for the entire (and even for an extended) period. That does no good for those who want to resell their car (overall value diminished by the problem), and I pity the new owner when the warranty runs out. Besides, one single case of a failed rearend causing an accident (not just an inconvenient service call to the dealer) will be all it takes to get the feds VERY interested in the problem. The most supportive evidence is that Getrag has acknowledged the problem and admits GM installed an underrated piece in the car - especially when a more appropriate one was available (for the Vette) from the same OEM supplier.

As for the denial of your warranty claim, you have some strong grounds for challenging that. An act of Congress in 1975, called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, provided a bunch of federal laws regarding the warrantees auto manufacturers and other businesses provide to their customers. One point that often arises is a prohibition on the manufacturer form denying warranty coverage because of an owner modification of the product, unless it can be shown that the mod directly affected the failed part. This has been invoked for years by guys who, for example, blew a transmission, and the dealership refused to warrant it because he had put headers and custom wheels on his car. Here is a brief description of this law and how it can be used to force a warranty claim to be honored by GM. It contains some very good "step-by-steps" to get through the process:

http://snipurl.com/m8m8

Your best argument is if it can be shown that the failing diffs are a "pattern defect" of the car, and back it up with the acknowledgment by Getrag that the type 645 is inadequate for the car.

I see probably 60 TSB's for your car here, but only a couple that have any reference to rear suspension or differential. I am not an AllData subscriber, so I do not have access to the actual reports, but it might be worth hopping on the forum and asking if anyone has full access to check them out:

http://snipurl.com/m8mf

The best advice I can offer is that all the CTS-V owners need to band together and accumulate as much data on the failures (as has been suggested in the thread) as they possibly can ... and ASAP. Armed with as few as 12 or 20 very similar failures, you guys may have enough to interest an attorney in bringing a class-action suit that might not get a big windfall of damages for each owner, but would surely be enough to embarrass GM into making it right for every owner. They surely are not interested in a bunch of negative press during their time of rapidly dropping stock value and losing market share to every auto manufacturer in the world - foreign and domestic. On that topic, I certainly would push to accomplish this well in advance of GM seeking protection through bankruptcy, dramatic down-sizing or some other reliefs they may be considering for their current extreme financial woes.

Good luck encouraging all your pals on the forum to participate in the information-gathering process. That is your best hope for getting GM's attention. As for your own claim, go right back to that same dealer, speak to the service manager, and tell him you will not just accept that your supercharger voids the warranty on the entire rest of the drivetrain. Drop the name Magnuson-Moss, tell him you have consulted an attorney about the federal laws governing such claims, and you are convinced that you are entitled to coverage for the claim. If he still refuses, demand to be put into contact with the regional manager, and inform him that as you await their corporate decision on the claim, you will be preparing to file your complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Nevada Attorney General Office's Consumer Affairs Division, just in case they continue to deny the claim unfairly.

Let me know if you need further help, bud.

Rick

I'm going back to my local dealer to talk to the service manager, I was wondering if all of you that have had their rear end replaced can fax me a copy of the work order (dealer receipt) so I can show this guys that I'm not the only one in this Country with this problem perhaps I can get my car back on the road untill the Madman or Aussie rear ends are available, the number for you guys to fax the copy of the order is 702-227-0229, PLEASE, PLEASE TRY AND FAX THAT COPY, IT IS IMPORTANT TO ME AS IT IS TO ALL OTHER WITH REAR END PROBLEMS.

Back to the attorney letter, how can we get organized and get somethig going, perhaps we can ask the mods if we can create a chat room, that way we can all talk at the same time, ans set something up.

Jose

Playdrv4me
02-05-06, 02:33 PM
Great Attorney friend you have there, and excellent advice. Please give him a pat on the back for all the members here. That kind of help is invaluable.

MacOSR
02-05-06, 03:08 PM
Everyone that is having problems needs to go post a complaint at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/

Devil_concours
02-05-06, 03:19 PM
share this with regular cts owners too. I had mine replaced once and second one is same it was with first right before it was replaced

RobertCTS
02-05-06, 03:23 PM
You V Guys should also post for the CTS owners as a great number of differentials have failed with the V6. Some owners have replaced as many as 4.

P.S. Getrag will never admit that the Cadillac differential they build is underengineered. To much money involved from the cash cow.

Luna.
02-05-06, 03:24 PM
Great read. Thanks for the information from an attorney.

I'm convinced that my rear is a ticking time-bomb. While I drive my car fast, I do NOT put much pressure on the rear-end. I'm a little over 11k miles, but I'm certain that the rear will fail in the near future, primarily based on the experiences others have experienced on this board.

When it does, I will definitely post every detail of my failure wherever it needs to be posted.

Thanks

P.S. Getrag will never admit that the Cadillac differential they build is underengineered. To much money involved from the cash cow.

Agreed, but that seems to be a simple matter of reviewing the specs of the part and going from there. In my mind, GM definiteily knew what rear-end was going in there and HAD to authorize it. Getrag can simply say they built what they were supposed to. In other words, is it their job to determine if it's underengineered?

heavymetals
02-05-06, 03:38 PM
Hey moderators!

I think a new forum called "Cadillac Issues" needs to be created.:canttalk:

Just a thought....

Joey'sVee
02-05-06, 03:46 PM
Hey moderators!

I think a new forum called "Cadillac Issues" needs to be created.:canttalk:

Just a thought....

I don't. And please don't thread jack this post. These threads need lot of visibility so we can do something such as posting complaints on the nhtsa link. That's the only way I think we can solve the problem!

Guys it's time we do something here. :lildevil:

Thanks for the info Vegas V...I'm going to post my complaint and hopefully they will get flooded with diff complaints! :D

BowenCT
02-05-06, 03:51 PM
.......there is several owners that had have their rear diff replaced more that 3 times, and are still having problems with them, specailly onwers that have done some modifications to their cars, like me, I installed a Magnuson Supercharger and 3 weeks after the rear ends blew up on me.............

That's all well and good, but I would most definitely remove the above statement.

Blatently stating that you "installed a Magnuson Supercharger and 3 weeks after the rear end blew up on me" is absolutely, positively NOT going to do anything to support your case.

heavymetals
02-05-06, 03:52 PM
Where you been Joey?
Who the heck do you think suggested reporting to the DOT?

I am serious about the creation of a Cadillac Issues forum.

It is a drag to wade through the repeat threads here about issues that would be better discussed in a forum specifically for same.

DILLIGAF
02-05-06, 04:09 PM
Where you been Joey?

It is a drag to wade through the repeat threads here about issues that would be better discussed in a forum specifically for same.:thumbsup:Seperate the issues and tit whinning.

Joey'sVee
02-05-06, 04:10 PM
Where you been Joey?

It is a drag to wade through the repeat threads here about issues that would be better discussed in a forum specifically for same.

Heavy, I know you want forum members to post complaints on the nhtsa site and I know you want a complainers forum. I don't think the complainers forum would help with the issues. I think more visibility helps instead of getting redirected where nobody will see what's going on, but that's just my opinion. :yup: We can agree to disagree. I'm sorry if this forum is a drag to you. I think we should discuss this in another thread. I'm glad you are helping us do something about the diff. Hopefully we can get something done about this issue!

Randy...I think anytime somone complains about an issue it's call tit whinning it would be impossible for the mods to seperate. JMHO.

Vegas V
02-05-06, 09:08 PM
Filed a complaint today, complaint # 10149491

if we don't join forces, we're never going to make the General pay for the correct fix.

heavymetals
02-05-06, 09:23 PM
You do not have to experience a "failure" to file a complaint or concern either.

You do have to have a vin# though.

GT04CTS-V
02-05-06, 10:35 PM
Complaint filed, 10149472.

:mad2:

GT

DILLIGAF
02-05-06, 10:51 PM
Joey,I would like to see the negative threads in places where they could be listed per problem.These cars have some inherent problems(WE KNOW)what can we do about it as a group.Not flaming you in any way.Just want to go forward,not beotch about same old same old.JMO

austin
02-05-06, 11:56 PM
FYI,

I found 4-complaints for a 2004 model, and 4-complaints for a 2005 model. Since they don't give you multiple year lookups. Looking up a single year is mis-leading. This is realy a 2004-2005-2006 cts-v rearend problem. Even though the 2006 has a new part number, they are still having problems with them.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/

>the acknowledgment by Getrag that the type 645 is inadequate for the car.

This is the proof.... The "I TOLD YOU SO GM" Someone needs to get this in writing by Getrag (reply email etc.) I'm sure Getrag is also starting to feel some heat from this issue.

*I hope you re-post your post to other cadillac forums as well...... It's time for action!!

CVP33
02-06-06, 12:05 AM
Complaint filed

Florian
02-06-06, 12:08 AM
filed...

F

SoCadillac
02-06-06, 12:39 AM
I have dealt with this issue once before; it was with the latest model of the Gold Wing where mysteriously frames were starting to break just ahead of the rear swingarm pivot. There was and still is a super enthusiast who also was an Engineer who brought-up the issue. Initially, he was shot all to hell by the Honda zealots, but he remained very calm and personally started to collect the data all the while alerting and staying in close contact with the NHTSA--he even had a direct contact. He took a lot of heat, but was very persistent and respectful no matter what people threw at him (and believe me they were downright rude; some even hateful). It paid-off BIG TIME as the issue was the quality of the welding being done by certain welders. The result: A major recall. No one gave him crap after that as he was correct and to this date he still keeps an ongoing database of present frame failures of those who refused to have recall done until their frame broke.

ace996
02-06-06, 12:48 AM
filed...

Rickerbucks
02-06-06, 12:52 AM
Well gents, I do not currently have probelms with my diff and so far not with the tranny - although it seems to be a little more notchy getting into first - but i wish you all the success.

At this point I have no plans on keeping this car past the warranty or modifying it which was the original reaon I went with this car.

verbs
02-06-06, 01:19 AM
Done. Complaint # 10149497

There are only 4 differential complaints for 2004 CTSs and 4 for 2005 CTSs.

We need to start a new thread IMO just for people to register.

heavymetals
02-06-06, 03:04 AM
Done. Complaint # 10149497

There are only 4 differential complaints for 2004 CTSs and 4 for 2005 CTSs.

We need to start a new thread IMO just for people to register.

I am sure there will be more after they get done processing the stuff from this weekend.

And you can "registar" on the sticky "report diff failures" thread.

austin
02-06-06, 09:08 AM
>There are only 4 differential complaints for 2004 CTSs and 4 for 2005 CTSs.

Up to 9-complaints for 2004, and 9-complaints for 2005.... It's getting their.

CRZY747
02-06-06, 09:33 AM
I would like to file a complaint cause, can I....

Cause I have not had the car, diff break as of yet, but if I drove it they way I would like to drive it I am sure that it would break.

Looks like this is the correct type of action to hopefully get attention to the rear end problems that are inherent with this car.

lasstss
02-06-06, 10:00 AM
Some old corres..

Hi Martin:

It was a pleasure speaking with you yesterday pertaining to the CTS issue.
Thanks to taking the time to discuss the matter. This morning, I inquired
with Bob Silverman and he told me that if anyone on the forum has three
repair invoices to illustrate the whining noise in the rear and the problem
is still occurring, chances are he may be able to get them money (reflecting
the diminished value of the vehicle) and an extended warranty through GM.
For more serious situations, such as explosions, we can examine the lemon
law. There is no fee for this legal assistance. In addition, if the client
prevails, the car is not branded in an way so it does not affect resale. If
anyone on your forum needs our help, please have them contact me at
msacks@lemonlaw.com. For further information, forum members can visit
www.lemonlaw.com.

Regards,
Michael Sacks
Director, Communications & Client Services
Kimmel and Silverman
800-536-6652 ext. 131

lasstss
02-06-06, 10:05 AM
E mail from Getrag..4/21/2005

While it is very important as well as appreciated for information to
flow back from customers of our supplied products to GM, it is of
greater significance that the proper lines of communication are not
completely bypassed. As part of our warranty analysis it is important
to view a representative sample of parts that are occurring through
warranty. With this in mind, certain differentials that are exchanged
at dealerships are selected to be returned to the GM supplier for root
cause and corrective action. Rest assure, we are actively working with
GM on any issue that arises throughout the driveline that relates to the
differential. This may include but is not limited to durability,
reliability, and integrity to the design intent. When customer failures
are reported/resolved at dealerships, several avenues are available
throughout the GM service organization which allow feedback to be
presented to the responsible parties. When these avenues are
incorporated, the appropriate changes can be made to ensure satisfied
customers. Once again, thanks for the information...

8/17/05
The CTS-V differential is a limited slip 3.73 application and requires ~
7% friction modified oil. The LS additive is required if a manual mix
(oil + friction modifier) is utilized in fluid changes.

Note: If friction modified oil is not used at the appropriate fm
concentration a possible grind/growl condition could result.

"Bahman Haghshanas" <BHaghshanas@getragusa.com>, "Jochen Wieland" <JWieland@getragusa.com>, "Rodolfo Limas" <RLimas@getragusa.com>, "Friedemann Strasser" <strasser@getragusa.com>

Mikes V
02-06-06, 10:38 AM
Is this a problem on the V's with mods only, or stock as well?

GT04CTS-V
02-06-06, 10:53 AM
My bone stone CTS-V had the diff replaced at 3200 miles. No mods, not driven hard. No burn outs, speed shifting, nor drag racing. It started to whine at 2500 miles, I had the diff oil changed, but no difference. Currently, I'm on my third differential, a 2006 version. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before this one starts whine too.

:banghead:

GT

Joey'sVee
02-06-06, 11:49 AM
Without a doubt bone stock V's have failing rears. A lady (50 year old nurse (don't ask me why she has a V)) here in my town (not on the forum) has had her diff replaced twice. I don't think she does smokey burnouts on green and I doubt she has put headers and turbos on hers, lol That's kind of a funny visual, lol! :histeric: She is currently going through the BBB and will most likely be lemoned. :helpless:

That's proof that the diffs will fail even if you don't drive it hard and have no mods.

Mikes V
02-06-06, 12:24 PM
What are they doing exactly? I haven't noticed anything....yet. What should I be looking for?

atdeneve
02-06-06, 02:37 PM
When I go to file a complaint there is no option for the CTS-V in the model line up. Are you guys just filing under the CTS?

globed70
02-06-06, 02:37 PM
I am very supportive of everyone's effort around the differential reliability issue. That in itself may net a longer warranty for the rearend which would help with resale. For those that have repeated problems resulting in lack of use, the lemon law may work according to the state of registration.

Being scientific around diminished resale will take some work... as we'd have to estimate the appropriate level of depreciation (for american cars in general, american performance cars in general, GM cars as a group, Cadillacs as a subset, and high-performance GM as another subset) before we can make this claim.

I'd also reccommend, regardless of initial attorney review, that non-modified cars are made the center of attention, with moded cars to follow if there is success. GM's reaction on moded vehicles can easily be anticipated:

1. The differential is being stressed beyond it's design intent
2. GM worked with Getrag on applicability of this component on the CTS-V, so Getrag's on-line materials do not apply
3. The 'beefed-up' 2006 differential was only selected due to cost saves accross the CTS-V and new STS-V models.

Keep up the good work!
Dan

GT04CTS-V
02-06-06, 07:41 PM
Just did a search on http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/ there are now a total of 18 complaints on record for the rear differential. Nine for the 2004 CTS and nine for the 2005 CTS.

GT

heavymetals
02-06-06, 07:45 PM
They do not break out the CTS-V from the CTS.

The vin# does that.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EXPERIENCE A FAILURE TO FILE A COMPLAINT

You need a vin# though.

dannystang
02-06-06, 09:04 PM
I replaced my rear 4 times?

Can I file 4 complaints?

heavymetals
02-06-06, 09:11 PM

Can I file 4 complaints?

There are complaints with mutiple failures lodged, but if you have the paperwork and dates then I would say file seperate if you can.

arr0gant
02-06-06, 09:25 PM
I wrote a note to my attorney friend and I got a response from him this morning, please read along.

In july of 05, I bought a brand new 05 Cadillac CTS-V from the local dealer ship, since then I became a member and a regular at the Cadillac Forums, since then I've been reading a lot of threads in regards to a defective rear end that was installed in our cars, it seems that the problem is getting bigger every day with more rear ends braking up on owners cars, it has gotten to the point where several owners have investigate where the rear ends came from, it seems that GM contracted a company called Getrag to built this rear ends, and since day one they been nothing but problems, there is several owners that had have their rear diff replaced more that 3 times, and are still having problems with them, specailly onwers that have done some modifications to their cars, like me, I installed a Magnuson Supercharger and 3 weeks after the rear ends blew up on me, and I never even abused the car, and since the blower was installed, the warrantee was denided, my question is, is there anything that we Caddilac owners can do for GM to replace this defective part with one that can handle the torque and horsepower that the car has?

Jose

That's the longest sentence I have ever seen.

Luna.
02-06-06, 09:34 PM
Filed as well

CVP33
02-06-06, 10:18 PM

Can I file 4 complaints?

No that can't be true. I was told by GM that they've never had someone with multiple failures. I'm sure you are mistaken.

ace996
02-06-06, 10:47 PM
No that can't be true. I was told by GM that they've never had someone with multiple failures. I'm sure you are mistaken.

WTF...I was told it was normal....

wildwhl
02-06-06, 10:49 PM
Somebody had a diff fail? What? When? Where? I don't believe it :nono:

GT04CTS-V
02-06-06, 11:15 PM
We've been stiffed with the diff.

GT

Barak
02-06-06, 11:22 PM
Anyone notice that the 2005 Chrysler 300 has 157 complaints? Makes our 35 seem like nothing. Try a G35, TL or IS. All have far fewer complaints.

ace996
02-06-06, 11:45 PM
Anyone notice that the 2005 Chrysler 300 has 157 complaints? Makes our 35 seem like nothing. Try a G35, TL or IS. All have far fewer complaints.

How many 300s sold? That's the question, and when their board instituted the public lynching....
-ace

austin
02-06-06, 11:54 PM
>How many 300s sold?

Good point...... How about 77,013 for starters... compared to about, i think, 3,000 "V's" manufactured a year!!

>Makes our 35 seem like nothing.

I don't think so.... and the counts not fully in yet. If everyone drove their "V" the way it should be, their would be about 3,000 complaints on file now.

http://www.carlist.com/newcars/2005/ncr_176.html

DgtalPimp
02-07-06, 11:20 AM
Complaint filed.

Vegas V
02-07-06, 11:31 AM
I see that alot of us are filing a complaint, that is good, perhars the people in charge of reading the complaints can see that there where a significant number of complaints filed this week.

CVP33
02-07-06, 06:26 PM
I think we've show them that we've had enough. Someone will be logging these and note the recent spike in complaints. That alone will get the ball rolling somewhat.

pietroraimondi
02-10-06, 11:01 PM
As I have said before; this very problem has the words "CLASS ACTION SUIT" painted all over it. There is not a single person that should "have to pay" for a new rear end when Cadillac knew in advance that they were selling a defective product. Legally known as "strict liability in tort"; one bodily injury case when a half axle breaks will have Bob Lutz on the phone with the GM Bankruptcy attorney inside of 15 minutes.

I'm telling you fella's; a separate website needs to be set up as a "Registry" for those who have experienced this problem!

When do we want to start the contributions for the website?

heavymetals
02-10-06, 11:09 PM
Well at least the increase in the # of complaints filed with the DOT will help an attorney.

kjr39
02-11-06, 12:18 AM
Somebody had a diff fail? What? When? Where? I don't believe it :nono:

No really, it's true. I read it on the Internets.

wildwhl
02-11-06, 12:57 AM
kjr39 -

Wow...this is news to me. My dealer told me the diff whined normally, but replaced it, then they told me that the car accident caused it to whine/lockup, but replaced it and billed my insurance company, and now they're convinced I'm imagining the whine - or it is coming from the Maggie - but since it is actually quite silent - I simply can't believe that anyone's diff ever failed.

There are a lot of great photoshop artists on the internet that are probably making those pictures of shattered housings as a hoax. And a half shaft - well - it isn't a half-shaft until torn in half :cookoo:

You guys scare me with this crazy talk of failing differentials. Makes me want to push the 9psi to 10psi to see if it is true.

Even the diff I have on the shelf with all the ground up metal inside wasn't failing - because that was explained to me as "...normal wear and tear...".

But hey - I intend to take this exploding diff theory and expose it quite soon because I just can't let another conspiracy blowup on the internets.

MacOSR
02-11-06, 10:04 AM
Well at least the increase in the # of complaints filed with the DOT will help an attorney.

Last check it was at 29 complaints.

RobertCTS
02-11-06, 11:41 AM
Last check it was at 29 complaints.

I wonder how many complaints need to be filed before it gets any attention?:hmm:

CIWS
02-11-06, 11:44 AM
You would think it would fall toward a percentage question. Number of units in use/production vs number failing or being replaced for whine or other issues.

RobertCTS
02-11-06, 11:53 AM
You would think it would fall toward a percentage question. Number of units in use/production vs number failing or being replaced for whine or other issues.

Hmmm..then you would need to know how many CTS/ CTS-vs have been produced. Even with that know it's difficult to find all the differential failures.:annoyed:

Vegas V
02-11-06, 12:14 PM
Hmmm..then you would need to know how many CTS/ CTS-vs have been produced. Even with that know it's difficult to find all the differential failures.:annoyed:

Agreed, but if we where to hire an atorney to take this case, GM would have to disclose the number of diffs repaired or replaced under warrantee, that would give the atorney the number we are looking for, which is the number of cars sold vs the number of diffs replaced, not to mention the number of diff that are still to break down in the future, I would say that, to increse the number of diffs replaced, all V owners and CTS owners need to take of braking the rear end soon, and then get it replaced.

COME ON CTS OWNERS, IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO ABUSE THE CAR AND BREAK THAT REAR END.:histeric:

RobertCTS
02-11-06, 12:23 PM
Agreed, but if we where to hire an atorney to take this case, GM would have to disclose the number of diffs repaired or replaced under warrantee, that would give the atorney the number we are looking for, which is the number of cars sold vs the number of diffs replaced, not to mention the number of diff that are still to break down in the future, I would say that, to increse the number of diffs replaced, all V owners and CTS owners need to take of braking the rear end soon, and then get it replaced.

COME ON CTS OWNERS, IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO ABUSE THE CAR AND BREAK THAT REAR END.:histeric:

FYI We've had 3.6V6 owners that have replaced 3 & 4 differentials in their cars!!:mad:

CVP33
02-11-06, 03:16 PM
FYI We've had 3.6V6 owners that have replaced 3 & 4 differentials in their cars!!:mad:

I sure hope they are reporting them.