: Headgasket?

CtA318
02-05-06, 09:11 AM
1997 Catera
94,000 Miles
Recall work has been done.
New starter, spark plugs, oil cooler, coolant cross-over bridge, and camshaft (valve cover) gaskets.

I'm experience coolant loss at a rapid rate when my car is warmed up and driven. Being a lead foot burns it quicker. After the car has been driven for awhile smoke will arise from the left side (driver's side) of the engine compartment and you can smell coolant. Could this be headgaskets?

The other obvious coolant leaks from that area were fixed aside from the heater control valve. Someone also mentioned that it may be a water pump but I didnt think it was that because I haven't noticed a puddle of coolant under the car.

Another problem:
Check engine light is on and it flashes. The car idles really rough. The engine shakes and I dont have much power behind the gas peddle. When the plugs were done the wires were not. I am assuming that the wires are bad and I'm getting a misfire. Bosch +4 plugs were put in there.

R-Caddy
02-06-06, 08:37 PM
check for the mass ai flow sensor for rough idle. or air filter.

CtA318
02-07-06, 08:25 PM
I looked up the misfire on the computer and Im getting Random Misfire and a Misfire in #2 and #5,