: Inviting all CTS-V Owners to Laguna Seca

VELOSE
02-05-06, 04:02 AM
Last year I was contacted by the organizers of a brand new car show taking place at Laguna Seca. The car show is called www.marquemadness.com (http://www.marquemadness.com). They are inviting all car clubs to attend. Last year I attended with a group of european car owners. It was a blast.

This year it is scheduled for May 4-7, 2006. That is the same weekend the U.S. Sports Car Invitational is headlined by the Daytona Prototypes and GT cars of the rapidly-growing Grand American Road Racing Association's Rolex Sports Car Series. The Daytona Prototypes and GT cars will do battle in a 250-mile race (with a two-hour, 30-minute time limit) on Sunday, May 7.

If you guys don't know what that means, it means you will get to see these on the track.
http://images7.fotki.com/v130/photos/1/197993/2782123/ctsvrace04_02_1024-vi.jpg

If you get the right tickets, you can even get a chance to hangout with the drivers at a mixer. Anyhow, there are more details at their website. If any of you plan to go, I'd like to get all of us CTS-V owners a Corral. This would be a good chance to support our Cadillac team.

When I went last year, there were Porsches, BMW's, Audi's, Cobra's, Mini's, and all sorts of other cars. The only group that I saw needed to be there was Cadillac. We have such a strong presence in this Rolex Series but yet there were no CTS-V's at this event. I'd like to change that, would any of you?:stirpot:

dzeman
02-08-06, 09:07 PM
I'm in!

calicadi
02-09-06, 02:55 AM
Velose... how much time or what days will you plan on being there? I might be able to make that Saturday.

blackonblackonblack
02-09-06, 04:52 AM
Just tell me what I need to do to sign up. How fun is the drive up the coast going to be? Can't wait to here all the maggies whine up the coastlines of california:highfive:

VELOSE
02-09-06, 05:48 PM
I would like to be there for the weekend starting from Friday. However, since my new son will only be a month old when this show takes place, I might have to be there only for one day, Sunday. I think that is when the CTS-V's race.

To sign up, I will let you know on that as soon as I have a corral and pricing on admission for us.

The drive up the coast should be fun for you. I've driven from SLO, I think that is where HWY 1 begins, and it's beautiful.

calicadi
02-11-06, 03:26 AM
Sunday I think I can do. Can you PM when you have the info in case this thread gets buried?

Haven't heard anything from umlimitedlaps yet. Hopefully they'll be good about emailing April's availability soon.

VELOSE
02-12-06, 01:19 AM
Cali,
I'll definitely PM you when I find out the costs. I'll make sure to keep this thread up there anyway.

Regarding Unlimitedlaps, they are really good about emailing when registration is open for the event. I would say that by the end of the month, registration will be open. ;)

dzeman
02-14-06, 01:18 AM
I'm still in. Please let me know when you have more info.

GOTTSPD
02-14-06, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a great time, but you should know that there are no CTS-VR's in the Rolex Racing Series. I don't believe there are any in the Grand Am Cup series either...

VELOSE
02-14-06, 01:42 PM
I'm lagging.....I know. I'll get that info. today, for sure. ;)

VELOSE
02-14-06, 02:37 PM
Ok fellas......I just spoke with the organizer, Terry Geiser. He says they don't have pricing yet. They are still working on package pricing. They will be offering a 3-day package, 2-day package, and 1-day admission. From what I heard, there will also be packages to have some track time on Laguna Seca. That should be fun. For now Terry suggests we register on www.marquemadness.com for their newsletters. That will notify us when pricing is available.

Also, Gottspd might be right. After speaking with Terry, the CTS-VR's aren't going to be there. However, it'll still be fun to see the GT cars and prototypes doing some laps. ;)

calicadi
02-14-06, 05:00 PM
Done.