: Cadillac Superbowl Commercial

Joey'sVee
02-05-06, 12:59 AM
So are we going to see a cadillac commercial tomorrow? Last year it was the tunnel commercial showing the V. That was an awesome commercial. :thumbsup: Has anyone heard if we will see anotherone this year?

Any guesses? :yup:

:burn:

ace996
02-05-06, 02:50 AM
There will probably be more lies from Cadillac....but if you listen real close, you'll hear the whine and clunk, that way they're really not lying...
-ace

MSJ
02-05-06, 03:26 AM
I saw a news clip today talking about the weather for the game. It showed an XLR-V on a game field just outside an end zone with snow/ice on it - so I imagine there will be some sort of cadillac presence.

Dreamin
02-05-06, 03:27 AM
Dayyymmm... someone's in a bad mood :(

CIWS
02-05-06, 08:24 AM
I had thought I read something about them trying to promote the new Escalade, but I'm hoping for some V-Series goodness :D

Gordy Petrovski
02-05-06, 03:23 PM
I hope they show a CTS-V doing 0-60 in 4.7sec. with out the wheel hop or the Diff. shattering. I just want to see how it's done thats all,f*cken performance car my a**:rant2:

Joey'sVee
02-05-06, 03:40 PM
I didn't mean for this to be a negative thread...so please start another thread for that. As far as the commercial I heard it was going to be women oriented. I think that would suck! I would rather see a street racing commercial against an M3...and of course at the bottom it would say (Don't try this at home).

rand49er
02-05-06, 03:52 PM
Oh my, Joey ... but haven't you :stirpot: .

Joey'sVee
02-05-06, 04:01 PM
Oh my, Joey ... but haven't you :stirpot: .

huh?:hmm:

detv
02-05-06, 04:15 PM
Yesterday in down town Detroit I saw major promo's for cadillac as "official sponsor of NFL Detroit". GM also had huge tents/displays that had the enitre V series lineup. They even had a full scale ice carved XLR ! I'm sure they'll have something for us!! I would have took pictures but there were thousands of people..

Joey'sVee
02-05-06, 04:22 PM
Sounds awesome!!!

rand49er
02-05-06, 04:36 PM
Yesterday in down town Detroit I saw major promo's for cadillac as "official sponsor of NFL Detroit". GM also had huge tents/displays that had the enitre V series lineup. They even had a full scale ice carved XLR ! I'm sure they'll have something for us!! I would have took pictures but there were thousands of people..Now that's what this thread needed: positive attitude!:grouphug:

Joey'sVee
02-05-06, 05:22 PM
Now that's what this thread needed: positive attitude!:grouphug:

I know! I would love to see pictures!

I guess we will find out shortly if the V is in a superbowl commercial. :thumbsup:

CIWS
02-05-06, 08:22 PM
Yeah first was the 2007 Escalade :(

crowan
02-05-06, 08:36 PM
I guess we are to believe that washed-up supermodels dig the Escalade. Whoopie!

Bring on the Vs.

rand49er
02-05-06, 08:39 PM
:)
Yeah first was the 2007 Escalade :(Looked expensive ... hope they saved some bucks for the V.:)

crowan
02-05-06, 08:44 PM
:)Looked expensive ... hope they saved some bucks for the V.:)

Did I see M-style vents on the side?

CIWS
02-05-06, 08:45 PM
<off topic> OMG they've remade the Poseidon Adventure </off topic>

rand49er
02-05-06, 08:47 PM
<off topic> OMG they've remade the Poseidon Adventure </off topic>Shelly Winters never looked so good!

crowan
02-05-06, 08:57 PM
Shelly Winters never looked so good!

She's been on the "I've Been Dead for a Month" diet. Its foolproof.

CR

Devil_concours
02-05-06, 08:57 PM
:)Looked expensive ... hope they saved some bucks for the V.:)

Did I see M-style vents on the side?
they did a hell of a job and you're correct on the m-style vents
Also it comes with 22" wheels from factory with 400+hp engine
http://www.ph00ny.com/Pics/Cad/IMG_1684%20(Large).JPG
look at the new interior

kjr39
02-05-06, 09:00 PM
It looks bling. (never really a fan of the Escalade.)

And, ffrom the movies they are announcing, it looks like I'll be staying home this summer (with the xception of X3.)

GOTTSPD
02-05-06, 09:17 PM
If you go to the Cadillac.com website, it appears that they won't be showing any V commercials this year. They have the commercials online, but they are only for the Escalade. Nice truck, but I love seeing the V on TV...

CIWS
02-05-06, 09:19 PM
Please God, don't let Mick Jagger have a wardrobe malfunction...:bonkers:

kjr39
02-05-06, 09:29 PM
Someone get that man a shirt that fits...

Devil_concours
02-05-06, 09:30 PM
Please God, don't let Mick Jagger have a wardrobe malfunction...:bonkers:
some people on this forum might like that :hide:

crowan
02-05-06, 09:34 PM
some people on this forum might like that :hide:

Yeah, but they're busy watching "Brokeback Mountain.":shhh:

rand49er
02-05-06, 10:06 PM
Yeah, but they're busy watching "Brokeback Mountain.":shhh::histeric:

kjr39
02-05-06, 10:21 PM
They ran the CEO commercial....

CIWS
02-05-06, 10:29 PM
They did ? Possibly a "local" run ? I saw a Dodge (Texas) truck commercial.

Devil_concours
02-05-06, 10:32 PM
wow that budlight commercial was good

crowan
02-05-06, 10:32 PM
I didn't see it either.

MSJ
02-05-06, 10:46 PM
I saw the CEO commercial also, but I'm also in the same state as kjr - might be a regional thing

CIWS
02-05-06, 10:53 PM
I would rather have seen the CEO commercial than some old Dodge truck :ill:

iametarq
02-05-06, 10:56 PM
This is totally not related to this thread at all but i finally saw a CTS-V in person this weekend. i pulled up behind it at a stop light waiting to enter the highway. damn that thing took off on green!!!

rand49er
02-05-06, 11:22 PM
This is totally not related to this thread at all but i finally saw a CTS-V in person this weekend. i pulled up behind it at a stop light waiting to enter the highway. damn that thing took off on green!!!I was up in Traverse City a couple of weeks ago, but didn't you just get hammered with snow in Petoskey?:Offtopic:

BTW, I love the CEO commercial.

gdwriter
02-06-06, 12:48 AM
Shelly Winters never looked so good!

ROTFLMAO :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

What's with all these lame-ass remakes, anyway? Sheesh, Hollywood, come up with an original idea and we might actually pay $8-$10 to go see it.

FSU_Noles
02-06-06, 01:07 AM
I was disappointed with the Cadillac showing during the Super Bowl. I saw more commercials for a flecking Toyota truck than I did a Cadillac. I only saw the one Escalade commercial during the game and then a second Escalade commercial during the post game show.

Very questionable advertising tact considering the price of fuel and the market shift away from the SUV. I think Cadillac would have been better served to showcase the CTS and STS. Cadillac totally abandoned the "Break Through" campaign which would have been a perfect fit for a football game!!!

Overall I would give Cadillac a 'D' for this effort.
:banghead:

gary88
02-06-06, 01:20 AM
I saw the new Escalade commercial 3 times during the game. It looked really nice out on the field during the MVP presentation.

R.I.P break through commercials :worship:

Devil_concours
02-06-06, 01:24 AM
that one benz commercial was better than last years cadillac commercial

Joey'sVee
02-06-06, 09:47 AM
I thought the Escalade commercial was nice but too woman oriented. I also see the CEO commercial sometimes here in SC. Not a huge fan of the CEO commercial.

gothicaleigh
02-06-06, 11:01 AM
Last year Cadillac sponsored the Super Bowl.
This year, the game was at Ford Field. No surprise that they didn't support it as heavily (although GM's awesome display at the Renaissance Building did score quite a bit of free advertising on the network).

No V-series, but I must say that they are moving in the right direction with the Escalade.

Caddy Man
02-06-06, 05:41 PM
LOL all you guys saying that Cadillac didnt have enough presence certainly were not in Detroit. Cadillac had about 2000 vehicles, (CTS, DTS, STS, Escalade, SRX) roaming the streets as ''Official SuperBowl XL Vehicles" with badging on the side doors. All were the fully loaded models of each vehicle. The Ren Cen had a huge Caddy symbol on it, there was an enormous advertisement for the new Escalade plastered on a downtown building. Everywhere I went all I saw was Superbowl XL and Cadillac. They had all the Cadillac models, including all teh V series on display at the Ren Cen also, which was FILLED with people. Dont tell me they didnt have enough presence. :cookoo:

CIWS
02-06-06, 07:09 PM
They were major sponsors of this year's bowl, but allowed the other big auto makers to have some commercial time. Here in Texas I saw one Caddy commercial the entire Super Bowl, the Escalade one, during the other parts when some were seeing the CEO commercial, I was getting Dodge truck or Ford commercials (regional we assume). So as far as commerical TV time, Cadillac looked pretty lame here for the large cash I know they laid down for the sponsorship this year.

fast66
02-07-06, 01:04 AM
Yeah Cadillac had barely any good commercials this time around, only that fashion show and the CEO one. I saw the under 5 second gun shot commercial at the end of the game but that was about it. Pissed me off cause I usually like cadillac's commercials.