: Air Bag Light?????

brodyaga2010
02-04-06, 11:16 PM
My red Air Bag light has just recently turned.... so I took it to the local mechanic and had it checked out. He found nothing wrong with the computer. So is there any way I can just turn the light of by taking the bulb out due to the fact that I am selling the car and it kill the potential customers. I have seen the the diagrams before of how to take apart the dash and find that bulb, but I forgot where I seen those diagrams. So any help on how to removing that light would be helpful.

97cateraowner
02-05-06, 01:59 AM
Your request is unethical and maybe criminal. I doubt you get any instructions. :annoyed:

ewill3rd
02-05-06, 10:24 AM
Why would you even open yourself up to that kind of liability?
What happens if someone dies in the car because the airbags didn't work?

If the code is no longer present you just need someone to clear the codes.
I seem to remember that the airbag lamp must be reset on Catera.
Don't take the bulb out, that's just stupid.

brodyaga2010
02-07-06, 11:28 PM
Ok.... I guess you got the wrong impression. I DID go to the mechanic and he did check it out on his computer but he found no codes or anything of that sort. The Air Bag IS in the streering wheel.... but the light just all of the sudden came on. Do you guys know how much it would cost to get the codes cleared and would I have to go to a Cadillac dealership?

NolaBoy
02-07-06, 11:45 PM
try disconnecting the negative battery cable for at least 30 seconds to reset the ecm and reconnect and see if the light comes back on. or you can go to autozone and have them scan the car and see if any codes come back and reset the ecm.

ewill3rd
02-08-06, 10:02 PM
If the light is on, there is a code set or the IPC can't communicate with the airbag module.
Either his scanner is incapable of reading the codes or he is not too sure of what he is talking about.
Sometimes the battery disconnect procedure will clear the code.

jimmyk
02-28-06, 05:11 PM
Had same problem with my 97 Catera . Took it to Caddy dealer and he cleared code. Mine was just a history code. Charged 1/2 hour labor.