: 2006 CTS-V Pricing.....Help & Info Needed Please

dickie3126
02-04-06, 08:38 PM
Hello all! New member to the forum. Great info here. I will be buying or leasing a 2006 CTS-V soon. Went to the dealer here in Indianapolis on Friday and have some questions.

I said I wanted a V, black on black. They didn't have one but said they could get one in a few days. Of course they asked if I had a trade in and I said yes. She took my ss number and copy of my drivers license and said she would be back. They only want to give $26,500 for my 05 Tahoe LT which has been lowered,Magnacharger installed, and Weld Evo wheels (20"). No suprise to me. Hell, I still owe $34000 on it:confused:

Question I have is she said there is NO room to come off the $51,300 sticker price! Some BS about buying new cars doesn't work that way anymore because they just lowered the price of vehicles and now there is no "wiggle room"

Curious as to what guys have paid for an 06 V.

Will be selling my Tahoe myself.

Thanks,

Dickie

kjr39
02-04-06, 08:51 PM
email me: kjr39@yahoo.com

Bought an '06 31 days ago.

CIWS
02-04-06, 08:52 PM
That seems a little funky to me. 51,395 is the MSRP minus any extras like red paint, engine block heater, etc. I'd start talking to another dealership and see if they'll budge of MSRP. If it was a STS / XLR-V then I would easily believe it.

BeagleBrains
02-04-06, 09:12 PM
When first searching for a V Dealer, I did an internet search for my region. In a couple of days, after contacting those that had a CTS V in stock, I was deluged with 'deals'. None had any better offer for my trade-in. But many actually discounted the V some. Always be ready to walk out from the first discussion. If you don't get some improvement, there are other dealers.
The MSRP is just a landmark to start from. Call my wife. She makes anyone who wants to sell us something sweat for every dollar. Also, the CTS V is the definition of limited production. Most manufactures consider anything less that 30,000 vehicles a limited production. The V, at ~4,000 per year, is almost a miracle, even though it is a modification of an existing vehicle.
And, on top of that, I get near the max kick back from my GM Card. This has never interfered with my haggling. The GM Master Card rebate is genuine and comes off after the finalization of your negotiation.
Sadly, if your car loan is for five or more years, the balance owed is nearly always equal to or more that the value of the vehicle.

Davidstan
02-04-06, 09:22 PM
Bought mine at Hennessy in ATL for 46 900 6 weeks ago.

moldowan
02-05-06, 01:30 AM
if you don't get at LEAST 4K off sticker your getting f***'ed (f@!*'ed)!
Period!!!
-Moldy

ace996
02-05-06, 01:37 AM
Buy a lightly used '05 for mid-$30K. Spend the money saved on one of the aftermarket diffs coming out soon, a solid flywheel, and a one-piece driveshaft. You're then good to go. Or buy the '06 drive it for 18months/18Kmiles and then lemon law it after it's been in the service dept for 30 days (almost a sure thing with these cars).
Really, all joking aside, go to Edmunds and look up the invoice price of the car, then offer the dealership $1000 less. You'd be amazed at how they work deals when hold-back money is coming their way....
-ace

thefly
02-05-06, 10:04 AM
i bought my mine for 46,3 a month ago.

and it had the $900 infared paint option...

dickie3126
02-05-06, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds to me like an 06' V can be had for $4000 - $6000 off sticker. Just as I thought. I'll be going to another dealer next week.

Thanks again,

Dickie

chiro444
02-06-06, 03:48 PM
Don't "go" to another dealer!! Shop via the internet and save yourself time and hassle. Stealerships get the best deals out of people that walk in because they've got a ton of games that they play and end up making you think you got a good deal when you just got reamed. Do what Stephen P. and I did. Go to the Cadillac website, build your car then when asked if you would like a quote, push yes. Get as many dealers to give you quotes then play them against each other. Most times you get the best deal this way.

Kadonny
02-06-06, 03:59 PM
Don't "go" to another dealer!! Shop via the internet and save yourself time and hassle. Stealerships get the best deals out of people that walk in because they've got a ton of games that they play and end up making you think you got a good deal when you just got reamed. Do what Stephen P. and I did. Go to the Cadillac website, build your car then when asked if you would like a quote, push yes. Get as many dealers to give you quotes then play them against each other. Most times you get the best deal this way.

That is a good thought and all, but because service is an issue with these cars, to me it is just as important that you buy from a dealer with good service.

I'll gladly spend a little more upfront to save me hassle and possibly money in the future with service. But thats just me.

And I am leasing my 06 so I dealt with payment really, not price.

kjr39
02-06-06, 04:23 PM
You don't have to buy it at the same place that you service it. Talk to the service manager and see if he has half a brain and then to go:

www.gmbuypower.com

find the one you want and call up that dealership to work on the sale price.

hemkin57
02-06-06, 06:44 PM
I just bought my '06 on Friday and got it for $500 over invoice. I just told them that is what I was willing to pay and they worked it out. Also, got the max off of the GM card, which always helps :)