: Scammers on the classifieds

jl88
02-04-06, 01:34 AM
This gave me a good laugh. EVERYONE BE CAREFUL. Email address is: franklyn_al@rediffmail.com

-----------------------------

thank you for the reply
, well to let you know my method of payment will be by Cheque, so i will want you to give me your name and address with your phone number , so i can forward it to my client who is going to send you the Cheque and he will be send over your asking price so when you get the Cheque you just deduct your asking price from it and the remaining money will be send via western union money transfer to the international shipping company that will come for the pick up. So i will want you to give me your home address where the Cheque will be send to and your name that will be written on the Cheque. also your phone number so i can contact you as soon as the Cheque be send to you.

frank

LittleB
02-04-06, 01:53 AM
Wow...do they really think they are fooling people? I guess so or else they wouldn't do it. Good lookin out jl88!

Elvis
02-04-06, 02:06 AM
Just like the Nigerians who think they're related to me! I get two or three messages from them every day!

DopeStar 156
02-04-06, 04:35 AM
I don't trust anyone who spells check that way....

urbanski
02-04-06, 07:26 AM
yep same thing all over ebay

CIWS
02-04-06, 09:01 AM
Wow...do they really think they are fooling people? I guess so or else they wouldn't do it. Good lookin out jl88!

You know the sad thing is LittleB, there's always someone who will go for it. (fishing analogy) Out of a thousand casts, you'll get a bite or two. Hopefully most of us are smarter than your average fish. ;)

Lord Cadillac
02-04-06, 11:34 PM
All internet car classified sites are going through this problem. As long as you don't part with your goods without CASH IN HAND, you can't go wrong...