: My Most Awkward Car Ride

Kev
02-03-06, 06:41 PM
Many years ago when my wife and I were getting re-acquainted, we grew up in church together until the 2nd grade when her family moved out of state, her family was moving back into town and I took a ride with them to show them how things had changed.

They had a 78 two door Cutlass, her Dad was driving, Mom next to him, her mentally disabled brother on the back left, I on the right and my wife was in between. As we drove around my wife started fondling my ear, blowing in it and then kissing it lightly. She played with my hair and when I would turn her way she'd kiss my lips.

All this time her Dad is talking away about the town, work, the sites and such and I'm trying to carry on the conversation with him as though nothing was happening! As you can imagine, it started getting very warm in the back seat there! I'd keep looking at the rear view mirror to see if he was watching back at us.

Then we would get to a place where we wanted to get out and look around. My wife didn't understand why I was having such a difficult time getting out of the car and walking with them! She really had no idea the effect she was having on me!

Later she told me that her Dad asked her brother if we were kissing back there, his answer was; "Yeah."

What a ride that was! One I will never forget!

OffThaHorseCEO
02-03-06, 06:45 PM
haha dang, hey at least you didnt have it as bad as the guy on wedding crashers.

LittleB
02-03-06, 06:45 PM
:histeric: That is too funny/cute!

LittleB
02-03-06, 06:46 PM
haha dang, hey at least you didnt have it as bad as the guy on wedding crashers.

WOW..so true!!!

Kev
02-03-06, 06:51 PM
Talk about mixed emotions! A beautiful young woman giving me all those warm, tingly feelings up and down my spine literally behind her Father's back!

LittleB
02-03-06, 06:53 PM
How old were you? That is so funy...was her father a big man?

LittleB
02-03-06, 06:54 PM
at least he didn't pull out a shotgun! :D

Kev
02-03-06, 07:00 PM
We were both 23. Her Dad is 1" taller than I. The funny thing is, a lot of people are intimidated by him, especially guys who were interested in my wife. I was the only guy who wasn't and I think that really bothered him! I respected him and he liked and respected me.

LittleB
02-03-06, 07:04 PM
:canttalk: wow I thought this was a story from when you were like 10 or 11 or something LOL...

Kev
02-03-06, 07:21 PM
There was a second incident later that week. They went down to LA to see her Grandparents and I decided to drive down and meet them (really, I just wanted to spend a few more moments with her).

They lived in a small house not far from Culver City. Her Grandfather (retired) had worked in the movie business from the time he was 16, mostly for Paramount Studios. He had worked with many of the classic stars and knew many of them personally (he was a Key Grip and did everything from set design and construction to camera placement).

The small property reflected his years of working in the industry. The house was very small and modest looking from the front. The property was narrow but a nice length. The inside of the house was decorated with things that were discarded from various movie sets, wood siding, pictures, a few nick knacks. It was very interesting.

The back yard was lush with lots of different plants. Grandpa had quite the green thumb. There was a detached garage to the side and a small room by itself in the back, both reminded me of westerns and there were numerous interesting tid bits around the yard.

So, my wife and I were in the back yard and her Grandpa was telling me stories about where various things came from and who he had worked with. I'm standing there face to face with him and my wife was next to me. She was bored and wanted to bug me so she starts unbuttoning my shirt right there in front of him! Her Grandpa is just looking at me and talking away like everything is normal, meanwhile, I'm buttoning up my shirt and trying to keep my composure!

She's unbutton the thing again and I'd come right behind her and button it back up.

After I left for home and they went back into the house her Grandpa said to her parents; "I hope he likes her as much as she likes him."

LittleB
02-03-06, 07:24 PM
AHAHHAHAHAHHAAAA! :histeric:

Elvis
02-03-06, 07:39 PM
With all that going on, I would've married her too!

Good stories!

Kev
02-03-06, 07:42 PM
We were married in 1985, it's been a great 20 years!

Elvis
02-03-06, 07:50 PM
What young man hasn't been in the position of saying "give me a minute, I'll catch up with you," when asked to stand up abruptly?

Kev
02-03-06, 07:53 PM
I hate when that happens!!

Elvis
02-03-06, 07:55 PM
I hate when that happens!!

I miss when that happened. :helpless:

Kev
02-03-06, 08:00 PM
I miss when that happened. :helpless:So soon? Hey, come to think of it, now that you mention it, I guess I do too!

Elvis
02-03-06, 08:05 PM
I guess it could still happen. I just need a little help.

dbdartman
02-03-06, 09:51 PM
Reminds me of a strage girl by black-sheep brother dated when he was about 15. They would go out & her mother would chauffer them to & from where ever they went. What was STRANGE was that when their date was "done," her mom would drive them back to her house, then sit in the front seat of the car while the kids sat in the back seat, making out! :holycrap: The only reason I know about this is because my best friend from highschool lived across the street & saw this happen... MORE THAN ONCE! :nono:

I don't know about y'all, but that would just plain creep me out. :eek:

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view) he started dating another girl, who he eventually married (& allowed to start feuding with both sides of the family). :thepan:

Kev, glad it worked out for you. My X-father in law was intimidating also (a big, gruff retired Navy chief). I'm told I was the ONLY male she ever brought home to meet Dad that he actually approved of. I guess the fact that we both worked on bouy tenders in the service (I was Coast Guard) helped, but the first time we met I was working as a welder. The first question he asked me was, "How do you weld 304L to T-3036?" Since I admitted that I had only been in the business for a couple years, dealt with mainly 308L & 316L stainless steel, with a little carbon steel, & didn't try to BS him, we got along famously from that point on.

Elvis
02-03-06, 10:09 PM
when their date was "done," her mom would drive them back to her house, then sit in the front seat of the car while the kids sat in the back seat, making out! :holycrap:

I don't know about y'all, but that would just plain creep me out. :eek:

Yep, I'm creeped out just reading about it now! Sumpin' ain't RIGHT there!

I think all girls are looking for and want one of two things in a man:

1) their daddy, or

2) someone who can whoop their daddy.

NO in between.

Destroyer
02-03-06, 11:28 PM
Many years ago when my wife and I were getting re-acquainted, we grew up in church together until the 2nd grade when her family moved out of state, her family was moving back into town and I took a ride with them to show them how things had changed.

They had a 78 two door Cutlass, her Dad was driving, Mom next to him, her mentally disabled brother on the back left, I on the right and my wife was in between. As we drove around my wife started fondling my ear, blowing in it and then kissing it lightly. She played with my hair and when I would turn her way she'd kiss my lips.

All this time her Dad is talking away about the town, work, the sites and such and I'm trying to carry on the conversation with him as though nothing was happening! As you can imagine, it started getting very warm in the back seat there! I'd keep looking at the rear view mirror to see if he was watching back at us.

Then we would get to a place where we wanted to get out and look around. My wife didn't understand why I was having such a difficult time getting out of the car and walking with them! She really had no idea the effect she was having on me!

Later she told me that her Dad asked her brother if we were kissing back there, his answer was; "Yeah."

What a ride that was! One I will never forget!You are lying!!! I trust nobody now. Where is your proof!:lies:

Elvis
02-03-06, 11:32 PM
I've been in the back of a '78 Cutlass. It's tough to fit three back there, but possible.

Back then I don't think I would've needed the ear fondling, blowing, hair play, or kissing to have difficulty getting out of the car.

LittleB
02-03-06, 11:43 PM
No offence Kev, but you were like 22...and the ear blowing got you so you couldn't get out of the car right away, get it under control brothah!!!! :hide: Don't hurt me!!!!!!

Elvis
02-03-06, 11:51 PM
No offence Kev, but you were like 22...and the ear blowing got you so you couldn't get out of the car right away, get it under control brothah!!!! :hide: Don't hurt me!!!!!!

Give him a break. Kev was 22 in 1983. That's like 14 by today's standards. LIke they say, 30 is the new 20, etc...

Back then we didn't see as much action as kids do today! ;)

Still, I think that's a great story. I'm going to become a cyber-stalker and track down Kev's wife and show that thread to her. She'd think it was romantic and Valentine's day is right around the corner...

:devil:

LittleB
02-03-06, 11:52 PM
If you say sooooooooo.....

davesdeville
02-06-06, 05:03 AM

You don't even have one and you're telling him to get it under control? :tisk:

JimHare
02-06-06, 05:10 PM
Most AWKWARD? Well, it was in a car, but it wasn't moving...Never woulda thought the cops patrolled that old YMCA parking lot in the middle of the night.. LOL

Kev
02-06-06, 05:34 PM
No offence Kev, but you were like 22...and the ear blowing got you so you couldn't get out of the car right away, get it under control brothah!!!! :hide: Don't hurt me!!!!!!Listen, I hope the day never comes when she doesn't have that effect on me! That would truly be sad indeed.

Kev
02-06-06, 05:37 PM
You don't even have one and you're telling him to get it under control? :tisk:That's OK Dave, she reinforces my point that many women don't really understand the effect they have on us guys!

JimHare
02-06-06, 06:02 PM
That's OK Dave, she reinforces my point that many women don't really understand the effect they have on us guys!

Oh, I don't know about that, my brutha...from what I've heard (and learned) 99% of all women know EXACTLY what they're doing when the do that sort of stuff. They don't leave those blouse buttons undone by accident. I've heard it on more than one occasion, and from more than one reliable..co-conspirator..that unless they are TOTAL airheads (e.g. N. Ritchie, P. Hilton) then every little thing they do is a calculated move.

The trouble is, us guys (we guys? I can never remember) are so predictable, that it becomes a game amongst the fairer sex, if I can be so explicit in this family-friendly forum, to test our own awareness. We all know the girls check out the package - any who don't are lying, just like any of us who say

"What, honey? No, I didn't even notice her boobs.. " when quizzed by the little lady at our sides.

Never forget - it was EVE who took the apple, not Adam - and then she talked HIM into taking a bite... :stirpot:

LittleB
02-06-06, 06:42 PM
Oh, I don't know about that, my brutha...from what I've heard (and learned) 99% of all women know EXACTLY what they're doing when the do that sort of stuff.

Yep, we totally know what we are doing ;) :D :sneaky:

Elvis
02-07-06, 11:04 AM
Yep, we totally know what we are doing ;) :D :sneaky:

Then why don't they do it more?

nickc50310
02-07-06, 11:24 AM
What young man hasn't been in the position of saying "give me a minute, I'll catch up with you," when asked to stand up abruptly?

ironic that right as I read this I hear Eminem sayin, "the way you move it, you make my pee pee go doing doing doing" on "ass like that". LMAO, talk about ironic.

Elvis
02-07-06, 04:18 PM
ironic that right as I read this I hear Eminem sayin, "the way you move it, you make my pee pee go doing doing doing" on "ass like that". LMAO, talk about ironic.

And who says the great songwriters like Irving Berlin and Ira Gershwin are all dead?

DaveDeVille
02-07-06, 06:35 PM
On Sundays, I used to go pick up my Grandmother for dinner. You would probably have to know her to realize how nasty she really was. Well, one Sunday I picked her up in my brand new '82 Riviera (loaded). She made the remark that "This car is too nice for you" to which I countered "All I ever hear from you is a bunch of junk". She says, "Take me back home". I just kept on driving. Good thing it was a short ride. I was waiting for her to tell my dad but I never heard about it.