: I traded the 04 Silverado SS for an 04 V

thrift23
02-03-06, 02:02 PM
I finally made it to the dealership and after about 7 hours of test drives, haggling over prices, etc. I drove home in my black 04 CTS-v. It was storming on the way home so I didn't get to enjoy it as I had hoped. The car has 15k miles on it and it has new Nitto NT 555R tires.

Now I just have a few questions.

Where can I find the UUC shifter, who makes it, what makes it the most preferred?

Does the navigation just work off the dvd, or is there some type of membership?

How do I reprogram the driver seat to my settings?

What type of minor mods can be done withouht voiding the warranty (i.e. intake, exhaust, rear end helping mods)?

Is there anything recommended that I do as far as general maintenence?

I really want to buy some Zaino for the car but I noticed they have a few different packages which one would be the best? I like my car to look good and I don't mind working to get it there, but I just don't want anything that is too hard to use or difficut to understand.

Thanks for your help in advance.

ctsvett
02-03-06, 02:36 PM
www.cadillacfaq.com on most of your questions:

the others:

UUC can be purchased from Lindsay cadillac I believe (they are a supporting vendor/ dealership too!)

Navigation works off the DVD... no membership is required

See the FAQ

Mods: Its up to your dealer... some will allow a Maggie SC without any issues... it really depends.

See the FAQ

Buy the package that includes clay bar, Z1, Z2 and Z7... Start from scratch your first time (it will take a day or so to do, but its worth it)... Its not difficult to understand, its actually quite easy, its just time consuming to apply (but you are doing multiple coats) www.zainobros.com

Welcome!

Reed

CarToys
02-03-06, 04:06 PM
Also beware of mod fever. It'll empty your wallet!:stirpot:

thrift23
02-03-06, 05:15 PM
What is the difference of the UUC shifter and the stock shifter? Obviously a shorter throw, but is it a new knob or just the stick? How much is it? Is it better than the Katech?

StealthV
02-03-06, 05:19 PM
The UUC is a new stainless steel stick mounted in urethane for noise protection and has a quicker ratio. Call James and get one ASAP along with the "extra" bushings.

Worse than model airplanes and definitely snowmobiles... :D Congrats! :cheers:

rand49er
02-03-06, 07:58 PM
The UUC is a new stainless steel stick mounted in urethane for noise protection and has a quicker ratio.A new shifter is the best mod for the money, hands down.:bouncy:

heavymetals
02-03-06, 08:11 PM
Nothing is worse then model airplanes.:thepan:

Have you seen these yet?
http://www.jetcatusa.com/

Get a UUC shifter.