: Help me! I want this hearse!

brougham_geezer
02-02-06, 11:18 PM
don't know how many of you guys are coachbuilding experts, but I know you know your Cadillac specs/options/engines/problems etc.

my dad and I have always dreamt about owning a hearse. for show, for hauling our musical equipment, for shock value, etc.

just so happens I've got a lead right now on a 1980 that is for sale. it's a few hour drive from here (windsor ns) so I asked the guy if he could send me a few pictures, which he did. :) I want you guys to take a look, and tell me what you know about 1980 cads, their specs and problems. what radio do they have? engine? is the climate control electronic like my '89 and complicated? do they have level ride if it is a coach builder chassis?

the car was used in a funeral home for 14 years, and then stored in a barn for 10. the guy bought it in 2005, and now he's selling it. it has 80 000 km on it, which is only about 50 000 miles for you Americans. :p

things he has had done (in his words):

-new rad support
-new return fuel line
-new oil and filter
-new air filter -new exhaust from cat back
-couple new light bulbs in and out

issues with the car (in his words):

-washer sprayers dotn work
-defrost works but no other settings i don't think
-air conditioning is disconnected
-missing rollers in back
-will need new tires (the ones on it are the ones it was sitting on for 10 years)

the vehicle has some rust on the corner of the left tail fin, and some bizarre rust on the sides near the top of the back doors. the paint / vynil top are really nice and original. again, this car has always been stored indoors. blue/blue interior and white top.

$2900.00 Canadian

help me!

- Josh Noiles

brougham_geezer
02-02-06, 11:26 PM
here are some more:

davesdeville
02-03-06, 03:48 AM
1980 = 368ci (6.0L) - non V8/6/4, rated at 150hp and 265ft.lbs. In other words it's no 500ci, but it's no HT4100 either. It may have a sterio AM/FM radio, possibly with 8 track or casette and/or CB; then again it's a hearse so it might be pretty devoid of options.

DopeStar 156
02-03-06, 08:24 AM
I don't think there's anything electronic about a 1980. THat looks like a RWD Sedan de Ville though because of the V on the steering wheel. Looks like they just put a Fleetwood hood orniment on the front.

Junkman
05-03-06, 07:31 PM
Did you ever make the deal on this vehicle???? Inquiring minds need to know.. Junk..

creeker
05-04-06, 12:57 AM
I own a 1980 caddy coupe deville, it's been a good car, I wouldn't get too excited about this one, it looks pretty rough,especially for supposedly been stored in a barn for so many years,I dont know to what extent you want to fix it up, but I would bet at least $2000.00 to get it looking decent,that's even without a paint job.

Junkman
05-04-06, 01:02 AM
I own a 1980 caddy coupe deville, it's been a good car, I wouldn't get too excited about this one, it looks pretty rough,especially for supposedly been stored in a barn for so many years,I dont know to what extent you want to fix it up, but I would bet at least $2000.00 to get it looking decent,that's even without a paint job.

I am not in the market for any more cars, but I do know of people that are looking for good running hearses and ambulances. Junk.....

creeker
05-05-06, 12:03 AM
Look up "cadillac club of british columbia" website and look for movie cars,there's a beautiful 1980 caddy limo for sale at asking price of $3500.00.
theres another one for sale on another web site ,just as nice for $3500.00.
I know their not hearses but they are in the same category.

brougham_geezer
05-06-06, 12:27 PM
Junk, we made the 7 hour trip to get the hearse on May 3rd. She made it home without any problems. It took a few months of planning, bargaining and decision making. I didn't want to post or say anything until I had pictures to back it up. It's not in bad shape at all. The brakes are very weak however, and the tires are very very old. Other than that, it doesn't need much, and it's safe in our garage now. There are pictures in a new thread. Hope you like it! - Josh