: Why I love the V (the positive thread)!

ctsvett
02-02-06, 09:44 PM
Since there has been a lot of "negative" conversation going on here, I figured I would post a very positive thread. I know people come here to get help for their problems and that is ok, but I think we need to give credit where credit is due (GM are you listening?).

I really love my V because everytime I get in it and drive, I feel the power under my right foot (and I have no blower...). Its amazing that every schmo out there in a benz or a BMW "tries" to com after me (happened today). Who would have ever thought that they would be CHASING a caddy..

Oh, and despite what people say about the interior, I think it is very nice. It's WAY WAY better than the Impala SS I had. It's comfortable and roomy (ever been in a corvette or a camaro?) and has REAL seating for 4.

Yes, other cars may not have wheel hop or may do XX better or X better, I would still tell you that I am happy to have had my v for the past (coming up on) 2 years. Every car has compromises and has "issues" and I hope GM continues to address ours (see: wheel hop fix) so I will feel even better about my purchase in a few years. What GM wont do, the aftermarket will, however (see: Aussie diff/ Madman diff).

It does everything I want a car to do and has the best of ALL worlds in my mind (although I have not off roaded in the V).

Best two driving years of my life. I dont regret buying this car for a second...

Post YOUR POSITIVE experience in this thread.

Reed

homer403
02-02-06, 09:47 PM
I loved it when two months ago, an old man in an old Cadillac gave me a thumbs up :thumbsup: ... ok... that was wierd. But that aside.. I love the LS6... period. It makes me drool... gotta have that towel near when I go WOT :devil:

clashmin
02-02-06, 09:50 PM
i am so glad to see this thread! I have decided to buy a V but the more i was reading the more scared i got! Does anyone have a V that they don't beat on that has no problems and over 50,000 miles?

roadracerx72
02-02-06, 10:07 PM
Well I have owned my V now for about 6 months. I have had absolutely no problems with the V at all. Wheel hop is/was never an issue. Two smokie burnouts today with none whatsoever!! I love this car period. The day I test drove an 04 my plan in my little life was to get this car. No regrets. I'm trying to convince my father (retired GM) to buy one. He use to have a couple Hot Rods when I was growing up. My friends wives REALLY seem to love this car too!! :eyebrow: Luxury, Good looks and a monster for a motor!! :cloud9:

DILLIGAF
02-02-06, 10:08 PM
i am so glad to see this thread! I have decided to buy a V but the more i was reading the more scared i got! Does anyone have a V that they don't beat on that has no problems and over 50,000 miles?I'm halfway there and maggied-no problems,the car runs like a raped ape.I would buy another V in a heartbeat.I have drove pick-ups for 20 years as my daily drivers and almost forgot how much I love to drive.This car brings out the car guy in me.Of course my girl friend thinks I drive like a fn idiot and I need to grow up,oh well.My car makes me smile:cloud9:

CIWS
02-02-06, 10:15 PM
Just got my V back after 16 days with the dealership. It was 16 days of a return to the "hum-drum" drive to and from work. With my V I actually look forward to getting to drive to work and when I get off work my happy thought isn't "I'm done for the day" it is "I get to drive the V again !" I'm willing to bet it's a feeling most V pilots share.
:burn:

Florian
02-02-06, 10:27 PM
45+ K miles here, unbeaten V....a few issues, but none that makes me regret buying the V.

F

kjr39
02-02-06, 10:38 PM
Well, I've only had it a month and I've already had problems (new diff), but I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Puts a smile on my face every time I see it.

GT04CTS-V
02-02-06, 10:43 PM
Why I Love the V:

It's got a Huffer :shhh:, magnaflow, and an LS6 -

And it just looks friggen cool. Not many people know what it is. Did I mention that it has a LS6??? :cool2:

GT

Dennisscars
02-02-06, 10:49 PM
Reed,
Thanks for the positive spin, I have been pretty soured since the holiday V bashing and have lost interest in visiting here...

That being said, I'm happy with my car, been to the track (real tracks not a parking lot) at least 7 times with no problems. Last event was Laguna Seca and on the big boy track gentlemen, this car rocks! I will make it there as many times as time and $ permit. Am scheduled for at least 5 track events this year.

"Some do and those who cannot, simply biatch about it and about those who do..."

heavymetals
02-02-06, 11:00 PM
It is the closest thing to owning your own ride at Six Flags.

What a hoot.

crowan
02-02-06, 11:19 PM
Someone on this board described the V as having SOUL. What a perfect description. I have never driven a car that gave me so much and asked so little of me. My only regret is that I can't find enough opportunities to drive it. When I look out my window and see it in front of my house, I start thinking of reasons to go for a drive. This evening I jumped at the chance to blast to the supermarket to get my wife some ice cream. She just thinks I'm a great husband. Its a win-win baby!

The V gives me the all the fun of my departed Z06, but with more comfort than the vette could ever hope to deliver. What's that? The M5 is faster? Who cares? There is always something faster. I didn't chose the V for drag racing, but if I want more speed I can mod it for a bargain. Frankly, I like it just the way it is. The sound of the LS6 screaming "Who's your daddy!" though the the Corsa pipes is more than enough to put a constant smile on my face. I also like the fact that I don't see one on every block.

As another forum member often says, "Drive one and try to tell yourself you don't want one."

CR

RocketV
02-02-06, 11:40 PM
Here is one of my favorite stories about my V:
My wife and I went to dinner at Eddy Merlot's on the north side of Indy. When we came out after dinner, I saw that the valet had parked my V right in front. I must say I was flattered, and the V looked awesome having just been clay-barred, polished and waxed. Anyway... Another couple came out at the same time and I could tell the guy was a little disappointed that my V was in front and not his CLS500. As we drove off we both turned the same way and drove down he street like perfect gentlemen. At the first light he wove over to an empty lane and we both checked out each other's cars, giving nods of approval. (CLS's are attractive in my opinion) When the light turned green we both rolled away and I saw his nose raise out of the corner of my eye. Naturally the predator in me came surging forth and I stomped it. We drove away easily, but I did make sure the rear end twitched when I hit third, just to rub it in a little.
I understand that a CLS 500 is no match for a V, but added to the fact that they parked my car up front and not his, which probably cost 30 G's more, was very satisfying. Not many hot rods get treated like that, or treat the driver and passengers like the V.
Lastly, My wife's only comment was "You beat him by a lot". God love a supportive wife!

ochaole
02-03-06, 02:15 AM
i too love the V...had it for almost a year and not a regret...i took it to a fancy orange county spot a couple of weeks ago and had it valet parked...porsches,benzes, and a lot of other cars that cost a hell of a lot more than a V,,,,,long story short, when the valet returned my car, he tells me that is the "baddest" car ive ever driven......i tried hard not to grin but couldnt hold back the smile....my week was made by a valet parker....

Mutlu
02-03-06, 03:18 AM
I get bored of cars very easily and pretty much change them a year to year and half into the lease. I was getting kind of bored of the V and decided last minute to attend a track event last Thursday. After the track event I had a big smile on my face because my 4-door sedan was keeping up and passing all kinds of other cars, incl. Porsches, BMWs, etc.
I like the fact, that it can be a comfortable cruiser and a beast at the track. For the money there is really nothing that can touch it.

Joey'sVee
02-03-06, 03:38 AM
Yeah I love the V. I was glad to get mine back from the shop today.

:yawn:

CRZY747
02-03-06, 08:21 AM
This is more like it, I love my V and it is a great Vehicle with SOUL.

Don't need to say more.

I am also glad that we are hopefully getting back on a positive note and might actually see more posts about the V and what we are doing to get it were we want it.

Congrads to everyone on here that owns such a nice piece of machinery

J

willsctsv
02-03-06, 09:14 AM
This car put a smile on my face the first time I drove it. That was the test drive, screw the sales guy, the car sold itself.
I feel like I own the road every time I drive it. It's got balls, class and it's unique.
I can count on one hand how many V's I see in a year.
Driving takes on a whole new meaning in the V.

lasstss
02-03-06, 10:15 AM
It is the closest thing to owning your own ride at Six Flags.

What a hoot.

My feeling exactly... and with the maggie it scares the hell out of me:eek: !

I love it, nothing like having the V pull in 3rd& 4th like is does in 1&2....
Sit down, shut up and hooooollldddd on!

KTSwanson
02-03-06, 10:28 AM
My wife loves my V even more than I do, and she doesn't even get to drive it...because I now VOLUNTEER to drive the kids around to piano lessons, swim team, Boy Scouts, etc., just to have an excuse to take it out for another run...something that never happened with the SUVs we have!

wildwhl
02-03-06, 10:40 AM
Well, let's see.

Could it be because my wife thinks I'd like an M5 or 997 more and I don't? :yup:

Could it be because I can tinker with it to my heart's content and still not run out of "mods" to do? :yup:

Or could it simply be because it is an old man's pimp ride (Cadillac) that kicks the snot out of nearly everything else on the road, straightline or twisties, 3 passengers along for the six flags ride (heavymetals) and nobody had to pay an insulting admission price to do it? :yup:

I'm asked nearly every day by someone who doesn't know what kind of car it is, and how the hell I managed to stick a 'vette motor in it...you know it...the attention it grabs, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear scratch (maggiefied) and the wicked cornering abilities with a pretty damn nice interior, nearly every creature comfort I could want, and stying that doesn't look mangled to boot.

Wait a minute. Why am I typing this on a computer? I'm leaving for work and taking the long way (extra 30 miles) to allow my V time to love me back.

:burn:

keeksv
02-03-06, 11:22 AM
My feeling exactly... and with the maggie it scares the hell out of me:eek: !

I love it, nothing like having the V pull in 3rd& 4th like is does in 1&2....
Sit down, shut up and hooooollldddd on!

mmmmm...3rd gear with Maggie on board:cloud9:

Geno
02-03-06, 02:10 PM
I knew this car was the one for me as soon as I got my first glimpse at the 2003 NY Auto Show. As much as I llluuuvvvvvv'd my 2002 Z06, I had no choice, I just had to have a little bit of that "V". Now-a-days, I have my wife and I have my mistress....things couldn't be better!:lildevil: