: Installing Diablosport

04CTSVFLA
02-02-06, 07:23 PM
Did your guys' gauges swing back and forth when you installed your diablo? Also did you remove the 3 fuses it tells you to move? The reason I ask is because my answer to both of those is NO. I could not locate the fuses. In addition my nav unit/ac unit flashed a couple times during the install. Also a warning light came on my nav - it said "reduced engine power" but that went away after the install. IS THERE ANY REASON I SHOULD BE WORRIED....like i did it incorrectly????? Or am i A-OK?????? Please get back to me asap. Also, did you guys modify any parameters manually (beyond what the diablosport automatically changes)???? The only thing i changed manually was the cags. Should I also alter the fans on/off timing. Please let me know...thanks.

dannystang
02-02-06, 07:26 PM
Ask V-Series Tech on the other board...

He knows what to do.

The short answer no? make sure the car is off then follow the directions...

For some odd reason (as I notice you have an 04) the pcm didnt have vins in some of the o4's look at some old threads, diablosport did something funky so it would work on my car.

51PHFTY
02-02-06, 07:34 PM
For some odd reason (as I notice you have an 04) the pcm didnt have vins in some of the o4's look at some old threads, diablosport did something funky so it would work on my car.

Some of the early '05's also came without the VINs in the PCM (mine was one of them).

Marty

StealthV
02-02-06, 09:16 PM
When flashing the PCM in car, it will do all those crazy things on the dash because the communications on the buss between computers is being interrupted by the download process.

The number one piece of advice I can give is to shut the key off for at least 15 seconds after downloading the program. The PCM will continue to draw power for that long after the key is off and the waiting period will allow it to shutdown and reboot at next key on.

If it starts, you should be good to go.

1MEANV
02-02-06, 09:29 PM
Mine Also Did Not Have A Vin (05). I Had To Take It Back To The Dealer To Get The Vin Put Into It

StealthV
02-02-06, 09:57 PM
The reason to pull the fuses is to shut down modules such as On$tar and the NAV system to keep their communication off the vehicles network. This allows the download process to be as clean as possible with a reduced amount of traffic on the buss.

The V has a great deal of internal traffic with its bagillion computer modules.

04CTSVFLA
02-02-06, 09:57 PM
I mean it said "successful" for each thing I did. So Im guessing mine was okay with the Vin issue?I also assume I have the program loaded. The blocking out 1-4 worked! Should I change the fans?

dannystang
02-02-06, 10:32 PM
Oh you got successful your good to go.

Let the diablo sport guys mess with that stuff...

Now you need headers, Cat-back, and a maggie.

04CTSVFLA
02-02-06, 11:26 PM
i WISH.

alcast082
02-03-06, 02:27 AM
The same thing that happenned to you happenned to me,
reduce engine power etc...
your good to go.
NOT AN IMPRESSIVE MOD until tweaked but my mpg went up around 10 or 15 %, i'm happy about that.

04CTSVFLA
02-03-06, 09:44 AM
please clarify - "until tweaked"