: My dog is having surgery today...

LittleB
02-02-06, 02:27 PM
He is getting fixed and getting his baby teeth extracted (because small dogs sometimes don't loose their baby teeth on their own, he looks like a shark right now LOL). He is like my baby and I sam so sad today! :( I don't want him to be in any pain, and I know he is freaking out right now. I am trying to keep myself occupied at work (HAHA by being on here :D ) Anyway I am just praying that everything goes well and that after this he won't feel the need to mark EVERY SINGLE FREAKING LAWN that we walk by when I take him out for walks. He's gotta mark it all, and since he is a puppy he doesn't totally have the hang of it yet, so he will run out of fuel half way through our walks and then just fake it the rest of the way. He'll put his leg up but nothing comes out :histeric: AHAHAHHAHAHA! OK sorry, moving on, so here's a picture of my baby and DON'T MAKE FUN OF HIS SHIRT! :mad: :p ( I swear I rarely ever dress him!)

Elvis
02-02-06, 02:47 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............................. .........

He'll be okay. Don't worry, Mama.

LittleB
02-02-06, 02:50 PM
Thanks Elvis :D

Sandy
02-02-06, 02:56 PM
He's real cute, and I don't blame you for worrying about him.
So.... you say that sometimes he puts he leg out and nothing come out? Do I understnad THAT correctly ? Once I turned 55, once in a while, I have the same problem, so now I take a Flow-Max 3 times a week, and it ain't so weak!
:histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :sneaky:

{{jus tryin' to cheer ye up, Lil B }} {{ It's all good }}

Elvis
02-02-06, 03:02 PM
He's real cute, and I don't blame you for worrying about him.
So.... you say that sometimes he puts he leg out and nothing come out? Do I understnad THAT correctly ? Once I turned 55, once in a while, I have the same problem, so now I take a Flow-Max 3 times a week, and it ain't so weak!
:histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :sneaky:

{{jus tryin' to cheer ye up, Lil B }} {{ It's all good }}

I was afraid something like that was on the way!!! :histeric:

LittleB
02-02-06, 03:10 PM
LOL!!!!! AHAHAHHAAHAAA! :histeric: Yes he really does run out. He doesn't know how to guage how much he's got, and how much to let out. Halfway through our walk he always runs out but continues to lift his leg at each persons lawn...as if he is fooling people LOL.

Sandy
02-02-06, 03:16 PM
Wait! MAYBE that's MY trouble ! I'll try doin' it ON the neighbor's lawn, 'Ya think ?:cookoo:

gdwriter
02-02-06, 03:16 PM
I think it's harder on us than it is on our pets. My now 14-year-old cat Sage has had to have dental surgery a couple of times, and I'm usually a nervous wreck.

Hoover sends big, wet, sloppy kisses your way.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
02-02-06, 03:18 PM
We used to have one of those dogs when I was a kid.

Running out was not the problem mind...

<grin>

LittleB
02-02-06, 03:24 PM
LOL thanks you guys and a special thanks to Hoover for the doggie kisses :p

Funny how I would look at other people that gave kisses to their dogs or let them lick their popsicle and I always thought....EW!!!!!!!! It's always different with your own dog though, I love kisses from my lil baby JoJo!

axnguyen
02-02-06, 03:49 PM
Heh, he reminds me of my girlfriend's dog..same size, and same behaviour of running around pissing on just about everything. He knows not to piss on the cars at least.

Let us know if getting him fixed actually 'calms' him down as well! I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into getting her pooch fixed.

caddydaddy
02-02-06, 03:53 PM
Hope JoJo feels better!
Webster just finally lost all his baby teeth, and he's a little over a year old now! For a while there, he had 8 fangs, and I called him "Octofang!".

LittleB
02-02-06, 04:00 PM
Heh, he reminds me of my girlfriend's dog..same size, and same behaviour of running around pissing on just about everything. He knows not to piss on the cars at least.

Let us know if getting him fixed actually 'calms' him down as well! I'm trying to talk my girlfriend into getting her pooch fixed.

I'll let you know! I am really hoping it does calm him down, and prevent him from humping things :histeric:

LittleB
02-02-06, 04:02 PM
Hope JoJo feels better!
Webster just finally lost all his baby teeth, and he's a little over a year old now! For a while there, he had 8 fangs, and I called him "Octofang!".

Yeah JoJo looks so funny when he opens his mouth...lot's of teeth! He is 9 1/2 months now and his adult teeth started coming in I think about 4 months ago....I just figured if they were gonna fall out on their own they would've already.

LittleB
02-02-06, 04:03 PM
Did you know some doctors will actually put in prosthetic balls?!?! People are so crazy LOL

DaveDeVille
02-02-06, 04:05 PM
I'm sure he'll be okay. I hope so. I had a similar predicement yesterday when I cleaned out the fish tank and they had to spend an hour or so in a tuperware. They're okay now!

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
02-02-06, 04:10 PM
I always find it amusing that it's called getting a dog fixed when in reality, well, it's broken!

axnguyen
02-02-06, 04:21 PM
I'll let you know! I am really hoping it does calm him down, and prevent him from humping things :histeric:

Haha, we don't have a HUGE problem with him humping too often. He once humped her nephew (who's 7) and the nephew goes "Hey look Aunti, your dog is dancing with me!!!" I was in tears laughing..

What is tough is his excessive hyperness...is it just that all small dogs are like that? This one is half Chiwauwau and half Pommerianian, so he has energy like you wouldn't believe. The vet said he MIGHT calm down a LITTLE bit if we chop off his nuts. I say, anything to calm him down even just a bit is worth a shot!:alchi:

Kev
02-02-06, 04:27 PM
Haha, we don't have a HUGE problem with him humping too often. He once humped her nephew (who's 7) and the nephew goes "Hey look Aunti, your dog is dancing with me!!!" I was in tears laughing..

What is tough is his excessive hyperness...is it just that all small dogs are like that? This one is half Chiwauwau and half Pommerianian, so he has energy like you wouldn't believe. The vet said he MIGHT calm down a LITTLE bit if we chop off his nuts. I say, anything to calm him down even just a bit is worth a shot!:alchi:I wouldn't count on him calming down all that much. It's inherent in many small dog breeds, especially in Terriers. Chiwauwaus tend to be pretty nervous and high strung and Pommeranians are typically high energy dogs too, generally speaking.

axnguyen
02-02-06, 04:32 PM
Yeah, that's the problem. Ah well, they're not my nuts so it's worth a shot :D

LittleB
02-02-06, 04:40 PM

What is tough is his excessive hyperness...is it just that all small dogs are like that? This one is half Chiwauwau and half Pommerianian, so he has energy like you wouldn't believe. The vet said he MIGHT calm down a LITTLE bit if we chop off his nuts. I say, anything to calm him down even just a bit is worth a shot!:alchi:

My dog doesn't really hump either...THANK GOD! I caught him a few times humping his bed, but no people!

Yeah it's a terrier thing...I don't think he will calm down much either, but it might help a LITTLE.

peterb
02-02-06, 04:48 PM
...He is like my baby and I sam so sad today!
Hey, quit worrying quite so much, mom! He'll be fine!

so he will run out of fuel half way through our walks and then just fake it the rest of the way. He'll put his leg up but nothing comes out
Hey, they all do that!

here's a picture of my baby and DON'T MAKE FUN OF HIS SHIRT!
Awww, isn't he sweet .. and no, I won't comment on the shirt!:bigroll:

gdwriter
02-02-06, 04:51 PM
LOL thanks you guys and a special thanks to Hoover for the doggie kisses :p

Funny how I would look at other people that gave kisses to their dogs or let them lick their popsicle and I always thought....EW!!!!!!!! It's always different with your own dog though, I love kisses from my lil baby JoJo!

Hoover's not a big licker, but the only time I mind is when I accidentally get Frenched.

Both of my cats will nuzzle and lick my hands. Sage sometimes licks my nose when I'm laying in bed. It's sweet, although sometimes I think she's trying to clean my face.

Kev
02-02-06, 04:53 PM
...so he will run out of fuel half way through our walks and then just fake it the rest of the way. He'll put his leg up but nothing comes out...Hey, consider the capacity here, do the math! It's obvious that the length of your walks far exceeds the capacity of his bladder, I mean, how much can the little guy hold anyway?!

Boombotz
02-02-06, 04:58 PM
I am sure your little baby will be just fine. My goodness he is cute.
P.S. I like the shirt. I want a little dog just like that. Tommy wants a big one.

LittleB
02-02-06, 04:59 PM
Yeah accidentally getting frenched is not cool! LOL

Kevo, you do have a point but if he wouldn't let out so much in the beginning it would last longer....you'd be surprised as to how much he can hold though! It would also help if he didn't mark EVERYONES LAWN!

FSU_Noles
02-02-06, 05:00 PM
I always find it amusing that it's called getting a dog fixed when in reality, well, it's broken!

The new term being used here is "altered", we got a new puppy for my daughter's xmas present and many of the ones we looked at were "altered".

LittleB
02-02-06, 05:01 PM
My boyfriend had always had big dogs and it was his idea to get a small one..that way they can be with you in the house! I am glad we didn't get a big one because I know he definitely wouldn't get as much attention...

Elvis
02-02-06, 05:01 PM
http://www.neuticles.com/webpics/anilogoc2.gif

http://www.neuticles.com/

LittleB
02-02-06, 05:03 PM
oh lord LOL

Kev
02-02-06, 05:07 PM
http://www.neuticles.com/webpics/anilogoc2.gif

http://www.neuticles.com/Soon to come out are the models with GPS/ID and I hear you can even tune in the weather band with them!

Elvis
02-02-06, 05:07 PM
You could get him a set of these to replace what was removed...

http://www.bumpernuts.com/IMG_0126.JPG

http://www.bumpernuts.com/

Kev
02-02-06, 05:09 PM
The new term being used here is "altered", we got a new puppy for my daughter's xmas present and many of the ones we looked at were "altered".So, what?! We have to be politically correct with dogs now?!! :banghead:

Oi vey!! :helpless:

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
02-02-06, 05:11 PM
Pommeranians are typically high energy dogs too

I thought that was a small fruit...

:thepan:

axnguyen
02-02-06, 05:12 PM
Please don't judge me, but I find those bumpernuts extremely funny.

Kev
02-02-06, 05:14 PM
I thought that was a small fruit...

:thepan:Now now! No reason to bring sexual preference into the mix here! :tisk:
:stirpot:
:p

Kev
02-02-06, 05:16 PM
Please don't judge me, but I find those bumpernuts extremely funny.What I'm wondering is.... what level of inadequacy would drive someone to purchase and install them on their vehicle? :suspense:

FSU_Noles
02-02-06, 05:17 PM
So, what?! We have to be politically correct with dogs now?!! :banghead:

Oi vey!! :helpless:

Well.... I don't suppose we don't have to be. I am not much for political correctness in any setting, especially when it comes to domesticated animals.

:rant2:

BTW - Little B, hope your dog comes through the procedure just fine...

axnguyen
02-02-06, 05:17 PM
What I'm wondering is.... what level of inadequacy would drive someone to purchase and install them on their vehicle? :suspense:

I can't answer your question, but I just scrolled up to look at them again, and again burst out laughing. Too funny!:histeric:

Kev
02-02-06, 05:24 PM
I can't answer your question, but I just scrolled up to look at them again, and again burst out laughing. Too funny!:histeric:I actually see quite a few of those around where I live, usually on trucks or large SUV's.
I remember doing a "What the..?!" double take the first time I saw one of those swingin from below a truck. It did give me a pretty good chuckle!

axnguyen
02-02-06, 05:26 PM
So there's people who do actually buy those things...amazing...simply amazing...

Kev
02-02-06, 05:26 PM
Indeed.

Kev
02-02-06, 05:30 PM
I'm guessing they are quite popular in most of the southern states in the contiguous USA... :D

LittleB
02-02-06, 05:45 PM
I've seen a few of those bumper nuts on big trucks....I think it's pretty gross :bigroll: but still funny :histeric:

LittleB
02-02-06, 07:27 PM
OK UPDATE:

JoJo is fine, he is already awake and barking at everyone for attention. The doctor said "He must be spoiled!" to which I responded "GUILTY!!!" haha anyway so they are sending him home with pain meds and a cone (oh brother) and everything went smoothly. I am going to leave work a little early to go get him. Thanks for the support guys!

Kev
02-02-06, 08:44 PM
OK UPDATE:

JoJo is fine, he is already awake and barking at everyone for attention. The doctor said "He must be spoiled!" to which I responded "GUILTY!!!" haha anyway so they are sending him home with pain meds and a cone (oh brother) and everything went smoothly. I am going to leave work a little early to go get him. Thanks for the support guys!Only a female would say such a thing about this type of opperation...:ill:

axnguyen
02-02-06, 11:13 PM
Haha, get a picture of him with the cone!!!

LittleB
02-03-06, 12:54 AM
Why? so you can laugh as my baby's expense?! HAHA good idea actually...I laughed at first but he is in so much pain and I just feel so bad for him! :(

Kev
02-03-06, 01:05 AM
Oh, the horror! :nono: You realize he may never really forgive you for emasculating him like that! Oh, the poor little guy.....

LittleB
02-03-06, 01:17 AM
Oh come on he doesn't even know that his manhood was altered!! He just knows he is in pain LOL....don't make me feel bad this is for his own good, I am giving him a healthier life, because of this he will live 2-3 years longer dammit!!!!!!

:D

Kev
02-03-06, 01:39 AM
Oh come on he doesn't even know that his manhood was altered!! He just knows he is in pain LOL....don't make me feel bad this is for his own good, I am giving him a healthier life, because of this he will live 2-3 years longer dammit!!!!!!

:DWell, maybe.... OK, I'll cut you a break this one time but, don't ever do that to the poor little guy again, OK?! :duck:

axnguyen
02-03-06, 10:47 AM
Aww..poor guy. How old is he right now? And how long is the pain supposed to last?

I know if it were me, that's the kinda pain that would never ever go away..

Patrick7997
02-03-06, 11:17 AM
A Yorkshire Terrier. Very nice. I used to have one. Fantastic doggie.

I have a real soft spot for small doggies. Don't worry LittleB, he'll be fine. You're doing the best thing for him. He's gonna have a longer, happier, healthier life.

He won't stop humping tho, sorry to break that to you....

Tomorrow is one year since my little buddy "Fritz" passed away. He was a tiny Toy Poodle, 5 lbs. He was a champ. A rescue. He had a very tough start in life, he was given no chance to live at age 2, but he survived to be 16 when kidney & heart problems did him in. I was actually injecting him with 100 ml's of Normosol-R once a day for the last 6 months. It really helped him, he was doing great. But eventually, it was too much, his little kidneys just shut down.

He had a great life though. I took him on Harley rides, we went to Florida, he did it all.

Your doggie will be fine. Give him a big hug, and cherish every day....

axnguyen
02-03-06, 11:59 AM
Haha, a little terrier going for Harley rides...I'd love to see that, sounds cute.

Patrick7997
02-03-06, 12:21 PM
tucked him in the front of my jacket, so his head was sticking up, like in front of my neck/upper chest. He loved it. 10 times as good as sticking his head out the car window.....

Rolled up to a stoplight once, and this Golden Retriever is standing on the sidewalk.... I swear, he looks, and then does a double-take when he sees Fritz....

Fritz is just looking at him, like "Whaddaya doin' walking, when you could be riding????"

The Golden REtirever looks at his owner, like "How come THAT dog gets to ride, and I have to walk???"

I can see little Jojo, cruising in the CTS, head out the window, bigger than life in the Caddy....Haha! Yorkies are pretty impressed with themselves anyway... this doggie is going to think he's the king of the world by the time he's 2..... if he doesn't already!

Ahhh, little doggies are the greatest.....(sigh)...

LittleB
02-03-06, 01:28 PM
Well that doctor LIED TO ME! "Oh JoJo is up and jumping around etc." UHHHH NOOOO! He was crying, and miserable. He cried ALL EFFING NIGHT, and I am so exhausted. It's hard to hear your baby cry all night, he is in a lot of pain, and that stupid cone on his head doesn't help. I feel so bad for him, the only reason I came into work is because I can't stand to hear him cry anymore :( I am in a super bad mood today!

Patrick, your little Fritz sounds like he had it made with you! They sure are great, JoJo is my little bundle of joy (well, not today LOL). I don't take him many places because he doesn't like car rides too much, I should get him used to it though...I'd love to see him with his head sticking out the window :p

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
02-03-06, 03:04 PM
Poor little guy.

I think every guy on here is wincing reading this!

Oh come on he doesn't even know that his manhood was altered!!

Oh I bet he does!

I'm sure he'll be ok in a week or so.

LittleB
02-03-06, 03:24 PM
Yeah I know he'll recover quickly but I never imagined he would cry all night..poor baby!!!!

Elvis
02-03-06, 03:28 PM
I don't think there is that much pain. Maybe something else was bothering the little guy? (meaning the dog, not the altered member)

I had to get my two boyz neutered (the wife demanded it) and they really didn't seem to mind it that much.

Spaying a female is much more serious surgery.

LittleB
02-03-06, 03:49 PM
Well he did get 8 teeth extracted as well. I think he was just traumatized, it might not be the pain itself...

Kev
02-03-06, 03:52 PM
Well he did get 8 teeth extracted as well. I think he was just traumatized, it might not be the pain itself...Man! You had him smacked around on both ends pretty good B!

OK, I'm sorry. I know this is painful for you as well. :p

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
02-03-06, 03:52 PM
Yeah I know he'll recover quickly but I never imagined he would cry all night..poor baby!!!!

That would not be nice to have to listen to.

Kev
02-03-06, 03:55 PM
Well he did get 8 teeth extracted as well. I think he was just traumatized, it might not be the pain itself...Hey, on a serious note, how about trying some ambisol on his gums? Maybe a quick call to the Vet to make sure it might actually help and not hurt him first.

Elvis
02-03-06, 03:58 PM
It will work. I have experience in that area.

LittleB
02-03-06, 04:11 PM
I know stop getting on me Kev!!! LOL you aren't making this any easier :p

Well they gave me pain medication to give him twice a day...not sure how much it helps but that's an idea!

Kev
02-03-06, 04:20 PM
I know stop getting on me Kev!!! LOL you aren't making this any easier :pI know I know! If I were a dog I'd probably be some sort of Terrier mix, maybe a little guy like JoJo. I'd think I'm much bigger than I really am and won't let go to save my life on any tug-of-war game!
Hey, maybe that's why I relate to him so much?

Oh, I'm just playin with you Megan, you know that. If I didn't like you I wouldn't tease you. It's all good.

Elvis
02-03-06, 04:25 PM
New thread on the way...

Sandy
02-03-06, 06:55 PM
Whoa, wait a minute. EIGHT TEETH, and TWO TESTICELS and you are surprised that he was up crying all night ?? Me? I'd be up crying for a month !! Somehow I thought it was 2 teeth..... But, no >>> EIGHT ?!?!?!

Eight teeth hanked and a hedge cutter to his balls ?

:bang2: :gun2: :blasted: :horse: :brutal: :gun:

And you & the Dr. want him to be:---:dance:

He'll be a bit better by Saturday afternoon. It's gonna take a week.

Did the Dr give you liquid nurishment or some kinda soft mush food for him ?

I feel sorry for you & especially JoJo. If taking them "off" will make him live longer, perhaps Sandy should consider it......

LittleB
02-03-06, 07:06 PM
LOL I believe taking them off only makes you live longer if you are a DOG! Which you might be, who knows?! :p j/k

Hey don't get me wrong, I don't want him to be hurting at all, but when you put a little dog like that under, there is always a chance he won't wake up, or there could be complications. It was recommended that it all be done at once. They just gave me pain meds, and I fed him chicken last night, which I will probably do again tonight. His teeth actally do seem fine, he ate some of his hard food and was chewing on one of his bones for a minute.

peterb
02-03-06, 08:44 PM
...I am so exhausted. It's hard to hear your baby cry all night, he is in a lot of pain, and that stupid cone on his head doesn't help. I feel so bad for him...
Awww, poor JoJo and poor LittleB! Here's a hug for the two of you - :grouphug:

My cat has just been for a medical check up today - she's 16 years old and needs to go back to have her teeth de-scaled and trimmed, under a general anaesthetic. :(

Sandy
02-03-06, 09:27 PM
"" you are a DOG! Which you might be ""

WOOF WOOF GGggggRAAAAARGRrrrr raaaaAAA WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
(TIME OUT) I gotta go hump sumpin.......

LittleB
02-03-06, 11:50 PM
Peterb, I hope your baby won't be in too much pain after. Good luck!

Sandy....go ahead and hump, as long as it isn't someones leg :D

Sandy
02-04-06, 12:23 AM
Whew, Okay, done humpin.....

LittleB
02-04-06, 12:25 AM
Was it good?

Elvis
02-04-06, 12:28 AM
Was it good?

The WORST I ever had was wonderful.

LittleB
02-04-06, 12:35 AM
OK I had to read that twice LOL...meaning the BEST must be out of this world/an out of body experience/ecstasy ?

Elvis
02-04-06, 12:36 AM
Pictures on the wall were all knocked askew...

Paint peeled...

Neighborhood dogs HOWLED...

The seizmograph at the University of Memphis had to be re-callibrated.

LittleB
02-04-06, 12:42 AM
OK I believe all of the above EXCEPT the following:
Paint peeled
The seizmograph at the University of Memphis had to be re-callibrated.

Elvis
02-04-06, 12:53 AM
That's good enough for me. You bought 50%

Check their records--January 18th, 1991. 11:08 CST

LittleB
02-04-06, 12:56 AM
"Bought" huh? "Bought" implies that you were not telling the truth...STOP LYING TO ME ELVIS!!!!! If that is your real name :bigroll: AHHAHAHAAA!!!

Elvis
02-04-06, 01:10 AM
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

January 18th, 1991. 23:08 CST.

35*02'41"N
089*37'02"W

There. That's total honesty. Anyone with a GPS can come right to my patio now.

LittleB
02-04-06, 01:12 AM
Uh oh you messed up...some stalker is gonna show up at your door!

So on January 18th there must've been an earthquake or something? Lets be real, it wasn't caused by your "out of this world" love making ;) LOL

LittleB
02-04-06, 01:13 AM
Oh wait, do they even have earthquakes in Memphis...nevermind, I forget that they don't happen everywhere.

Elvis
02-04-06, 01:27 AM
Oh wait, do they even have earthquakes in Memphis...nevermind, I forget that they don't happen everywhere.

Google "new madrid" fault.

It's scary.

Some crackpot predicted an earthquake for December of 1990.

He missed it by a month. ;)

Funny, only two people reported anything unusual. :D

LittleB
02-04-06, 01:28 AM
LMAO!!! That is hilarious! I googled it...and I see!

Elvis
02-04-06, 01:30 AM
There's a large, shallow lake in the northwest corner of Tennessee that was created by the 1810 earthquake.

Bald eagles nest there for the winter. I've only been there once, but I saw a dozen bald eagles up close.

Seeing a bald eagle in person is an awesome feeling.

LittleB
02-04-06, 01:32 AM
Yeah that would be crazy...interesting stuff!

Elvis
02-04-06, 01:33 AM
Back on topic, how is JoJo tonight?

LittleB
02-04-06, 01:39 AM
He is actually much better. Still crying here and there. I took off his little cone for a while but he started to lick the area so I put it back on. I gave him some of my left over steak (since it's hard for him to eat his dry dog food). I think we might actually sleep tonight :thumbsup:

One thing I noticed though, and I have to kick som ass for this one, is that they cut the hair on his ears! I have no clue why, and I am very upset about it. I know it will grow back but it's the principal! Most yorkie owners shave the hair on the hears to help them stand up, but his stand up fine, and I loved the long hair on his ears, I am very pissed. This ONTOP of them trying to charge me double what the quote was for the operation...trust me I took care of that one LOL

Elvis
02-04-06, 01:42 AM
He is actually much better. Still crying here and there. I took off his little cone for a while but he started to lick the area so I put it back on. I gave him some of my left over steak (since it's hard for him to eat his dry dog food). I think we might actually sleep tonight :thumbsup:

One thing I noticed though, and I have to kick som ass for this one, is that they cut the hair on his ears! I have no clue why, and I am very upset about it. I know it will grow back but it's the principal! Most yorkie owners shave the hair on the hears to help them stand up, but his stand up fine, and I loved the long hair on his ears, I am very pissed. This ONTOP of them trying to charge me double what the quote was for the operation...trust me I took care of that one LOL

Sometimes they cut the hair out of the inside of the ears because it can lead to yeast infections.

You shouldn't have to leave the cone on much longer. Probably tomorrow night or Sunday morning. Give him a distraction like one of those little rawhide chew toys. They look like little cigars. He'll love it. (but not too frequently)

LittleB
02-04-06, 01:47 AM
I know the hair INSIDE the ear can lead to infectins etc... but this is the outside, and I don't think it is OK for them to just cut his hair. They already butchered his nice hair by shaving off 3 big patches total from the IV's...so unnecessary! Anyway, the vet said to leave the cone on for a week, but like you said, i think he will be OK maybe by Sunday..we'll see and i'll keep an eye on it. He has rawhides and other toys but I think his mouth still hurts a little.

Elvis
02-04-06, 01:49 AM
I think his mouth still hurts a little.

Forgot about that. Hindsight tells me he shouldn't have had both surgeries at the same time. But who could've known?

I hate those collars, but sometimes there's nothing else you can do. You can't supervise him 24/7.

LittleB
02-04-06, 01:55 AM
I know I feel bad for them both being done at once but the vet said it was better (not to mention cheaper..you don't even want to know how much they charged me for his operation). She said there is risk putting them under and that I shouldn't do it twice, although that could be a load of crap. At least it will all be done now. When I told her he was still crying she seemed shocked and told me that the pain meds she gave me are very strong and she seems to think he must just be so traumatized...not so much in pain.

He is sleeping now though, thank god. I think he is used to the cone now that he has had it on for a full day. Oh he looks so funny, poor little guy!

Elvis
02-04-06, 02:24 AM
She said there is risk putting them under and that I shouldn't do it twice, although that could be a load of crap.

It's not a load of crap, so don't worry about that. It probably is better to get it all over with now.

I lost a good cat to anesthesia once. Some kind of allergic reaction.

I had a really old dog that needed some minor dermatologic (is that right) surgery. The vet and I took care of it together using just local anesthetics. It was hard work, but we knew she was with us the whole time. She lived another three years after that.

Just hang on for the next couple of days. It will be hard but you'll bond with him a little more. When it's all over you won't have to think about operations again for a long time. Maybe never again.

LittleB
02-04-06, 02:28 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear that bout your cat! That's sad!

I am already pretty bonded with my dog, he is my life!! LOL, it would be scary if we bonded any more :p I have never been this way with an animal before!

Yeah he is done with shots and being fixed, so unless god forbid something happens, he doesn't have to go back for a long time. (well once a year for a shot).

peterb
02-04-06, 10:44 AM
Peterb, I hope your baby won't be in too much pain after. Good luck!
Thanks Meg! She's been booked in for Thursday - I'll let you all know how it goes! As you suggest, the owner suffers (almost?) as much as their pet!

LittleB
02-04-06, 12:58 PM
So true! In that case I wish you both luck!! Somehow I think cats might be better at stuff like this than dogs, but I don't know that for sure.

peterb
02-04-06, 08:52 PM
So true! In that case I wish you both luck!!
Thanks!

Somehow I think cats might be better at stuff like this than dogs, but I don't know that for sure.
Well, she's certainly had lots of practice! I think it must be at least five times she's had a general anaesthetic, so far! The vet just laughs every time he sees her!

The worst occasion was when she ripped all the skin off her belly, having got caught up on barbed wire. A neighbour brought her to us, with a foot of barbed wire still attached - he'd used a hacksaw to cut her away from the fence. She looked like a skinned rabbit, and I really thought that she would have to be put down. Thanks to the dedication of the vet, she was put back together (at great expense), but confined to the house for about nine months. She had to wear the conical collar for six months!

Next time we get an animal, we'll probably consider taking out insurance!

LittleB
02-04-06, 08:55 PM
Yikes poor baby! Well she is a pro by now :thumbsup: she is very brave!

peterb
02-04-06, 09:03 PM
... she is very brave!
Not so sure about the bravery ... she just doesn't get any choice in the matter (aren't we cruel? :lildevil: )!

Kev
02-08-06, 06:40 PM
Hey Megan, time for an update, some of us here want closure! How's little JoJo doing these days?

LittleB
02-08-06, 06:43 PM
Well now that it has been almost a week he is completely back to normal! He is the cutest lil guy! i still haven't taken him for a walk yet (ya know, to see if it calmed down the marking) but I plan to maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Kev
02-08-06, 06:46 PM
I hope you are taking him or are planning to take him to obedience training. You both will be so much happier if you do. Are you training him to 'heel' on walks or are you just letting him go where he pleases?

LittleB
02-08-06, 06:48 PM
We don't cross the street, we just go around the block so he is not being taught "heel" yet. I've heard great things about obedience training but haven't done it and honestly probably won't. He knows sit, jump, lay down, NO!, and come. He is very smart though and if he thinks I don't have a treat he may not do it LOL

Kev
02-08-06, 06:51 PM
You should consider it, check with your local animal control center or pet shop and get in touch with a trainer, ask them what you will learn and what the benefits are. You might be pleasantly surprised.

LittleB
02-08-06, 06:56 PM
Oh I know it's a wonderful thing, I have heard many positives...

peterb
02-08-06, 10:13 PM
Well, my cat's had her food taken away this evening in preparation for her operation tomorrow! :(

I think she'll be a bit upset that she doesn't get fed in the morning!

I'll let you know how she gets on.

LittleB
02-08-06, 10:22 PM
Awww poor kitty! I hope all goes well!

axnguyen
02-09-06, 02:30 PM
You should consider it, check with your local animal control center or pet shop and get in touch with a trainer, ask them what you will learn and what the benefits are. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I tried getting my girlfriend to take her dog to obedience school. She argued that she got the dog to have as a friend, not a robot.:bigroll:

Well, I began training him on my own (he was 3 years old when I first encountered him and would barely acknowledge any commands at all). She was impressed when I was able to tell him to "sit" and "stay"

After seeing that it was indeed helpful to have at least some control over him, she's agreed to look into obedience training. :thepan:

LittleB
02-09-06, 02:51 PM
LOL! Yeah my baby is my friend also but I do believe in having control as well.

nickc50310
02-09-06, 02:57 PM
He'll be Ok! My girlfriend has two yorkies also (they now live with her grandparents). She keeps tryin to get me to get a little dog. Im a big dude so I need a big dog! :lildevil: Im thinkin Rottweiler! Hhehe, shed kill me. We have partially agreed on an Australian Shepherd.

LittleB
02-09-06, 03:19 PM
My boyfriend is a big manly guy and he always had pitbulls, so when we were looking for a dog, naturally I thought it was going to have to be a pit, but surprisingly he had a change of heart. It was HIS idea to get the yorkie. He said he wanted a dog that could be in the house with us all of the time and be on the couch with us etc. He loves our little guy!

peterb
02-09-06, 03:30 PM
Awww poor kitty! I hope all goes well!
Thanks! Well, she's home now - a little subdued and very hungry! She's had three teeth out, and the rest cleaned! At least she made it, and we hope she's not going to need any more operations - at 16 y/o, she's getting near the end of her life.

LittleB
02-09-06, 03:34 PM
I am so glad to hear that everything went OK!! Hopefully she will be back to normal soon enough.

peterb
02-09-06, 03:40 PM
Thanks for your concern, Meg! :)

LittleB
02-09-06, 03:43 PM
Hey, I am an animal lover, I can't help it ;) the same goes to you for caring about my little guy!

Kev
02-09-06, 03:47 PM
My wife's Aunt had a cat that lived over 20 years. I forget exactly how old she was and hesitate to guess because I don't think many people would believe me.

LittleB
02-09-06, 03:49 PM
Wow that's amazing!

Kev
02-09-06, 04:03 PM
Yeah, the cat always did very well when I saw her during visits. You would never have guessed her age by looking at her and she never acted it!

LittleB
02-09-06, 04:05 PM
Well that's very interesting. She must've saved up her 9 lives...either that or it was something in the water! lol j/k

Elvis
02-09-06, 06:29 PM
I have a cat in my office. She's been here 15+ years.

Very possessive.

LittleB
02-09-06, 07:06 PM
Awww you have one in your office? That is so neat. I wish I could have my puppy at work with me!

LittleB
02-09-06, 10:17 PM
OK! This thread has gone on long enough!

Excuse me?! :thehand: Someone hold me back......seriously :want:

LittleB
02-09-06, 10:20 PM
Keyword "future".

terrible one
02-09-06, 11:40 PM
Bring it on B!!!!! You wanna tangle with a future muscle headed freak that you see in the other thread?

Dude, you suck. :highfive:

Elvis
02-09-06, 11:51 PM
Hahaha, your 16. I would love to beat the shit out of you.

You're done. Goodnight.

DopeStar 156
02-09-06, 11:54 PM
You saw my "now" pic though. I can't think of anyone on this forum that would want to throw down with me. Can you?
Right here.

mccombie_5
02-09-06, 11:56 PM
Yeah I think I could take him. here too, youre going to be busy arent you Pete.

Elvis
02-09-06, 11:58 PM
I think he's gone now.

mccombie_5
02-10-06, 12:01 AM
I think he's gone now.

Good. I was tired of outsmarting him :p

:thumbsup:

Thanks Elvis :D

DopeStar 156
02-10-06, 12:02 AM
I think he's gone now.
Fine work King, fine work. :thumbsup:

Elvis
02-10-06, 12:02 AM
I'm a little slow sometimes. Sorry it went on so long.

mccombie_5
02-10-06, 12:03 AM

He got hsi fair trial.

1 2 3 and youre out.

DopeStar 156
02-10-06, 12:06 AM
Can't be everywhere right? What'd you do ban the kid?

terrible one
02-10-06, 12:09 AM
Me and mccombie could have taken him!

Elvis
02-10-06, 12:13 AM
Cabin fever, rearing its ugly head again.

I like winter now. Didn't used to, but it really mellows me out. Some people just get ornery.

slk230mb
02-10-06, 12:24 AM
Can't be everywhere right? What'd you do ban the kid?

He's a Super Mod, he gets that power.

DopeStar 156
02-10-06, 12:30 AM
For some reason I'm stuck on page 7 here... I can't see the 8th page.

Lord Cadillac
02-10-06, 12:33 AM
For some reason I'm stuck on page 7 here... I can't see the 8th page.
This is page 8. You're on it...

DopeStar 156
02-10-06, 12:37 AM
I wanna see page 8!!!!!! LOL!

Lord Cadillac
02-10-06, 12:41 AM
Am I the only one who can see page 8? Anyone who sees this, please let me know...

eldorado99
02-10-06, 12:42 AM
This is page 8 for me.

danbuc
02-10-06, 12:42 AM
I can see it...

edit:I missed all the fun. I didn't even get one crack at that Pete guy.....man that could have been some fun. Oh well, another day, another troll.

Lord Cadillac
02-10-06, 12:44 AM
Okay. For some strange reason, SOME people can't see this page.. Particularly Dopestar and SLK...

Elvis
02-10-06, 12:45 AM
It's a bug. Call the Sandman!

I'm glad you swept up all those broken beer bottles and bongs. It was starting to get really messy in here.

Smells better now, too.

Elvis
02-10-06, 12:46 AM
And yes, I can see page 8.

Kev
02-10-06, 12:46 AM
Am I the only one who can see page 8? Anyone who sees this, please let me know...I can't see this..... OK, I can. Just messin.

Geeze, I'm usually here most of the time, leave for a few hours and I miss all the excitement! :helpless:

DopeStar 156
02-10-06, 12:48 AM
Ok I see it now,thank you. *Hug and Pleasant grin*

slk230mb
02-10-06, 12:49 AM
I see it too, but where did my last reply go.

Elvis
02-10-06, 12:52 AM
I can't see this..... OK, I can. Just messin.

Geeze, I'm usually here most of the time, leave for a few hours and I miss all the excitement! :helpless:

I ALWAYS missed the excitement before tonight.

Now I think I prefer missing it. :suspense: :want:

LittleB
02-10-06, 02:29 AM
I see page 8 :D

Man thank god he is gone, what an idiot. The sad part is, he probably thinks he is "cool" for getting kicked off....

DopeStar 156
02-10-06, 02:40 AM
Whatever, he's ****in' gone now....

mccombie_5
02-10-06, 04:50 AM
Me and mccombie could have taken him!

Heyul yeah!