: Sold my CTSV for a Porsche 997

Ross Racing
02-02-06, 12:28 PM
But I sold it to my girlfriend, so I guess I still have it in a way.
I didn't fully understand the Porsche driving experience until I got behind the wheel of my 06 Carrera S with the factory Aero Kit. It does everything perfectly and has Active Suspension Management which has two settings, normal and sport. It automatically dampens the shocks within certain parameters of each mode to accomodate for different conditions that the road or driver give the car. This is the first car that I have been completly happy with. To the point of not wanting to mod it because it is so refined. If it ain't broke don't fix it theory.

I tried posting pics but it wouldn't let me and made an error type tone when I clicked on Manage Attachments

wildwhl
02-02-06, 02:41 PM
Congratulations.

I remember I once felt that way before dumping $15K worth of mods into my V :lildevil:

VELOSE
02-02-06, 02:57 PM
Congrats as well. :thumbsup: I test drove the Carrera and was happy with that. I really like the PASM as well. Did you test drive the Cayman S before purchasing the 911?

Also, how does it feel to have your girlfriend drive the muscle car now?

0002S
02-02-06, 03:03 PM
Nice Choice

Florian
02-02-06, 03:27 PM
well done on the Porsche....great rides. Ill take my V and mod it for cheap though.

F

Dave-V
02-02-06, 04:02 PM
Get the Fabspeed CAI. IT will liven up the throttle responce and give it a nasty growl. I ran one on my 996 C2. I also ran their mufflers which sounded awesone, like a F1 race car but hurt bottom end performance. I would still be in a 911 if I could get away with 2 doors.

Ross Racing
02-02-06, 05:57 PM
Congrats as well. :thumbsup: I test drove the Carrera and was happy with that. I really like the PASM as well. Did you test drive the Cayman S before purchasing the 911?

Also, how does it feel to have your girlfriend drive the muscle car now?

I test drove the Cayman and a regular Carrera. They are very close performance wise therefore the Cayman is a better deal for the dollar. Once I drove the CS, my decision was clear because it has different suspension, brakes, more displacement and 30 more horsepower. I got the optional sport exhaust and shifter so technically it is sort of modded from the factory.
My girlfriend has always loved the caddy as do I so it was in our best interests not to let it go. She may drive the muscle car but I don't mind her getting the attention that I'm used to in that car. They are in two totally different leagues.

Ross Racing
02-02-06, 06:34 PM
Get the Fabspeed CAI. IT will liven up the throttle responce and give it a nasty growl. I ran one on my 996 C2. I also ran their mufflers which sounded awesone, like a F1 race car but hurt bottom end performance. I would still be in a 911 if I could get away with 2 doors.

I just went to Fabspeeds website and was impressed with their products. Especially the intake and headers. I like the thought that I can put headers on it and still be smog legal in CA. I couldn't resist ordering the CAI.

byucelt
02-02-06, 06:46 PM
I am so jealous that you got the 997 S. My wife bought me an exotic rental for Christhmas and my choice was the 997 S. I could not believe how complete the Porsche is. The brakes, throttle, shifter and seating position are so in sync its almost unimaginable. I plan to buy one in the near future but in San Diego buying a house has taken precedence over the Porsche. Good Luck with the car. I used to own a Boxster check out EVOMS.com for upgrades. They are the best Porsche modifier around.

Ross Racing
02-02-06, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the website tip. I'm in Carlsbad, oh and by the way your signature looks a lot like mine. LOL

VELOSE
02-02-06, 08:11 PM
Yeah, that VF Engineering supercharger sounds yummy. I considered a Carrera with that supercharger but in the end, the V for the price, was more for me as a third car that sits around in the garage looking pretty. :D