: Where is our ETC-V that can do this?

gothicaleigh
02-02-06, 11:41 AM
Cadillac had been doing admirably with catching up to the Germans.
But now that the M5 and M6 are out, the bar has definately been raised.

I want an ETC-V that can walk superbikes at high speed:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3820713808922603488

...and I want it now. :yup:

ShadowLvr400
02-02-06, 12:00 PM
I was working on it for 3 yrs.... :( Man I miss my Eldo.

Night Wolf
02-02-06, 12:47 PM
The Eldorado is still far more cool, and personally desirable then any of those BMW's.

One day I am going to have a 1995 ETC.... it'll have to be after the Jeep though :(.

gothicaleigh
02-02-06, 02:10 PM
The Eldorado is still far more cool, and personally desirable then any of those BMW's.
One day I am going to have a 1995 ETC.... it'll have to be after the Jeep though :(.

I used to own a 98 ETC and I have sat in an M5. Just by that I know which I would choose money not being an option. Those ///M cars are nice and the performance of the new ones puts them on a whole other level than the ETC.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my ETC and it remains one of my favorite Cadillac designs of all time, but that link I posted above was shot at 207mph. Cadillac can't reach that unless they drop the LS7 in the XLR (and even then...). It's time to get serious and bring out those XV12 and V16 Northstars.

Florian
02-02-06, 07:54 PM
remember, you got 4 wheels and dont have to deal with the elements....150 mph on a 2 wheeler feels like a million. I dont give a shit about the M6, Ill destroy it too....

F

davesdeville
02-02-06, 10:07 PM
Top speed is nice and all, but its 0-60 is 4.6s isn't anything special. US spec M6s will probably run high 12s. I mean, that's nice, but it's not mind blowing.

70eldo
02-03-06, 05:31 AM
And that's latest technology. Don't compare it to the older ETC.
There will be an ETC(-V) in the future! I bet on that!

Pimpin_Whity
02-03-06, 02:16 PM
lol, dont know if you guys remember. but i posted a photoshop chop of the new STS, before it came out. if you have enough money you can get an STS-V and modify it to this:
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/9498/prototypeeldofr6sa.jpg
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/2236/etcv5no.jpg

Pimpin_Whity
02-03-06, 04:52 PM
I used to own a 98 ETC and I have sat in an M5. Just by that I know which I would choose money not being an option. Those ///M cars are nice and the performance of the new ones puts them on a whole other level than the ETC.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my ETC and it remains one of my favorite Cadillac designs of all time, but that link I posted above was shot at 207mph. Cadillac can't reach that unless they drop the LS7 in the XLR (and even then...). It's time to get serious and bring out those XV12 and V16 Northstars.

here's a little story about those nice ///M cars. i'm going down Kings Highway next to Coney Is. Ave (if you dont live in brooklyn you can compare Kings Highway to a bombarded version of a street in Berlin at the end of WWII). the intersectoin is the worst part, and i just drive past it in my Eldo, but comming at me is an M3. while you can put a full cup of coffe in the cup holders and it wont spill at all in my car, the guy in the M3 was jumping out of his seat and if he was my height he would have hit the sealing with his head. now that's just sad, i would give up taking turns 15 to 20 mph slower and having less robust accel just so i wont have to have broken ribs from all the bumps on the streets here in New York. seriously, Corvettes take those bumps better than BMW ///M cars. and for the price of one of those things you can get a new Vette and a used Eldo :cool:

70eldo
02-08-06, 09:20 AM
Yup, ///M is an Autobahn car... :)

Nice STC-V Pimpin!!!!!

Patrick7997
03-06-06, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I like those car pics.... sweet....

That's a Photoshop thing, you say????

Seriously, how could Cadillac Execs not see that, and say "Go Ahead, build it."

How can you not build that car???

Patrick7997
03-17-06, 01:37 PM
Pimpin, I just looked at those pics again, that is sweet. I'd buy a new Eldo if it looked like that....

Las week, it was pretty nice out here, a friend of mine let me ride his Yamaha R1... 1000cc's of pure adrenaline. He had it at some race tuner shop over the winter, and we went and picked it up. What a machine.

In my younger days, I raced sportbikes, but I never had anything that would have touched this bike. What a road rocket!

So, I'm sorry to say, forget about a car walking away from that bike.... This thing had 180 horses in a 500-some pound bike.... giving you an insane power to weight of 2.77 pounds per horse. I'd have to roughly get 1360 horsepower into my Eldorado to achieve similar results.... and I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.