: February Socal V meet- Official Thread

ctsvett
02-02-06, 01:32 AM
Ok, here is where we will post info on a socal CTS/V meeting for february..

First order: lets vote on a date..

Tentative location is at dromo1 in anaheim (george, please post venu information)...

Please vote on the above poll for the day you prefer. It will start around 10:30-11: ish and go until about 1:30-2:00 ish depending on what people want.

Just a FYI, once we establish a date, i am going to invite all of the socal people I have on my mailing list (who wanted to be notified). I will also e-mail jerry and the local CTS guys. I think we should have a huge gathering and make everyone in the rest of the country jealous.

Reed

SoCadillac
02-02-06, 12:55 PM
http://www.dromo1.com/general_info.asp

http://www.dromo1.com/

VELOSE
02-02-06, 03:03 PM
So happens my Anniversary is on the 21st of February. I'll be in San Diego popping a couple margaritas or incredible hulks at Morton's Steakhouse. I'll be down there during the 17th thru 19th. On my way home, I can stop by for a little while. So the 19th is perfect.

SoCadillac
02-02-06, 04:42 PM
Reed,

Is there any way that you can make your post about this on the CTS forum a sticky so it can stay in the forefront? Thanks.

roadracerx72
02-02-06, 07:06 PM
Looks like I will be feeling a little too sick on the 19th to make it to work...

Luna.
02-02-06, 07:56 PM
Whatever day works...

Unless Pittsburgh loses via a call similar to the Polamalu interception--err--non-interception--then I might be in hiding for several weeks... :D

ctsvett
02-02-06, 08:13 PM
I am glad the 19th is winning cause I just realized that I cannot meet up on the 26th...

Reed

VELOSE
02-02-06, 08:27 PM
Luna, I have a Steelers hat in a box that was supposed to be a Christmas gift to a buddy. However, since that buddy didn't get me anything, and it's the same buddy that I usually get something for on Christmas, I'm keeping it for myself. Also, he's the same buddy that made me a Pittsburg fan 4 years ago. So for Superbowl day, I'm busting out the hat for good luck. I'll let you know the expression on his face when he see's my new hat. I know he's gonna like it.

Now that I've hijacked this thread, It's going to be great to finally meet the face behind the username if you guys show up on the 19th. Maybe by then I have this supercharger issue resolved. I really want to feel what 450whp is like. :D

PIIIIIITTTTTSSSSSBBBBBUUUUURRRRRGGGG!!!!!

mc2thet
02-02-06, 11:44 PM
anyone here from norcal that is attending the meet? i am, someone ride along

SoCalV
02-02-06, 11:44 PM
Since I voluteered to be camp director at this Dromo 1 event, www.dromo1.com (http://www.dromo1.com) here's what we need to do.

I will call the owner and tell them we are coming on our agreed date and get some parking spaces reserved.

Dromo 1 gets busy, so to avoid standing around talking to guys that own Rice Burners, M3's, Blown Mustangs and watching other guys race....we each need to get reservations in advance. Send me your credit card numbers. The ones with high limits......oh never mind.

Really, I suggest we do this:
1) Meet at the parking lot for Dromo 1 at Reed's suggested time of 10:30-11ish. Corner of Katella and Main in the City of Orange
2) Kick tires, check out new mods, talk trash about how fast you are
3) Walk accross the street for lunch at Chili's or King's Fish or the Coffee Shop.
4) If you have a beer it will cost you 0.5 seconds on lap time guaranteed
5) If you have 4 beers they will not allow you on the track!
6) Return to race prep at Dromo at 1:15 (you need to do driving orientation and get a suit and helmet)
7) First Vs race "on the track" at 1:45 PM

Couple of tips: They only allow 10 Karts on the track at one time. First come first served) Races are every 15 minutes. If you are kinda rabid like me, you will need two races (or more) @ $25 ea. to be truly stress free.....If you take two races, give yourself a one or two race break in between to collect your thoughts. You will be much faster the second session with the break. Generally speaking, two races will exhast you in a really good way. Like I said, if you don't like this I'll refund your $25. But you have to relinquish your V.

Each of us will need to contact Dromo 1 and make a reservation or risk standing around for an hour. I will be making my race reservations for
1:45 and 2:15 PM

Free "hot lap tips" from a guy that has spent most of his "maggie money" there....

This will be a blast. Can't wait to see you guys!

ctsvett
02-03-06, 03:30 AM
Looks like the 19th is winning.. should I call it?

Everyone who's name I do not have on the SOCAL mailing list, send me an e-mail...

Reed

MadMike
02-03-06, 12:48 PM
Yah.......im up for this.........lets do it!

VELOSE
02-03-06, 02:10 PM
I'm down for the 19th, call it. Sorry dubbed stealth, call in sick. Play hookie for one day.

I won't be able to race. I'll be coming out for a little while because on that day, I'll be on my way home with the wife. So no Dromo 1 for me.:crying:

lawfive
02-03-06, 05:25 PM
Hey Luna, Velose: I'm wearin' my #43 Polamalu jersey at work today. Go Steelers!!

Luna.
02-03-06, 05:50 PM
Hey Luna, Velose: I'm wearin' my #43 Polamalu jersey at work today. Go Steelers!!

I'll be wearing Steeler gear on the 19th as well. :D

GAGS-V
02-03-06, 11:23 PM
I'll be there! What if the Steelers lose? Are you going to wear their stuff then?

VELOSE
02-03-06, 11:52 PM
I'll have my new Steeler hat and windbreaker for the meet too. :D

Luna.
02-04-06, 12:08 AM
I'll be there! What if the Steelers lose? Are you going to wear their stuff then?

I'd wear Steeler attire if they were 0-16...

So yes, no matter what. :D

SoCalV
02-11-06, 11:57 AM
Fellow Vs

Just another reminder to reserve a spot (or two) with www.dromo1.com (http://www.dromo1.com) so you have a spot to drive at our Socal meet next Sunday. They will take telephone or FAX (form on website) reservation requests 48 hours prior to the reservation request time. So Friday afternoon you will want to contact them. I will be signing up for 1:45 and 2:15 races myself and be around to impart any residual wisdom I may have accumulated form all the maggie money I have spent there.......See you there!:lildevil:

roadracerx72
02-11-06, 05:01 PM
Fellow Vs

Just another reminder to reserve a spot (or two) with www.dromo1.com (http://www.dromo1.com) so you have a spot to drive at our Socal meet next Sunday. They will take telephone or FAX (form on website) reservation requests 48 hours prior to the reservation request time. So Friday afternoon you will want to contact them. I will be signing up for 1:45 and 2:15 races myself and be around to impart any residual wisdom I may have accumulated form all the maggie money I have spent there.......See you there!:lildevil:

I just PM'd you and it seems you just answered it above. :thepan:

See everyone there.
Rock

VELOSE
02-12-06, 01:14 AM
Can't wait to be there. One week to go.