: Need help tonight!!

jyankeefan06
02-01-06, 08:53 PM
Looking to buy a CTS-V tomorrow... The trouble is I live in Buffalo NY. There hasn't been very much snow this year and Buffalo is very flat, no hills. The problem is the Goodyear Run-Flats... They are summer tires; correct? I need winter tires; correct? What should I do? I seem to be getting a great deal on a in stock 06 with the shock package. Please can I call someone tonight? If so, can you send me a # or I can give you mine... I can't PM because the lack of posts...

Please help, Jeff

StealthV
02-01-06, 09:57 PM
Two options:

1. Don't drive it on snowy days (hard to do with LES).
2. Purchase a set of winter tires/wheels from someone like --> TireRack (http://www.tirerack.com/snow/WinterTireCompare.jsp?sortSize=18&snowSortCode=20049&autoYear=2006&autoMake=Cadillac&autoModel=CTS-V&autoModClar=&winterType=A&startIndex=0&search=true&performance=W)

Harley Guy
02-01-06, 10:15 PM
Third Option:
Save lots of cash and buy my 2005 V. It has about 14K miles, has a Corsa exhaust and clear bra. Also has new Goodyear GS D3's and a stock wheel as a spare. I could deliver it to Buffalo from Pittsburgh in about 3 hours.
Seriously, this car is a great deal and with the money you would save you could buy a complete set of tires for winter mounted on wheels or do as I did and buy a cheap used Jeep for winter. My V has never seen winter driving.

E-mail me at manning101@gmail if interested.

Either way good luck and enjoy the V.

wooderson
02-01-06, 10:48 PM
My '06 came with all season RSA's. In Buffalo you should get snow tires, chains and Hummer to tow you around. Oh, and the Yankees s*ck.:D Let's go Mets!

jyankeefan06
02-01-06, 11:53 PM
My '06 came with all season RSA's. In Buffalo you should get snow tires, chains and Hummer to tow you around. Oh, and the Yankees s*ck.:D Let's go Mets!

Where did you get your car? I see the sticker prince on my future V says the run flats were an extra 550.00. Has your V seen the snow?

That's funny, a Met fan saying the Yankees $uck? If being great 10 plus years in a row means $uck, never mind their 26 championships, I guess they do $uck...... Question, What is one game? Answer: The total Met wins in 2000 World Series.

"Maybe next year" What the Met fans say in August.....

Florian
02-01-06, 11:58 PM
Easy Yankee...keep it on topic....(my Indians suck just as bad) I drove my V with the runflats through the worst winter in history in Cleveland (over 10 feet of snow) and had no issues. Just dont keep your toe into it. You have to baby it. Or do what I did, buy Avon M550 A/S and deal with it. (I also bought a 4x4 Jimmy this year to keep the V off the roads, but that is another story).
The Avons were great for about 15K miles, then you have to pitch em for the horrendous noise.
So....go buy the V, spend 150 bux per for the Avons and dont look back!

Welcome to the sickness....

F

rand49er
02-02-06, 12:44 AM
Just dont keep your toe into it. You have to baby it. Or do what I did, buy Avon M550 A/S and deal with it. ... So....go buy the V, spend 150 bux per for the Avons and dont look back!:yeah:

Koooop
02-02-06, 03:55 AM
Looking to buy a CTS-V tomorrow... The trouble is I live in Buffalo NY. There hasn't been very much snow this year and Buffalo is very flat, no hills. The problem is the Goodyear Run-Flats... They are summer tires; correct? I need winter tires; correct? What should I do? I seem to be getting a great deal on a in stock 06 with the shock package. Please can I call someone tonight? If so, can you send me a # or I can give you mine... I can't PM because the lack of posts...

Please help, Jeff

What should I do? You should move to So Cal!

On second thought... We have enough people out here, come and visit and take someone with you when you leave!

I'm pretty sure you have had more snow than us.

The Goodyear run flats suck in Summer as well as winter.

Kadonny
02-02-06, 09:23 AM
Easy. If the dealer wants to sell the car, have them throw in a set of the RSA's. Then get them to install the RSAs and take the F1s home for storage. You can use them for the summer if you want.

Thats how you do it.

jyankeefan06
02-02-06, 07:25 PM
Well I did it.... Got the 06 but also had to purchase the Dunlop 3M snows... They did give me a break on them, but it wasnt much. I think I did get a great deal on the car though. I am coming from a supercharged G35 with 389 RWHP. I tried summer tires in the snow with the G and the next day I had snows on it.... I will be picking the V up on Tues or Wednesday. I can't wait.
Thanks for the info

wooderson
02-02-06, 09:14 PM
Well I did it.... Got the 06 but also had to purchase the Dunlop 3M snows... They did give me a break on them, but it wasnt much. I think I did get a great deal on the car though. I am coming from a supercharged G35 with 389 RWHP. I tried summer tires in the snow with the G and the next day I had snows on it.... I will be picking the V up on Tues or Wednesday. I can't wait.
Thanks for the infoCongrats! You are better off with the snow tires. The V is a handful in bad weather. It's a handful in dry weather too. Lots of torque. My last car was a 350z that had no torque. Did you have a Pro-Charger on the G?