: Breaks

supasweetride
02-01-06, 01:42 PM
I just got my 87 Brougham about 3 weeks ago and the breaks work just fine, infact they are really rather touchy, but they squeak terribly. I asked the previous owner when the last time the breaks were changed and he said last summer (2005) but he only changed the front ones, does this mean that I may need new breaks,if not what else could be causing the squeaking?

caddycruiser
02-01-06, 03:11 PM
Not really an answer, but it is spelled BRAKES...you got the wrong version of the word:cool2:

Then again, we had new front brake pads installed on our '93 back in the summer of '03, but ever since then, they have an awful squealing sometimes when used...which I've pretty much concluded is because they're ceramic, a brake material that has a tendency to be "noisy". Not always, but it is fairly common, and that's what I think our problem is.

They still haven't worn all that much in 2 years, but have squealed almost from day one...about 8/10 days...

elk9300`
02-01-06, 05:56 PM
You may want to pull the pads and but anti-squeal shims or "goo" on the back, sometimes this will help.

supasweetride
02-02-06, 03:13 PM
but it is spelled BRAKES...you got the wrong version of the word:cool2:

breaks or brakes......same difference.......but thanks anyways