1badcady
02-01-06, 12:31 PM
What garbage!!! couldn't take the damn creaking:mad: & it still hopped
like crazy, today is a new day, BMR anti wheel hop & hothckis swaybars:bouncy:
All i can say is what a difference:bouncy:, who ever had second thoughts, dont
just do it:highfive:

04CTSVFLA
02-01-06, 12:35 PM
im still debating bmr kit versus stage 3 kars. not sure which one ill get to prevent wheel hop;//

1badcady
02-01-06, 12:39 PM
im still debating bmr kit versus stage 3 kars. not sure which one ill get to prevent wheel hop;//

I debated both, the BMR looks factory(doesnt raise any eyebrows).
It rained in NY yesturday and the wheel hop was almost gone, thats a lot
considering it was raining. Today quick 1to2 shifts no hop, sway bars
makes the car feel much lighter.

50 4Ever
02-01-06, 02:03 PM
What garbage!!! couldn't take the damn creaking:mad: & it still hopped
like crazy, today is a new day, BMR anti wheel hop & hothckis swaybars:bouncy:
All i can say is what a difference:bouncy:, who ever had second thoughts, dont
just do it:highfive:

I just looked at the BMR site. Where does the bar they show go? Does it interfere with the Hotchkis rear bar? Any chance of you posting a picture of them installed?

1badcady
02-01-06, 03:27 PM
I just looked at the BMR site. Where does the bar they show go? Does it interfere with the Hotchkis rear bar? Any chance of you posting a picture of them installed?

the sway bars are behind the dif, the BMR bar is mounted way in front
not even close, sorry no pictures. the only issue was that the BMR bar
rubbed in the exaust, so i put a couple of washers to bring it down some.

jlakowicz
02-01-06, 05:55 PM
I have the kit, but I still have lots of wheel hop, especially in cold weather.

1badcady
02-01-06, 06:05 PM
I have the kit, but I still have lots of wheel hop, especially in cold weather.

Today it was 35 degrees no hop:tisk:, but then again i also installed
the sway bars, they probably help as well:hmm:, what i did notice was that
the clunking was amplified, im guessing its because the cradle is now
locked down:hmm:.

GNSCOTT
02-01-06, 07:32 PM
When I had mine first installed (in the hot summer i think) they worked really well, but got worse from there.

CVP33
02-01-06, 07:40 PM
When I had mine first installed (in the hot summer i think) they worked really well, but got worse from there.

Same here and the creaking in unbearable. Still waiting for my dealer to give me a fix for this amongst other things. :shhh:

thebigjimsho
02-01-06, 11:48 PM
I debated both, the BMR looks factory(doesnt raise any eyebrows).Looks factory? For as good as my dealer has been, they were concerned when I brought in my V when I blew the diff. Not that they thought it was the problem but for what the DSM would think since they must document every bad diff.

While the GM bushings have gotten mixed reviews, I found the Specter bushings to be very good. About as good as the BMR kit which I no longer have installed.

04CTSVFLA
02-02-06, 02:36 AM
what about specter bushings + hotchkis + bmr??? waste of money or would that be a good setup?

Kadonny
02-02-06, 09:26 AM
what about specter bushings + hotchkis + bmr??? waste of money or would that be a good setup?

04CTSV, start small and build from there. Try the Specters first. Cheap, easy install and they won't void warranty since they are basically a better set up than the TSB bushings.

The hotchkis bars are not really for wheel hop, so that is sort of a separate issue but probably worth the money.