Cadillac Owners Forum banner

RIP Cadillac STS-V

3K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  chubbell 
#1 ·
#12 ·
Yeah i bought the car September 11 maybe that was bad luck lol I have had crazy problems with this car from the beginning like I was out of a car for 3 months because of the full pump and other small things.. I love this car so much because it was fast and I loved it when stock 5.0 would get next to me and i would pull them by car lengths haha But next I might get a G8 and cam it out since its a little easier to cam it out

#16 ·
Sorry to hear that. My V hasn't moved now for a month because of the weather here in VA. The Audi is pulling almost all commuter duties for the next couple of months.

It's gotten so that I try not to drive it in the rain either until the next set of tires is due when I'll get some good all season radials.

High HP and RWD don't mix in the winter, especially when you're sitting on summer performance tires like so many are.

#21 ·
Wake - what tires do you have currently?

I have a set of DWS on my STS4 and they are a bit softer sidewall than I'd like them to be... I'm coming from General tires which were much better ride than the Pilots were so depending on what you have it may feel like you are driving on sponges.

#25 ·
General Gmax AS03 I believe was the tire I had.
They had a firmer ride than the DWS has I also feel like they had better snow and rain traction than DWS too. They are directional tires with the V shaped tread pattern where as the DWS are directionless.

I've only dealt with pilots on my parents SRX and for a couple STS test drives. In all instances they have been like driving on solid rubber tires with no tread on them. So they slip under all weather conditions and provide no suspension at all.

#26 ·
Thanks Luda!
OK, so Pilots are off my list then given it rain 9mos a year here!!
Since the V has different wheel sizes front and rear diagonal rotations are out, so having directional is no real loss and I will keep the Generals on the list as well as the DWS.

#27 ·
lamrith said:
Thanks Luda! OK, so Pilots are off my list then given it rain 9mos a year here!! Since the V has different wheel sizes front and rear diagonal rotations are out, so having directional is no real loss and I will keep the Generals on the list as well as the DWS.
I run on my STS 4 v8 1sg
Pirelli Pzeros
Michelin A/S sport pilots
Continental DWS

Michelins handled the best...lasted 5k miles before the rubber was PEELING off them. Never buy Michelin again.

Pirelli were great until it was at 4/32 left. They became ice skates in the wet.

DWS on my 2nd set now. Yes the sidewall is very soft so it doesn't handle as well but it goes wherever I point it every time. I went places my neighbor with a lifted jeep on 35s couldn't hook.

#29 ·
I have a new Shelby and the stock good years had terrible traction.switched to pilot super sports and much better even in cold weather.the gyers would break traction at ,60 mph in 4th.any way my only issue is the ride.I thoughtthought it was me but do you find the pilots harsh as well.Just spent ,1400 on the pilots and hate to dump more money.do you think the dws can handle 660hp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.