: Remember Guys, Groundhog Day's tomorrow

Frost
02-01-06, 08:13 AM
,,,,and if he sees his shadow, we have 6 more weeks of winter. But if he doesn't, we'll only get about one and a half months more of it,,,

SpeedyArizona
02-01-06, 08:35 AM
Haha, I love all the winter I can get! It's warming up outside, the sun is rising over the Arizona mountains, the air is fresh, and I'm drinking coffee getting ready for a gorgeous day.

I love winter:D!

Cadikid
02-01-06, 08:39 AM
6 weeks and one and a half months seems like it is the same amount of time.

Sandy
02-01-06, 09:06 AM
I don't consider winter over until I bring up & out from the basement the CAR WASHING HOSE, and am able to wash my car in my driveway once again! Here in N.J. to do it in comfortable temperatures THAT would usually be around tax day, or April 15th, so to me THAT'S the end of "Winter" ~ I think it was last year that on April 4th we got 2 inches of snow.
My "Season" is April 15th until October 21st. 6 months & a week.

Elvis
02-01-06, 10:09 AM
Six "more" weeks of winter? If THIS is winter, I'll take 12 more.

It's been like springtime here since Christmas. Things are budding and blooming all over.

Frost
02-01-06, 11:33 AM
I agree with Sandy - nothing heralds the beginning of the season quite like geting the garden hose and various cleaning implements out of storage, uncorking the old elbow grease and havin' at 'er for a full day of cleanin' and detailin', shinin' and showin'.

Although I HAVE slowed down a bit from my earlier levels of exuberance - I no longer use up to a half a box of Q-tips and the Dental Mirrors are kept in the bathroom

Sandy
02-01-06, 12:07 PM
Not to get off topic, just wanna say I too use Q-Tips, but on my Caddy's Gold Stripe of its Vogue Tyres. The wooden NON FLEX ones, plezze!!
They are a perfect fit!

So, who is the perfect ground hog to watch? The NYC one or the Philly One?
I understand before making his decession the NYC one takes a "hit" and the Philly one gets a cheese steak. My $$ is on the Philly dawg

EcSTSatic
02-01-06, 01:16 PM
If you haven't seen it already, rent "Groundhog Day" starring Bill Murray. It's about a self-absorbed guy that gets a chance to realize what's really important and turn his life around.

Think about how looonnnng he must have been "stuck" and the perserverence it must have taken to "get it right". Fun story!

Frost
02-01-06, 01:29 PM
Not to pull "rank" here (and after living in a hole in the ground for all those months, "rank" seems like an appropriate adjective), but we rely on Whiarton Willy - a species from Whiarton, Ontario.

Bit of intrique here, as well. It appears that Willy passed away a couple of years ago - 2000 - while sleeping it (Winter) off in his hole. The Town Mayor and Willy's Gatekeeper discovered this sad event a coupla days before Willy's BIG EVENT. Well, the two of them decided that since the time was so short, they'd have to fake that year's BIG EVENT, then replace Willy with another hog that had a bit more spark in him - for the following year.

With the crowds gathered, the cameras whirring, the journalists poised - their pens-to-paper, all waiting for the blessed event, the Gatekeeper reached into Willy's hole and dragged out this all-too-stiff rodent and shoved it into the face of the Town Mayor so that Willy could whisper his prediction - mind you, most of this was shielded from the cameras by the Gatekeepers large frame and his winter coat.

Then one of the journalists commented on the air that Willy looked a bit more bedraggled than usual; in fact, Willy looked ALOT more bedraggled. Well, the jig was up.

Both the Gatekeeper and the Mayor 'fessed up to the subtrefuge and looked damn foolish at the same time. A much younger rodent was secured for the job, Willy got buried with full honours and as far as I know, the Gatekeeper and the Mayor were able to keep their jobs.

Oh, and that particular year - 2000 - saw an earlier than usual Spring for that part of the country.

True story.

Kev
02-01-06, 01:48 PM
,,,,and if he sees his shadow, we have 6 more weeks of winter....Winter......Winter.... I used to know what that word meant... lemme see..... no, wait, don't tell me.........Oh, I give up!

FSU_Noles
02-01-06, 01:59 PM
Winter is when all of us in Florida go to the theme parks. Weather is great and crowds are small.

LittleB
02-01-06, 02:00 PM
I like winter!

Kev
02-01-06, 02:51 PM
I like winter!Winter in the Bay Area is great! I love the cool crisp evenings and nights! It brings back fond memories of Christmas at Grandpa and Grandma's.

Alright! Stop it now! You guys are going to get me all emotional here! :( :annoyed: :crying:

DaveSmed
02-01-06, 03:58 PM
Groundhog's day... time to tick off another year on my little calendar. :bouncy: