: 1994 Eldorado P083 Code?

eurumbaev
01-31-06, 03:31 PM
I'm new to this forum, but I would appreciate if someone could help me with this dilema. I have a '94 Eldorado Touring Coup with a P083 24x trouble code that comes and goes. Sometimes the car will stall, after which it will start right up. Also, this causes the engine to crank for a while before it'll start. The code doesn't seem to come on when it's a cold morning. I have replaced both crankshaft position sensors to no avail the code still comes back. What are my options? How can I tell if I actually have to replace the ICM or not?

Thanks.

Krashed989
01-31-06, 07:02 PM
According to my FSM, it can be one of these items:

-A bad crankshaft position sensor

-A bad wire to one of the crankshaft position sensors (shorted/open circut).
circut #'s are: 573 (yellow) and 574 (purple) to CSPS-A, and 470 (black) and 1800 (light blue and white) to CSPS-B

-Bad contact on one of the plugs

-Bad ICM

-Bad PCM

Also :welcome: to the forums. :wave:

eurumbaev
02-01-06, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. I hope it's not the wiring. I emagine it's a mess to try to deal with the wiring. I checked and cleaned with WD-40 the connectors when putting on new crankshaft sensors. I'm really betting on the ICM. A guy's ICM, on another thread, was heat-sensitive. If he cooled it down, the light went off. That seems to happen to mine. On the cold morning, the light doesn't come on. I think I also lucked out by finding an ICM for $25 plus shipping(used though), instead of $400, which is what he paid for his.:dance:
By the way, how many miles does your Eldorado have? Mine has 161000 and runs great, besides this problem. Any idea what you can expect the Northstar to last? Thanks again.

eurumbaev
03-02-06, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to post my results. I replaced the Ignition Control Module(the whole thing with the coil), and the problem went away for good. Starts on the dot, never dies, runs great! Picked up and ICM from a junk yard for $90. Really easy to swop out.:thumbsup:

zonie77
03-02-06, 12:52 PM
Thanks for letting us know!