: My Ideal Cadillac Lineup

CTS4Chiefy
01-30-06, 09:23 PM
OK, well, over at GMI (www.GMInsideNews.com (http://www.GMInsideNews.com)) my bunch of "My Ideal ... Lineup" is extremely well known and popular... I figured I'd go ahead and import the Cadillac version of My Ideal Lineup threads to here seeing as this is a Caddy forum... Please feel free to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, comments, input, or whatever else! Also feel free to post your own if you wish to!

http://www.getchev.com/images/cadillac_logo.jpg
Standard of the World
A few of the many highlight goodies offered:
•Ultra8, Ultra10, and Ultra12 engines are a new engine exclusive to Cadillac unless otherwise stated - Northstar engines are moved to Buick. Very quick-revving, high RPM, smooth, refined, fuel-efficient, and powerful with an astoundingly great sound.
•All Cadillacs recieve Direct Injection.
•Transmissions are 8-speed dual-clutch manumatics with paddle shifters as well as being able to shift using the shifter in manumatic mode, or 7-speed manuals. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•All engines (LS2 aside) used in Cadillacs are QOHC (Quad Overhead Cam) design with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) technology, among other smaller improvements.
•CPIS - Cadillac Personal Identification System. As you near or enter the vehicle, call out your name and coosponding seat ("Driver", "Passanger", "Rear", "Rear Center", "Rear Two") and it will adjust to your personal preferances on everything. ON VIP, Sixty Special, LaSalle, Fleetwood, El Dorado, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•CIC - Cadillac Infotainment Center. Voice-activated. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•CCAS System - Cadillac Complete Adjust Suspension. Instead of having 3 buttons (Comfort, Middle, Sport) as the competition does, this system ten-up's them. It is completely adjustable. The two ends are Luxury (not a single thing is felt, but performance suffers a little) and the other end being Track (comfort suffers a ton, you can feel everything, feedback is great, but the car stays completely flat around the corners), and you can move your little "peg" or whatever you want to call it anywhere inbetween (and including) the two ends. Adjustable via CIC.
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/9395/ccas8tz.jpg
The grey represents the MagneticRide II (computer updates every one 10 millionths of a second to keep ride perfectly flat and smooth), the white is where it disables for best feedback and overall performance. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•CPES - Cadillac Personal Entertainment System. Each rearseat gets its own screen (for DVD's and navigation to see where they are) as well as radio/CD player that also has 8 400 GB harddrivers (can install upto 16 more) for MP3, etc that can be setup for accounts for different people. Also, each radio/CD/screen gets its own Bose noice-reducing headphones. CPES is set up so that if any one of the seats - front or back - are not tuned to the same station or same DVD, the minority would be required to use their headphones. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•CPCS - Cadillac Personal Climate System. Each person is able to have their own climate, adjusting the temp to what they want on them. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Heated/Cooled, massaging, and adjustable seats/headrest. Can be set to certain temp, and depending on surface temp on the seats, it'll warm up or cool off to the perfect temp. Also, small round pieces inside the seat roughly an inch and a half in diameter fill the seat, and each one has the ability to heat up or cool off so that the entire seat is the perfect temp, not just a certain spot. You can also adjust the firmness of the seats as well as where to add or subtract support at. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Rear adjustable seats. In the rear, you can have the seats lean back, raise, lower, and if the vehicle is equipped with the footrest, kick back with your legs in the air. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•CVDS - Cadillac Virtual Driver System. The computer is able to recognize speedlimits, and should the system be turned on, it would drive the speedlimit posted. It also will come to a complete stop should it recognize a red or yellow light, or a stop sign. It also uses laser technology to travel at a certain distance from the car infront of it. Should the car speed up, it will speed it - until it reaches the speedlimit. Should it slow, or come to a stop, the Cadillac will do so as well. It also recognizes the lines on a road, and thus, using that knowledge, will steer its self. NOTE: This is NOT to completely replace driver! Rather, a more advanced cruise control. ON Sixty Special, El Dorado, LaSalle, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•CSS - Cadillac Stability System. Cadillac's version of StabiliTrak. Settings are 'Safe', 'Spirited', 'Track', and 'Off'. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Eighteen speakers upgradable to twenty six on four+ seaters. Ten speakers upgradable to eighteen speakers on two seaters. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Dual-Beam HID Projectors. Two low-beam projectors per headlight (four total). The bottom of the two (stacked-style like current headlights) swivals during turning. Upon activating highbeams, a third HID (not-projector) light below the two projectors comes on. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Heated and cooled steering wheel and armrests. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Heated mirrors, lights, and windows. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Ambient lighting throughout cabin. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Heated and cooled and massaging footrests. ON Sixty Special, LaSalle, El Dorado, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•Internet access! You can access the internet via hooking up your laptop to the CID center in front or in back. You may also use the CID its self to surf the web. ON VIP, Sixty Special, LaSalle, El Dorado, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•Autodimming mirrors will cut down on the glare from reflections, lights, and the sun. ON ALL CADILLACS.
•Autodimming windows target areas of extreme brightness, be it from reflections, the sun, lights, or anything else. ON VIP, Sixty Special, LaSalle, El Dorado, AND Sixteen ONLY.
•Autotint windows allow you to adjust the window tinting to whatever percentage you want it to be, whenever you please. ON Sixteen ONLY.
•Much more!
CADILLAC LINEUP:
GTS/GTC - MARKET: EUROPE, ASIA
PRICE: $23,000-$33,000 USD
The GTS/GTC is an entry-level luxury car. It is the BLS with a nicer, slightly more luxurious, sportier interior. It is more sport-oriented than luxury-oriented. Engines offered are a 170 hp I4 diesel engine, as well as a 200 hp I4 gas and 250 hp gas V6 or 240 hp/320 tq diesel V6. Standard AWD.
•V-series adds 400 HP LS2, lower ride with taunter suspension that current model, sportier interior and basically keep the same V-series exterior as the current model. AWD only. $44,000
CTS/CTC - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $34,000-$50,000.
The CTS and CTC are to remain about the same size as the current CTS, that being larger than the C-class/3 series/A4 but smaller than the E-class/5 series/A6. Keep the edginess in design on the outside. Have interior that looks like it came outta a E-class or S-class as far as luxury and refinement, but have a simply, somewhat elegant and luxurious, yet very sporty design, with seats that hold you in, yet are still comfortable. Offer far more than the competition offers with standard and optional equipment. V6 (320 HP) and Ultra8 (380 HP). RWD with optional AWD. Sedan, Coupe (and convertable).
•V-series adds 500 hp performance Ultra8, race-tuned suspension, 20x12 wheels, slightly more aggressive exterior and much more sporty interior. $65,000
STS/STC - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $49,000-$75,000
In keeping with the "bigger is better" trend, the STS/STC is larger that the E-class/5 series/A6. Not quite as edgy as CT series, but still having Caddy's A&S design clearly encorporated. Bold, yet classy design. On the interior, it is even more refined and luxurious, simply and sporty, yet very classy. Even plusher, with more chrome and aluminum, a little less aluminum, and more real wood used. Offer far more than the competition offers with standard and optional equipment. RWD, optional AWD. Ultra8 standard (380 hp and 450 hp). Sedan, Coupe (and convertable).
•VIP version should offer a strong, smooth 450 hp Ultra8, quieter and comfier interior, as well as completely full list of standard features you'd expect for thousands, 20" chrome low-profiles or 18" chrome smooth-riding/comfortable "luxury" wheels, if not tens of thousands more.
•V-series adds 600 hp performance version Ultra10, race-tuned suspension, 20x12 wheels, slightly more aggressive exterior and much more sporty interior. $80,000
•Sixty Special includes exclusive, exotic leather, wood, and material as well as colors of your choice; heated all-around windows; Bose suspension; far more comfortable and quieter cabin with nothing "sport" about it; reclining rear seats; Four captians chairs all around; small frig and wine "chiller". $89,000
DTS/DTC - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $55,000-$80,000
This RWD/AWD sedan and coupe (as well as convertible) are just slightly larger than the current DeVille with more conservative Cadillac designing than the others. A true American luxury sedan, this car is about pure luxury endulgence, no street or track racer here. Standard 400 hp Ultra8 on the base model and 475 hp Ultra10 topping out. Aimed at those who want pure American Luxury without the sportiness or flashiness. DTS Brougham is the extended version of the sedan.
•VIP version should offer a strong, smooth 450 hp Ultra8, Bose suspension, quieter and comfier interior, 20" chrome low-profiles or 18" chrome smooth-riding/comfortable "luxury" wheels, as well as completely full list of standard features you'd expect for thousands, if not tens of thousands more.
•Sixty Special includes exclusive, exotic leather, wood, and material as well as colors of your choice; heated all-around windows; far more comfortable and quieter cabin; reclining rear seats; Four captians chairs all around; small frig and wine "chiller". $88,000
Fleetwood - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $70,000-$136,000
This is the ULS concept with the design you saw in Motor Trend. Set to compete with the supersedans. RWD with optional AWD. 450 hp Ultra10 base and tops out at 550 hp Ulta12. Four-seater ultra-luxury four-door sedan (optional rear bench cutting down on price as well as taking away the frig and wine "chiller" that are offered on top models). Fleetwood Brougham is the extended version.
•VIP version should offer a strong, smooth 550 hp V12, Bose suspension, quieter and comfier interior, 21" chrome low-profiles or 19" chrome smooth-riding/comfortable "luxury" wheels, as well as completely full list of standard features you'd expect for thousands, if not tens of thousands more.
•V-series adds 700-hp performance tuned Ultra12 engine, race-tuned suspension, and sportier interior and exterior. $138,000
•Sixty Special includes exclusive, exotic leather, wood, and material as well as colors of your choice; heated all-around windows; far more comfortable and quieter cabin with nothing "sport" about it; reclining rear seats; Four captians chairs all around; small frig and wine "chiller". $165,000
El Dorado - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $175,000-$180,000
It's basically that uber-coupe seen in May edition of M/T with the Ultra12 pumping out 700 hp. Build to kill the Bentley Continental. Coupe, convertible. 4-seater.
Continue on next post!

CTS4Chiefy
01-30-06, 09:24 PM
LaSalle - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $355,000-$390,000
Directed at the Rolls-Royce Phantom and Bentley Flying Spur, this car slots in above the Fleetwood Brougham Sixty Special but below the Sixteen. Good for 500 HP from it's Ultra12 engine, this beautiful car can be tailored to be purely for luxury or to have a more sporting style. 20" or 22" chrome rims can be had with this car, as well as standard Bose suspension. Four captains chairs with exotic, top-grade leather, everyone can ride in comfort. Custom tailored to the owners exact tastes and preferances.
Sixteen - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $475,000-$560,000
Keep it exactly as the concept has, aside front maybe a few minor additions you can wedge into this ultra-luxury Maybach fighter. Offers a strong, smooth 1100 hp 16-cyl engine, Bose suspension, quieter and comfier interior, 24" chrome low-profiles or 22" chrome smooth-riding "luxury" wheels and a packed house of features. Custom-built and custom-designed at buyer's discretion. Choice of wood. Choice of leather/suede. Choice of carpet. Every single option you can think of.
•V-series adds 1450-hp version of its 16-cyl engine plus race-tuned suspension and sportier interior and exterior. Overkill? Yes. But aren't all super/ultra-luxury sedans overkill? ;)
XLR - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $70,000-$88,000
Very similar to the current model but with an all-new luxurious yet sporty interior. 450 HP Ultra8 base.
•VIP version should offer a strong, smooth 600 hp Ultra10, Bose suspension, quieter and comfier interior, as well as completely full list of standard features you'd expect for thousands, if not tens of thousands more.
•V-series adds same engine and performance goodies as STS/STC-V model.
Cien - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $200,000-$230,000
Concept exactly as-is, but with performance Ultra12 good for 850 HP and 800 TQ to all four wheels.
•V-series gets 900 HP and 900 TQ from a performance Ultra12, tons of wight-saving material as well as cutting the majority of the super-insane creature comforts, adds a race-tuned suspension over the adjustable MagneticRide II setup, and bigger, wider, grippier rubber (19x14 in 30-series rubber.) The adjustable traction control, however, stays.
BRX - MARKET: Europe, Asia
PRICE: $26,000-$36,000
The BRX concept you've seen. All the same except engines range from 260 hp V6 to 320 hp V6. AWD standard.
•V-series adds same engine and performance specs in GTS/GTC-V.
SRX - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $35,000-$53,000
Progression in design over the current model. Very similar to current model. Slightly lower-riding and wider body than current model. To compete with the X5 and M-class. AWD standard. V6 and Ultra8 (ranging from 320 hp to 380 hp).
•VIP version should offer a strong, smooth 450 hp Ultra8, Bose suspension, quieter and comfier interior, 20" chrome low-profiles or 18" chrome smooth-riding/comfortable "luxury" wheels, as well as completely full list of standard features you'd expect for thousands, if not tens of thousands more.
•V-series adds same engine and performance goodies as CTS/CTC-V model. $70,000.
Escalade - MARKET: Global
PRICE: $65,000-$95,000
Updated styling similar to the current one with A&S design that yells "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M HIP!" as the current one seems to do. Far improved interior that is much more comfortable and stylish. Ultra8 with optional Ultra12 (ranging from 375 hp to 500 hp). RWD, optional AWD.
•VIP version should offer a strong, smooth 500 hp Ultra12, Bose suspension, quieter and comfier interior, 26" chrome low-profiles or 22" chrome smooth-riding/comfortable "luxury" wheels, as well as completely full list of standard features you'd expect for thousands, if not tens of thousands more.
•Sixty Special includes exclusive, exotic leather, wood, and material as well as colors of your choice; heated all-around windows; far more comfortable and quieter cabin with nothing "sport" about it; reclining rear seats; Six captian chairs all around; small frig and wine "chiller". $140,000.
Engines Employed:
----------------------------------------
Diesel's:
Duratec 8100's: 0
16 Cylinder's:
Ultra16's: 1
12 Cylinder's:
Ultra12's: 6
V10's:
Ultra10's: 5
Vortec 8200's: 0
V8's:
Ultra8's: 8
Northstar 4.4's: 0
Northstar 4.8's: 0
Northstar 5.3's: 0
Northstar 5.7's: 0
Wildcat 402's: 0
LS2's: 0
LS7's: 0
LS9's: 0
350 (5.7)'s: 0
5.3's: 0
V6's:
Aluminum DOHC 3.4's:: 2
Aluminum DOHC 3.6's:: 1
Aluminum DOHC 3.8's:: 3
Aluminum Cam-In-Block 3.0's: 0
Aluminum Cam-In-Block 3.4's: 0
Aluminum Cam-In-Block 3.6's: 0
Aluminum Cam-In-Block 3.8's: 0
Aluminum Cam-In-Block 3.9's: 0
I4's:
Ecotec 1.8's: 0
R-tec 2.0's: 0
R-tec 2.2's: 0
R-tec 2.4's: 1
Platforms Employed:
----------------------------------------
Kappa's: 0
Delta II's: 2
Epsilon II's: 0
Zeta's: 0
Sigma II's: 5
Ultras': 4
XR's: 1
GMT900's: 1
GMT350's: 0
Theta's: 0
Lambda's: 0

My Ideal Cadillac Lineup - GMI (http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24246)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-30-06, 10:51 PM
Wow great thread idea!

I've got ideas too, I'll post when I get home!

Sandy
01-30-06, 11:01 PM
I'll take a Sixty Special in some Special Order Paint Color with White Leather, and Pecan distrerssed wood.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-31-06, 12:26 AM
I'll take a Sixty Special in some Special Order Paint Color with White Leather, and Pecan distrerssed wood.

:sneaky:

Boy Sandy, I think some guy in NJ has one, maybe you should ask him..... ;)

dallas_cts
01-31-06, 01:49 AM
Nice

CTS4Chiefy
01-31-06, 07:40 PM
Glad ya like the thread... and again feel free to say what what you think, even if you don't like it... :)

70eldo
02-02-06, 06:40 AM
GTS is already an Opel Vectra series... wouldn't go for that Chiefy ;)
And I don't think the DTS and Fleetwood would sell globally.

But very nice line-up!

CTS4Chiefy
02-06-06, 04:05 PM
See, I didn't know that.. thanks!

And, umm, why can't I edit my posts now? There's no "Edit" button that I can see... it was there before, but not now..?