: brake noise (not braking)

twentyon20s
01-30-06, 04:49 PM
I've noticed a squeaking coming from my breaks on occassion coming from my brakes when im NOT braking. I assume it's the brakes because as soon as i press down on them the sound will stop and/or blend into the normal brake squeal. I've had the dealership check it out before and they told me everything was ok... anyone else have this problem?

Also, i was hoping to get my differential changed today before i put my exhaust system on this weekend, but the (other) dealership told me they cant assess the sound until i change my front tires (go figure), but has anyone had or know of any warranty issues that could result from B&B headers and exhaust (basically, will i still be covered if the rear diff. goes?)

50 4Ever
01-30-06, 05:05 PM
I've noticed a squeaking coming from my breaks on occassion coming from my brakes when im NOT braking. I assume it's the brakes because as soon as i press down on them the sound will stop and/or blend into the normal brake squeal. I've had the dealership check it out before and they told me everything was ok... anyone else have this problem?

Also, i was hoping to get my differential changed today before i put my exhaust system on this weekend, but the (other) dealership told me they cant assess the sound until i change my front tires (go figure), but has anyone had or know of any warranty issues that could result from B&B headers and exhaust (basically, will i still be covered if the rear diff. goes?)

From what you are describing on the brake noise it sounds to me like the GM wear indicator. When the pads are worn a "chirping" noise can be heard and goes away when you apply the brakes. But, since the dealer checked it out that must not be it.

:banghead:

heavymetals
01-30-06, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't recommend you mod anything till you get your problems fixed first.