: Well everyone, I had to let her go today :(

Seattle CTS-V
01-30-06, 01:58 PM
I woke up early so I could spend a few last moments with Baby-V this morning. I drove her a few miles to Bellevue Cadillac and gave them the keys. She'll be gone for over a week now getting a new clutch, a new '06 differential and a Maggie. It's gonna be hard driving this other automatic CTS. It just doesn't feel, look or sound the same. I hope she knows it's for her own good and that we'll have lots of fun together when she's all put back together.

homer403
01-30-06, 02:27 PM
:histeric: I love these stories... I have been without my baby since last wedensday.

CIWS
01-30-06, 02:30 PM
I feel your pain. The dealership's bodyshop, errr uhh "Collision Center" has had Katrina for two weeks tomorrow doing some touch up painting on the front facia/hood from some minor stuff that was there at delivery. Now I'm really beginning to regret letting them do it for no more than it was.
I've been driving a base model CTS with a 2.8L since then..:crying: :annoyed: :nono: :helpless: :violin: :bang2: :banghead:

Kadonny
01-30-06, 03:08 PM
:thepan: You guys are killing me with these titles:thepan:

wildwhl
01-30-06, 03:54 PM
The previous 2 weeks of my life were some of the longest until I got the Maggie back last Friday and put her back together.

God I missed her - would have even traded my wife on some days to get her back sooner :banghead2)

Seattle CTS-V
01-30-06, 04:00 PM
The previous 2 weeks of my life were some of the longest until I got the Maggie back last Friday and put her back together.

God I missed her - would have even traded my wife on some days to get her back sooner :banghead2)

Assuming you love your wife, I can only reason that 'V' + Maggie = better than sex.

Rickerbucks
01-31-06, 01:00 AM
Two weeks today since mine went into the shop and probably 2 - 3 weeks more.

What am I driving as a courtesy car?

A bloddy Grand Am.

No expense spared apparantly.

Course I'm going to get a new cowl hood and powder coat the grills

:)

thebigjimsho
01-31-06, 03:58 PM
...and powder coat the grillsYEAH!!!

Seattle CTS-V
01-31-06, 04:01 PM
Two weeks today since mine went into the shop and probably 2 - 3 weeks more.

What am I driving as a courtesy car?

A bloddy Grand Am.

No expense spared apparantly.

Course I'm going to get a new cowl hood and powder coat the grills

:)

A Grand Am! You lucky bastard. We've gotta meet up this summer sometime...I'd love to see that grill!

CTSV05
01-31-06, 05:51 PM
Well, we just got ours home today from the body shop.....they did a great job, thankfully it was minor.

Seattle.....I hope u dropped the kit off too.

:):):):)

crowan
01-31-06, 07:10 PM
Assuming you love your wife, I can only reason that 'V' + Maggie = better than sex.

Not better than sex. Just better than sex with the wife.:canttalk:

CR

Seattle CTS-V
01-31-06, 08:25 PM
Seattle.....I hope u dropped the kit off too.

:):):):)

I assume you're referring to the KARS stage 3 kit, which I still haven't received yet. I'm still hoping it arrives sometime early this week so I can have them put it on...though I read it isn't a very difficult install for DIY'ers.

CTSV05
01-31-06, 10:58 PM
Hmmmm
You should have it by now.

If not tomorow, let me know..........

Seattle CTS-V
02-01-06, 12:25 AM
Just got it today!!! It looks AWESOME!!!! Wow, nice work. I'm gonna run it over to the shop so they can get her installed w/ the blower. You promised I'd have it this week and you delivered! Thanks!

V-Sting
02-01-06, 03:31 AM
Yeah, my brace came today too. Thanks Doug!

CIWS
02-01-06, 06:19 AM
Just got it today!!! It looks AWESOME!!!! Wow, nice work. I'm gonna run it over to the shop so they can get her installed w/ the blower. You promised I'd have it this week and you delivered! Thanks!

Glad to hear you've got yours back. :)
I'm now past two weeks and they said yesterday they can't even tell me if I'll get it today. So I sat down and had a long talk with the GM of the dealership yesterday. The discussion sounded promising, but we'll see.

Seattle CTS-V
02-01-06, 12:10 PM
Glad to hear you've got yours back. :)
I'm now past two weeks and they said yesterday they can't even tell me if I'll get it today. So I sat down and had a long talk with the GM of the dealership yesterday. The discussion sounded promising, but we'll see.

Sorry, I meant I got the KARS stage 3 kit...not my car back. :(

I'm gonna drop off the kit at the shop so they can install it. I didn't realize there was any welding involved in the installation. Guess it's not as DIY as I had thought.

CTSV05
02-01-06, 05:08 PM
Hmmmmm

Glad you got the kit, both of you, although I was sure we discussed the reinforcement plates and welding them in.

Maybe not, sorry if I didn't discuss this, I normally do tho.

On the '05 it isn't as critical for the plates as on a '04.

Well, Seattle, and Vsting, please keep me posted on the results, and please have whoever call if there are any questions.

You 2 should have had those yesterday tho!!

Seattle CTS-V
02-01-06, 06:48 PM
I did get them yesterday.

CTSV05
02-03-06, 07:54 AM
Very Good!!

Seattle CTS-V
02-03-06, 12:42 PM
I spoke to the garage yesterday and he said there is a good chance I could get her back tonight! I can easily put 500 miles on the new diff and clutch in a wknd!!!