: Forum woes??

L.Sanchez
01-30-06, 02:29 PM
Anyone else notice the increase in traffic in this forum lately??? Anyone up for trying to put some subforums in here??? I don't have the time to be on here everyday, so if I miss a day or two, whatever threads I was interested in have been put back to the 3rd or 4th page. No fun. I don't want to have to search through all the threads to try and remember the ones that I liked.

Think we can convince the mods and admins to get us a couple V subforums?

Ladis

ewill3rd
01-30-06, 02:56 PM
I use the view new post quick link and look for the icons for threads I have posted in.
It works pretty well, but sometimes if I miss a day there are still 10 pages of new posts.

heavymetals
01-30-06, 04:14 PM
Sub forums were tried, I believe and a lot of complaints ensued.

The worst part is that people start new threads about subjects that have been covered already, but they don't want to search.:thepan:

rand49er
01-30-06, 04:22 PM
Yeah, it's getting so I need to be online while driving my V!:histeric:

AmesCTS-V
01-30-06, 04:24 PM
Start subscribing to threads. It's easier to track the ones you posted in or are interested in.

wildwhl
01-30-06, 04:56 PM
Subscribe to threads you're interested in...but the subforum thing was tried and shot down previously.
Reed/Ben/Urby - feel like :horse: again?
WW

urbanski
01-30-06, 05:04 PM
Reed/Ben/Urby - feel like :horse: again?
WW
no

Dreamin
01-30-06, 10:04 PM
The worst part is that people start new threads about subjects that have been covered already, but they don't want to search.:thepan:

:yeah: How about a sub-forum "Questions that have been asked to death, but i'm too lazy to search" :bigroll:

joshdctsv
01-30-06, 10:52 PM
Hard to complain because there is simply so much valuable info here, but it truely has changed the way I use the forum. Early on I could/would post and contribute daily. Now, however, it is too time consuming to even keep up with the new posts. You really have to hand it to the mods... they must live here.
It would make for an interesting user group study to see the impact that too much info has on such communities (and speaks to the power/value of google)

L.Sanchez
01-31-06, 01:34 PM
I'm sure its been beaten to death and I'm sure that everyone has shot the idea down...its only when its basically forced upon the crowd that people start to appreciate it. I've never understood why people don't prefer a more organized approach to searching and posting using sub-forums. It was bitched and complained about on LS1.com for years only to have people love it after the mods just started doing it. Now LS1.com, LS1tech.com, LT1.com, etc all have them and people love it...it just makes sense.

So why are we being stubborn??? :) Oh well.

Ladis