: A Car from HELL!!

RobertCTS
01-30-06, 12:37 PM
I don't think this would be legal. Note 4 wheel steering.

http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2006/01/26/video_fiat_126_maar_dan_anders

LilaGirl72Eldo
01-30-06, 12:53 PM
the fact that clip was set to Prodigy's "Breath" and that bad-ass little car started drag-racing another car backwards (that'll blow your mind) makes this the best webvideo link of the year(thus far), hands down! i love it, too cool.

FSU_Noles
01-30-06, 02:36 PM
that was hilarious.... :2thumbs::histeric::histeric:

Katshot
01-30-06, 02:52 PM
I'm pretty sure someone posted that one already. I remember seeing it before.

noahsdad
01-30-06, 03:17 PM
Some people just have way too much time on their hands....

RobertCTS
01-30-06, 03:23 PM
Actually 4 wheel steering is very difficult to engineer and drive. It's used a lot by the Truck customisers. The engine sure wasn't stock either. Of course the really value of the post is to imagine seeing that car coming down the road towards you backwards at a high rate of speed.:shocked2:

Katshot
01-30-06, 03:53 PM
There's actually a lot of vehicles out there that utilize 4-wheel steering. GMC has pick-ups that have it, many busses have it, and there's some import cars that have it. A lot of off-road chassis are equipped with it and most monster trucks have it.
And as for going backwards, anyone ever see the Burt Reynolds movie Hooper? They custom made a Chevy(?) pick-up that had the body reverse mounted on the chassis so the truck could look like it was going 50-60mph down the highway in reverse. I don't remember who actually built it.

Kev
01-30-06, 04:07 PM
I think that car had two front wheel drive systems in it. Did you notice that there were two guys driving at one point in the video? They were each steering.

RobertCTS
01-30-06, 04:17 PM
I think that car had two front wheel drive systems in it. Did you notice that there were two guys driving at one point in the video? They were each steering.

Didn't notice that Kev. Deserves a second look.:p

Yep, near the end you see a second guy. I like the part wear he had the car slideways and the on coming car pulled off the road. That had to be a blast!!

AirJigga25
01-30-06, 05:29 PM
the fact that clip was set to Prodigy's "Breath" and that bad-ass little car started drag-racing another car backwards (that'll blow your mind) makes this the best webvideo link of the year(thus far), hands down! i love it, too cool.

THAT is the second best thing i've seen on cadillacforums all year

addison_ii
01-30-06, 06:29 PM
The statement when you're bored do something creative, was just taken to a new level.

RobertCTS
01-30-06, 06:39 PM
THAT is the second best thing i've seen on cadillacforums all year

Wow!!.. So what was First????:D

ElDawgg 2G
01-30-06, 07:18 PM
Hello...
Dunno why but the videoclip reminds me of:

A Car&Driver article from several years ago about a custom Eldorado with 2 engines?
The article referred to the car as having both a Northstar and Southstar.
Both engines were fully operational ...but it wasn't 4 wheel steering.

Seeing the Fiat racing backwards(?) kinda reminded me of that special Eldorado.
I'll look for the article and post some pics.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=47293

RobertCTS
01-30-06, 09:46 PM
Hello...
Dunno why but the videoclip reminds me of:

A Car&Driver article from several years ago about a custom Eldorado with 2 engines?
The article referred to the car as having both a Northstar and Southstar.
Both engines were fully operational ...but it wasn't 4 wheel steering.

Seeing the Fiat racing backwards(?) kinda reminded me of that special Eldorado.
I'll look for the article and post some pics.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=3563

Holy Moly I remember that Eldo! Thanks for the memory!:thumbsup:

JimHare
01-30-06, 11:31 PM
Leave it to an Italian to do something odd with a car...:cookoo:

Reminds me of that picture from an old Road & Track of the mid 70's where a guy put two Pontiacs together somehow - cut them both in half and joined the two fronts together. The dam thing looked exactly the same coming or going...

LilaGirl72Eldo
01-30-06, 11:36 PM
i thought they were in the Netherlands, was it filmed in Italy?? huh..

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-31-06, 12:24 AM
Car from hell eh?

http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/chrysler/antigos/fury-christine-4.jpg

Christine!

danbuc
01-31-06, 12:32 AM
Funny clip..:thumbsup: Did Mosler ever build any more Twinstars..or did they just leave it at that one prototype they build that Car&Driver tested? I knwo they were built to order.....but did anyone actually buy one?

dbdartman
01-31-06, 01:17 AM
Google "Hurst Hairy Olds"

ElDawgg 2G
01-31-06, 01:32 AM
Hello...
My guess is that they only built the prototype.
I don't know if anyone actually ordered one...
I'd kinda like to meet the person who would, though!

01010100 01110111 01101001 01101110 01110011 01110100 01100001 01110010

ps...nice signature, danbuc
it doesn't lose anything in the translation

Katshot
01-31-06, 09:18 AM
Google "Hurst Hairy Olds"

Damn, I don't remember that car at all. Amazing! I remember the Hemi under glass but not this one. The question would have to be, if all 4 wheels were spinning, how did they steer it?

RobertCTS
01-31-06, 09:35 AM
Damn, I don't remember that car at all. Amazing! I remember the Hemi under glass but not this one. The question would have to be, if all 4 wheels were spinning, how did they steer it?

Hemi Under Glass. Good memory. The Hemi engine was behind the driver of a '65 Baracuda. Thus you could look in the rear window at the engine. Look in the rear side window to see the engine.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/hemiunderglass.jpg