Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bodyside molding to protect the doors?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MJDART 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone put bodyside molding on their ATS? I agree the car looks better without them but the parking lot at work is absolutely brutal on cars – the spaces are so small they pack the cars in like sardines. And people could care less about respecting other people’s property. My last car had protective molding that took some of the wear and tear, but the ATS is just wide open. I’m surprised Cadillac doesn’t offer this as an accessory, so I started looking around. There are companies that make them (painted to match). Anyone do this for their car?
Here's one example I found:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Mid-size car

See less See more
#4 ·
My opinion is the outside edge of doors on too many cars aren't straight up and down and the molding won't be that effective even if at it's widest point. Look at the rear door picture of the ATS above. I don't think this door opened into your car would be stopped by the molding. At best only stopping some dings and not looking very good in the process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.