: new cts-v owner

nightrain-v
01-30-06, 04:40 AM
hey whats up everyone, i am a proud new cts-v owner. i just purchased and took delivery of a 2006 black on black v. i choose the v over the 2006 25th aniversary audi s4 and i am happy with my decision. i want to start to mod my v and i was wondering what the best exhaust is out there, so far i have heard magnaflow was the best. also i was wondering about performace chips, and any coilover kits i could get.

thanks nightrain

DrivingAmericanNow
01-30-06, 06:45 AM
hey whats up everyone, i am a proud new cts-v owner. i just purchased and took delivery of a 2006 black on black v. i choose the v over the 2006 25th aniversary audi s4 and i am happy with my decision. i want to start to mod my v and i was wondering what the best exhaust is out there, so far i have heard magnaflow was the best. also i was wondering about performace chips, and any coilover kits i could get.

thanks nightrain

Congrats! I made the same choice you did.

Regarding the exhaust, if you're looking purely for sound, get the Corsa (my opinion). If you're looking purely for power, they say the BB is the way to go. MagnaFlow seems to have a price advantage though (if that's important).

Kadonny
01-30-06, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have ordered my 06V and am just waiting now. I chose the Corsa and the dealer is putting it on for me. B&B is louder and may have more hp gains, but the Corsa had the right sound and quality for me.

Flyboy
01-30-06, 09:43 AM
This is an FYI.....I've owned the B&B, and now have the Corsa and love it. Loud when you want and still no "harmonics" while cruising at 60-70. BTW, I dynoed them both on the same day......exactly the same results....no difference in power.

CIWS
01-30-06, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the forum, and the V Club. Nice choice on V color, Good Guys wear Black.

Personally, I'm still pretty much stock, although I will be going with the Corsa exhaust here in the next couple of months.

heavymetals
01-30-06, 01:14 PM
Welcome.

Your DOOMED.

No "chip" look up Stealth tune.

Mutlu
01-30-06, 01:21 PM
Before doing anything to the suspension you should attend either a track event or autocross event. I am on the stock suspension, not even the FG2s and have attended 4 track events (Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow and twice on Willow Springs). I think you will be surprised to see how well the V handles.

Davidstan
01-30-06, 01:48 PM
Before doing anything to the suspension you should attend either a track event or autocross event. I am on the stock suspension, not even the FG2s and have attended 4 track events (Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow and twice on Willow Springs). I think you will be surprised to see how well the V handles.

I agree w/ this as good lord the handleing is incredible. I love how this car balances comfort with cornering.

D

50 4Ever
01-30-06, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

I have the Magnaflow catback system on my V and just love the deep rumble at idle. I have Corsa Indy's on my Corvette (no x-pipe) and at idle they have a motorboat sound, but at WOT on the track they just scream. I was measured at 103Db, during throttle blips, at Road Atlanta last July. I love the Corsa's. I would like to hear a V with Corsa's but I have only seen one in the area in the last 3 months.:(

CTSV05
01-30-06, 02:30 PM
Velcome!!

You have made a great choice....in my never to be humble opinion.

Exhaust all depends on your sound preference, power differences are negligable.

Check out my modded factory exh., its just enough more, but still civilized.

V Page (http://www.karsxtremeperf.com/photo6.html)

crowan
01-30-06, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new V.

If you use the search function you will find a million posts regarding exhausts, but the best thing to do is hear them. Where are you located? There may be other Forum members near you with aftermarket exhausts.

I have the Corsa and love it. I recommend a PCM tune with the Corsa because it eliminates the aftermarket "burble" and pops (as well as improving performance and eliminating the CAGs issue).

Good luck.

CR

BadCad
01-30-06, 08:38 PM
Welcome to the V enthusiasts- :welcome:
Quite a few guys down here in SoCal have the Corsa on their V's; make a trip down here when we're all getting together (watch posts by Reed, CTSVETT) and get the whole spectrum from Corsa's to Zoomers to ....

BTW - sorry to read you've black on black, platinum seem to be just a bit faster overall. :stirpot:

arr0gant
01-30-06, 09:46 PM
Welcome.

Your DOOMED.

No "chip" look up Stealth tune.

DOOMED indeed!

nightrain-v
01-31-06, 03:23 AM
i'm down in san diego, and just love cruising around in the v, but yea so everyone loves the corsa exhaust. does it put out the best performance and sound?

calicadi
01-31-06, 03:47 AM
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum!

You're doomed (but already knew that and enjoy mods I'll bet).
Many contributors list their mods on the line under the picture (avatar). After a while you'll know whom to communicate with on specifics.
Everybody's got an opinion. Use the search capabilites and research the threads... try searching Exhaust and Tune for starters.Enjoy your new whip! Bone stock this car is a weapon. Take it easy until you have a chance to get a acquainted with its' power (preferrably on a track!). Be especailly careful on cold tires. Several have learned this the hard way.

P.S. Don't expect horsepwer gains from exhaust systems. You can actually lose HP and gain torque depending on what you have done. Maybe one of the engineers will chime in on that. Something about back-pressure and scavenging I think?

crowan
01-31-06, 12:00 PM
The exhaust mod is not primarily for power. It is for unleashing the sound of that great motor.

Consider what you would be missing in the experience of drinking a fine wine with your nose pinched shut. That is the equivalent of the stock exhaust.

Being able to hear (and feel) that motor as you run through the gears totally changes the experience of driving the car.

BadCad
01-31-06, 01:45 PM
Being able to hear (and feel) that motor as you run through the gears totally changes the experience of driving the car.:yeah:

rand49er
01-31-06, 02:41 PM
Get a shifter. For a couple of hundred bucks, it's the best mod going. As for exhausts, I'm getting a B&B. And, if it is too loud for my old ears (or my wife's), it'll be back out on the market, and I'll be looking for a Corsa. Once I settle in on an exhaust, then it's on to headers, and then ... :banghead: ... oh no ... help ... stop me!