: The "clunk"

trekster
01-29-06, 06:27 PM
I know when you are "parade" driving you get that really nasty clunk noise. But, whenever I switch gears no matter at which speed i'm still getting the clunk. Also, when I let go off the gas pedal then press it again. Is it an indication that I need new bushings for the car or can my transmission mount screwed up?

-Gilbert

DrivingAmericanNow
01-30-06, 06:41 AM
I know when you are "parade" driving you get that really nasty clunk noise. But, whenever I switch gears no matter at which speed i'm still getting the clunk. Also, when I let go off the gas pedal then press it again. Is it an indication that I need new bushings for the car or can my transmission mount screwed up?

-Gilbert

That sounds a little excessive. The clunk is normal during slow parking lot driving, forward/reverse changes, etc.... but it shouldn't be noticable in say the 4th to 5th shift. If it is, it's probably an indication that something is loose. I'd have it looked at sooner than later, because that driveline slop can do damage to vulnerable parts like your differential.

obzidian
01-30-06, 11:52 AM
yep, same here...

I think it might be the rear cradle is loose on its mount. Having it checked right now...